Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won 6-2 against Topps but didn't really play very well. Had a few more clear cut chances, of which we probaly should have buried at least a couple.

Missed our main striker who has an ankle injury and our creative midfielder who decided to take his sour faced missus away for valentines weekend. Puff!

It was just one of those games for us where we were never going to lose but it just didn't flow right all game. On our day it could have been double figures cus they were shit.

Crucial game next week. 4 teams playing for 3 promotion places and were playing 4th who have a game in hand on us and will go a point ahead of us if they win that. Hopefully my striker will be back for that.

Congrats to Birstall Stamford FC today :038:. They've won through to the semis of the FA Sunday Cup for the 3rd time (certainly 2 but I think I'm right in saying 3). They've lost to the eventual winners on penalties both of the last 2 years (albeit early on last year) so hopefully they can finally get to the final this year.

I no longer play Sunday football but used to play in the Charnwood Prem and we always had a good few beers in the Stamford after playing them so I hope they manage to get to the final which is usually played at Anfield.

Lost 5-1 to the 100% record Trinderbox. Sounds daft but it was actually one of our best displays of the season. We had a goal ruled out for offside at 0-0, then had a real dodgy spell 4-1 at HT and should have had a couple before it was 5-1. Second time we've gave them a game and by their admission, we have been the best opposition for them in our division.

Last edited:
Sickening, but the cast is off tomorrow, so should only miss 1 more game and then we can be back to losing ways :icon_wink

No wonder you seem to get injured so easily, that is not enough time.

still out with the knee injury, but i still ventured up to Fleckney rec to watch our lot draw 2-2 with Beaumont. Awful game ruined by an absolute pudding of a pitch - if we were all not so far behind with fixtures because of the snow this would have been off. As it stands tho we've still got about 12 matches to play

Lost 3-0 in the cup to unbeaten premier league side Robinson's Garage. Was only 1-0 with ten mins to go and are legs finally gave out chasing the game. Was a good performance aganist there guys and 1 of their guys told us that was the hardest game they had played all year and we would have no problem if we got promoted this year.

Quality wise we were just about as good as them in my opinion but the difference between the sides was that they were that half a yard quicker than us not just running but thinking as well. if we had reacted like they did then we may have just been able to nick it.

They quite often had 4 men breaking against our 3 defenders and we got away with it really but our midfield veteran missed an open goal when it was 1-0 that proved crucial.

Good set of lads though and they played in the leicester kit. I thought i recognised one of their lads as 1 of the groundsman down the city but could be wrong

Lost 3-0 in the cup to unbeaten premier league side Robinson's Garage. Was only 1-0 with ten mins to go and are legs finally gave out chasing the game. Was a good performance aganist there guys and 1 of their guys told us that was the hardest game they had played all year and we would have no problem if we got promoted this year.

Quality w*s* we were just about as good as them in my opinion but the difference between the sides was that they were that half a yard quicker than us not just running but thinking as well. if we had reacted like they did then we may have just been able to nick it.

They quite often had 4 men breaking against our 3 defenders and we got away with it really but our midfield veteran missed an open goal when it was 1-0 that proved crucial.

Good set of lads though and they played in the leicester kit. I thought i recognised one of their lads as 1 of the groundsman down the city but could be wrong

You are correct, I know most of the team and was asked to sign for them a couple of times a year or so back.

We lost 5-2 in the cup. The score line doesn't really reflect the game and we were well in it for large portions of the game.

Could have at least taken them to extra time in all reality but conceeding a couple of silly goals cost us.

Cast is off, but the Doctor advised no exercise for 4 weeks.

Devastated.

Honestly im going to be so fat by the time i play again.

Wait 4 weeks or potentially knacker your foot again and be out for even longer?

If you know whats good for your team you'll leave it more than 4 weeks;)

Devastated.

I've not been down for the last 3 mondays due to shin aches and then sinus problems this week, I feel less fit already, and I had a head start in the fat stakes.

Devastated.

My little toe's still stiff. Probably did break it. Had a week off Football due to called-off games and felt it get better. Played Sunday, it swollen up again. So I advise you keeping off it. Still I'll carry on. Centre halves play through the pain barrier!

Devastated.

Don't rush back it's not worth it. I came back too early last month (on the advice of the doctor) and it's set me back further. I know how frustrating it is having only played 5 games in the last 16 months.

Don't rush back it's not worth it. I came back too early last month (on the advice of the doctor) and it's set me back further. I know how frustrating it is having only played 5 games in the last 16 months.

TBF you've only missed about 3 matches. I'm still sidelined after my cartilage went about a month ago - likewise doc said i should be back playing by now, I still struggle to get out the car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00