Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
We play at Croft. Dunno if that will be any good for you but i'll keep you informed if we do manage to get this side up and running.

That's not too bad, I'm in Beaumont Leighs so Kingy's is more local, but apparantly I don't fit into his training plans :icon_bigg

Lost a quarter final 6-4. 4-3 up with 9 to play gutted.

Quickest strike pairing we've had yet and then they brought one of Emile Heskeys brothers on. He has crushed me little toe. There must have been thirty minutes in 2nd half where they couldn't get past us. Post, keeper, off the line...the lot and I thought it would happen. Then we hit the post at 4-3, gaps just opened up and the back four were outnumbered. In terms of football, it's the best game I have played in ages.

I suppose we've just gotta try and win more games than we lose now. Keep playing decent football bar probably the league leaders, we can beat the rest.

Put a bit of weight on over Christmas?

Don't worry, Lurch will take you under his (chicken) wing :icon_bigg

Actually I've lost about 1/2 - 3/4 stone since November, but I've plateued now and unless I start doing some more exercise I'll slip back.

This season has been a write-off as far as im concerned. We did have a great run in the cup going but then in cup week only 9 players turned up.

Lost 4-0 on Sunday, improvement on last week but still no nearly good enough if we ar eto turn this around. On paper we have some quality players, its just that were chopping and changing our starting 11 every Sunday morning due to let downs, we need some consistency.

All the gaffer is looking for is somone willing to turn up every week and obviously a half decent footballer. :icon_lol:

I made 2 of my players throw the previous nights beer up on sunday at our training session. If you wanna work hard then come to my team. I'll wank your socks off! :icon_bigg

****ing sickening, I can see why you can't work with the youth teams now.

game was called off again. Played only twice since november!

welcome from leicester a & e ! Thats right im here again. Yesterday our game was on despite the frozen pitch. In the 2nd half i went through on goal and smashed it against the bar from a tight angle . The challenging defender knocked me over and i twisted my right foot. Im now waiting for an x ray. I cant walk on it and the physio thinks its possibly my 5th metatarsal. Hooray !

Good bunch of guys, had a good time and didn't feck up so was chuffed! Ache like a good 'un today, them 11 a side pitches are a bit bigger than 5 a side!

Went along to watch the boys today, a brilliant performance ! Won 5-2 against Birstall Rangers and won just our second game of the season.

Just out of interest but were you injured for the last victory?

;)

we managed a battling 4-3 victory over the stoke city of our division, LK Old Boys.

I think the words 'big' and 'hoof' may have been created just for them.

We stormed into a 3-0 lead after about 15 mins with some neat play. we then stopped taking our chances and 'took our foot off of the pedal' a bit. they pulled one back, but we replied before half time to go in at 4-1.

We then continued to waste chance after chance. we could have been 8-1 up before they scored their second. Then Hazz buggered someone in the box to give away a penalty. I may have mixed up their second and third goals, purely because i can't remember one of them.

More chances followed for us but we somehow couldn't get the ball in the back of the net. Hazz managed it with a lovely glancing header from a corner, but the lino said it wasn't over the line. tosser :icon_lol:

in the end it could have been 14-3, we just can't finish teams off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00