Post Match Sunderland 0 Leicester City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm resigned to the apparent eventuality that we will **** up the world and win the the league.

Mountains will crumble and continents will sink into the depths of the deepest oceans... and the trophy will probably come with the severed hands of the previous incumbents still locked gripping on for dear life, and beyond.

We're seven points clear ...still. We don't have to consider anything the other 'contenders' do ...it's entirely in our hands, within our reach. It's up to us to take it... and THEY can't change that. We don't have to rely on anyone to do us a favour, and if this lot ain't trying to win the bloody thing, then they're doing a bloody awful impersonation of Arsenal!

This lot believe they can beat anybody on the day... even if us fans are psychologically burdened/tortured by our past experiences of Leicester City teams comprised of entirely different individuals and absent-mindedly forget the wise words of the current captain Big Wes "...we're writing our own history here". I think he has a point there.

Vardy's scoring again. Kane didn't. So it'll be Carroll for the Euros then.

Champions league upgrade achieved, so now we can focus entirely on the bit of silver and the massive bit of history we're just a couple of games from.

Just need to finish the job ourselves and not wait for someone to hand it on a plate to us.

Aye

Spurs v Man U was definitely not even. The goals may have all came in a 6 minute spell but Spurs dominated the game and ManYoo created very little, looked like a bunch of lost boys defending and genuinely didn't have any real commitment about them.

Still the result had a silver lining for us in that it keeps Man U far enough back that they can't catch us :)

Next weekend will be great, West Ham can still make the top 4 themselves so they'll come at us and hopefully we'll get that extra space going forward which made all the difference after we'd scored the first goal today. It will be interesting to see how we handle Payet. We know he is a creative so and so and deadly from set pieces so it will be important to try and show players out wide and try and close them down early in the middle of the park.

Of course the other thing I have noted is that whenever the Foxes have a relatively good year in the top flight it seems to coincide with a change in governments or similar establishment power! Not saying there's a conspiracy but, you know... watch the spaces! o_O

two coolly taken goals by Vardy (any of our other strikers would have fluffed them)!

I was thinking about not only this season's strikers, but all of our strikers that I have seen play (since abut 2007). I can't think of a single one that would have finished both, bar possibly Fryatt when he was bang on form in league one. That said, he wouldn't have had the pace to create either of those chances. So, meh.

Maybe same thing for Yak?

Jamie Vardy truly is something special. An incredible find.

Fryatt ?

:043::043::043::043:

Feck me, that's made me laugh
Literally only when he was on form. The more time he had, the more likely he was to feck it up any other time.

He had about 10 games in League one when everything he touched went in.

DJ Campbell, but only because the opposition would have stopped playing on account of the offside flag being raised.

I was thinking about not only this season's strikers, but all of our strikers that I have seen play (since abut 2007). I can't think of a single one that would have finished both, bar possibly Fryatt when he was bang on form in league one.

Allan Clarke

Another excellent team performance, granted we were not as fluent in attack, with Mahrez particularly quiet, however we worked hard and limited Sunderland to very few clear cut chances, whilst we could and possibly should have scored another couple, most impressive for me is the way we closed out the final 5 minutes of injury time, we were magnificent in retaining possession and running the clock down.

Ulloa, Amartey and Gray all made decent contributions when coming on and it bodes well for the remainder of the run in that we have players coming off the bench who can make a positive impact on games and not just to defend and close out the game.

I know how you feel. I feel deflated at the Spurs result even though we are still in a fantastic position still in control of our own destiny!

Totally irrational know!

Now I've had a sleep I've changed my mind about this. It is Spurs who will be feeling deflated because despite a cracking result against Manchester United they still haven't gained any ground on us :)

I'm pretty sure if Spurs game had been on first with same outcome I would have felt more upbeat about it . United held their own first half and it made me think they could hold on for a point before they folded like a cheap deck chair . Vardy netting twice is a massive plus and hopefully he go off another run . I'm not sure what is going on with Mahrez but he looks completely disinterested we looked a better team after the changes . Why are people wearing scarves with champions on ?? I really hope those pictures won't be the toast of Twitter a la Arsenal when they beat us . I keep saying it every week but the next game is massive and West Ham are flying combine that with a gimmie for Spurs and things could change dramatically . This is torture and I want it end now I just hope that come May I will be having a tattoo buying the dvd and maybe even a scarf .

I'm not sure what is going on with Mahrez but he looks completely disinterested we looked a better team after the changes .
Agree - but he's clearly decided he doesn't want to be sold to Barcelona, so he's keeping a low profile. Also, as soon as he gets the ball he's surrounded by three opposition players, which wasn't the case in the earlier part of the season

Another thing to note... Where the **** do these refs keep finding 5 minutes to add on?? Last two games. It's painful.

Feel better about it today, like a lot of you I think the way the Spurs game went knocked it out of me for a bit.

But we're 7 points clear with 5 to go. Max of 3 wins needed.

West Ham aren't flying! They've conceded 5 in their last 2 and keep having to throw the kitchen sink at it to get draws against Palace and Arsenal. They are great going forward but can be opened up like a can of beans if they push their fullbacks forward which they always do. we could have a field day in the channels and they'll know that.
Payet, Lanzini, Antonio and Carroll will be a handful but I still fancy us to cause them equal amounts, if not more trouble.
Gray and/or Ulloa must be pushing for a start in place of Okazaki. Although I expect Claudia to stick with the same side.
We need to avoid getting involved in a slugfest with them and play our own game.
Oh and its 50/50 which of Carroll and Huth will be sent off for elbowing. I'll go for Carroll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566