Post Match Sunderland 0 Leicester City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th place guaranteed. Welcome Leicester City to the Champions League!*

Also guaranteed is our joint best finish since 1929.

And we've got five matches left.

* this can only not happen to the 4th placed finisher if Man City and Liverpool win their European trophies and both finish outside the top four.

And that won't happen to us, since Man City are the only team who could knock us down to fourth.

FFS Mawsley! S'pose you were the guy selling champions scarves before the Saints game too?!!!

We are Leicester fans. We aren't there yet!!!!!!!

That Spurs result has turned my emotions full circle and now I think the gap will be 4 pts by next Monday after Payet and Carroll unlock our back 4 and we're then pretty much doomed!

That Spurs result has turned my emotions full circle.....

I know how you feel. I feel deflated at the Spurs result even though we are still in a fantastic position still in control of our own destiny!

Totally irrational know!

That Spurs result has turned my emotions full circle and now I think the gap will be 4 pts by next Monday after Payet and Carroll unlock our back 4 and we're then pretty much doomed!
I think it could be 10 points after we win and Spurs lose, but what does it matter what we think

FFS Mawsley! S'pose you were the guy selling champions scarves before the Saints game too?!!!

We are Leicester fans. We aren't there yet!!!!!!!
I've been saying it's our title since Liverpool...hence the unchanged avatar and the ongoing countdown in my sig.

Our match - congrats to the team on a very decent result - and two coolly taken goals by Vardy (any of our other strikers would have fluffed them)
For my hearts sake - I wanted more than one goal (earlier post) - but had to wait 94 minutes for the second - thanks!
Man Utd - didn't they used to be good? Total capitulation - and woeful in attack.
Were Spurs fans singing - "Leicester City - you're having a laugh?"
Well - actually, yes we are !!

Yeah the Spurs result made me rethink things a bit! Was sat here with a huge grin from our game up until 70 mins of Spurs, then the nerves came back

Same. Somehow deflated.

Same. It was the manner of it more than anything, they just blew ManUtd away in that second half.

You can easily see them winning every one of their remaining games.

We're in a better position than this morning, why the sudden nerves?

Decades of justified negativity. We'll do it but may have to wait an extra week. Man U were absolute dog turd today, **** knows where they'd end up in the league without their keeper but I guess it wouldn't be top half. People keep saying the fact we could win the league proves how poor the Prem is this season...that Manure could end up in the CL shows how fecking poor it is, not us!!

Spurs blew United away for ten minutes of the second half. That was it. Otherwise is was a fairly even game. Fair enough; they're a good side. But there's no need for anybody to be wetting their knickers. They've not won five in a row at any point this season. I've seen nothing to suggest they'll start now. They have to go to Stoke and Chelsea, and they still have Southampton to play. No chance that that they'll not drop at least a couple of points from that lot.

Even if they don't, we need three wins. Three little wins. Two of our remaining home games are against Everton and Swansea. If we can't go into those confidently then we've no right being champions anyway. Even West Ham don't have a fantastic away record (compared to our home form at least) and they give up plenty of goals. We'll get the nine points we need, probably without even needing anything away from home. Not that I'm particularly intimidated by visits to Chelsea or Man United this season anyway.

If this season proves anything, its the fact that spending squillions on players and their overinflated wages does not guarantee success, its the balance and psychological fit that matters to team building.

Spurs blew United away for ten minutes of the second half. That was it. Otherwise is was a fairly even game. Fair enough; they're a good side. But there's no need for anybody to be wetting their knickers. They've not won five in a row at any point this season. I've seen nothing to suggest they'll start now. They have to go to Stoke and Chelsea, and they still have Southampton to play. No chance that that they'll not drop at least a couple of points from that lot.

Even if they don't, we need three wins. Three little wins. Two of our remaining home games are against Everton and Swansea. If we can't go into those confidently then we've no right being champions anyway. Even West Ham don't have a fantastic away record (compared to our home form at least) and they give up plenty of goals. We'll get the nine points we need, probably without even needing anything away from home. Not that I'm particularly intimidated by visits to Chelsea or Man United this season anyway.

They won 6 league games in a row in January and February.

This all makes sense.

But I can't help get rid of the opposite scenarios from my mind!

We're in a better position than this morning, why the sudden nerves?

Not sudden nerves for me, same nerves as before but an even worse position to lose it from. It's just irrationality and I know it.

Well I'm resigned to the apparent eventuality that we will **** up the world and win the the league.

Mountains will crumble and continents will sink into the depths of the deepest oceans... and the trophy will probably come with the severed hands of the previous incumbents still locked gripping on for dear life, and beyond.

We're seven points clear ...still. We don't have to consider anything the other 'contenders' do ...it's entirely in our hands, within our reach. It's up to us to take it... and THEY can't change that. We don't have to rely on anyone to do us a favour, and if this lot ain't trying to win the bloody thing, then they're doing a bloody awful impersonation of Arsenal!

This lot believe they can beat anybody on the day... even if us fans are psychologically burdened/tortured by our past experiences of Leicester City teams comprised of entirely different individuals and absent-mindedly forget the wise words of the current captain Big Wes "...we're writing our own history here". I think he has a point there.

Vardy's scoring again. Kane didn't. So it'll be Carroll for the Euros then.

Champions league upgrade achieved, so now we can focus entirely on the bit of silver and the massive bit of history we're just a couple of games from.

Just need to finish the job ourselves and not wait for someone to hand it on a plate to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669