Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Sven know about this division and the calibre of player needed to get out of it?

Not much but I get the impression Sven would surround himself around people who at very least do (ie. Powell involved very closely), also reckon he has a lot more contacts in and around English football to spot players etc.

One slight problem with any Sven deal is that he's already agreed a deal elsewhere, the Saudi club might want compo. However, if he's choosing us over them then he clearly must have some desire to succeed with us than sitting around collecting a cheque in the sun.

Maybe O'Neill has been approached but doesn't want to come? Sven on the other hand would shag his own Mother if you offered him a big enough wad of cash...

Oh man, we're gonna get some coverage in Sweden now if this goes through...

Might be biased but I think Sven has received more stick than he deserves in UK.

I don't know about Sven, part of me thinks that he is an experienced manager who has a good knowledge of the game and can get the team playing as a team again and the right way however part of me thinks that he is just trying to make as much money out of football as he can and he sees us as a good club to have a play around with, not sure.

According to SSN, Lee Hoos is currently on his way to London to speak with SGE's representatives and provided money and terms can be agreed, he could be at the game tomorrow and be unveiled as soon as Sunday.

Last edited:
I don't know about Sven, part of me thinks that he is an experienced manager who has a good knowledge of the game and can get the team playing as a team again and the right way however part of me thinks that he is just trying to make as much money out of football as he can and he sees us as a good club to have a play around with, not sure.

There is a reason teams with money throw some his way to become their manager, because he's a good one.

Ooohh what a suprise somebody in football trying to make as much money as possible! Ashley Cole is a money grabbing **** but You'd still have him playing for Leicester!!

The appointment of SGE looks to me like a move to improve the Leicester City "brand" in the Far East. Managerial appointments should be made in the best interests of the team and the squad of players that we have, not for investment purposes, or even worse, to appease the fans (which is what I think MON signing would be).

The appointment of SGE looks to me like a move to improve the Leicester City "brand" in the Far East. Managerial appointments should be made in the best interests of the team and the squad of players that we have, not for investment purposes, or even worse, to appease the fans (which is what I think MON signing would be).

The brand won't improve if we don't improve... the two go hand in hand.

I dare say Sven is a more competent manager than Sousa with far better track record - might look a fool later but I'm very happy with this appointment (if it goes through!).

Ok, mostly I'm happy because we'll be on telly a lot more now...

I dare say Sven is a more competent manager than Sousa with far better track record - might look a fool later but I'm very happy with this appointment (if it goes through!).

Ok, mostly I'm happy because we'll be on telly a lot more now...

Surprised Prof didn't have him on his list to manage Man Utd :icon_bigg

So we don't want sven for one reason or another,same applies for O'Neill...so who else is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669