The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2013 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot about that bloke. I seem to remember he was alright as a player.

I do remember his ridiculous sending off against Portsmouth.

I really didn't think vitor was that bad. I'd say yes unless he wants silly money. Though, he was a Sven signing, so he probably wouldn't come with Pearson at the helm

Me neither and he's a pretty good shout being on a free what with our finances currently and lack of CBs. He was a Sousa signing though I believe but I think the others are more trying to get at whoever started the petition is a bit sad, which is a bit sad really imo as it's a pretty good shout and everyone had forgot about him.

I forgot about that bloke. I seem to remember he was alright as a player.

I do remember his ridiculous sending off against Portsmouth.

Ridiculous from his point of view but quite right from the referees. His foul was so blatant and so cynical that it was the only time I have ever been pleased to see a Leicester player sent off.

Vitor is better than both ssl and injurybred.

Vitor is better than both ssl and injurybred.

None of these feckwits have seen Vitor kick a ball in two/three years, yet they think we should petition the club to sign him???

Utterly bonkers. If he had done anything with the potential he occasionally demonstrated three seasons ago, he might have actually played a few first team matches since and wouldn't have been released on a free.

You cannot possibly say that he's better than SSL or Whitbread because you have no idea what sort of player he is now. Wellens was a decent Championship midfielder back then.

I find it interesting that we've done no business yet. NP made a big deal last summer of doing his recruiting before the end of May and stating it was important to him to bring players in early. I believe that Vardy, James and De Laet were all in by now. As a minimum, NP must be needing the reduce the squad before he can add which isn't ideal because he'll miss targets as a result. This already puts us at a disadvantage over this time last year. With the addition of FFP and the better quality of the relegated sides as well as their much greater comparable wealth, the challenge of season 2013/14 is going to be a great one indeed. I can't help thinking that we've missed our shot and it's going to take something quite exceptional to get us promoted any time soon.

None of these feckwits have seen Vitor kick a ball in two/three years, yet they think we should petition the club to sign him???

Utterly bonkers. If he had done anything with the potential he occasionally demonstrated three seasons ago, he might have actually played a few first team matches since and wouldn't have been released on a free.

You cannot possibly say that he's better than SSL or Whitbread because you have no idea what sort of player he is now. Wellens was a decent Championship midfielder back then.
Whenever he got anything like a decent run in the team he was very good. He would've played a lot more if it wasn't for Sven preferring to play his own signings above anyone else.

you're reading an awful lot into the fact that we haven't signed anyone by the end of May there.

doing things early in the summer is best, but it's still early days and i think generally we don't hear much about pearson's signings until they actually happen. DON'T PANIC DON'T PANIC

also, reading are the only relegated club that i'm really worried about tbh, as they'll keep their squad together and keep their manager. QPR are a shambles, wigan will lose players and their manager. more worried about bolton, watford and forest, but if we keep our squad together and add a bit of quality then i think we should feel confident of being up there again.

it will be a really competitive division again, but the three coming in from league one are fairly weak compared to the teams they're replacing imo, so the it'll be a little less tight than this year; we'll need a higher points total for automatic/play-offs, but so will everyone else so that in itself doesn't mean it's a harder league next year.

I find it interesting that we've done no business yet. NP made a big deal last summer of doing his recruiting before the end of May and stating it was important to him to bring players in early. I believe that Vardy, James and De Laet were all in by now. As a minimum, NP must be needing the reduce the squad before he can add which isn't ideal because he'll miss targets as a result. This already puts us at a disadvantage over this time last year. With the addition of FFP and the better quality of the relegated sides as well as their much greater comparable wealth, the challenge of season 2013/14 is going to be a great one indeed. I can't help thinking that we've missed our shot and it's going to take something quite exceptional to get us promoted any time soon.

So you really think we have the potential to be taking players from Benfica's first team?

Also, remind us how amazingly well we did last season after signing players so early?

If anything, the relegated sides are worse this year. QPR are an absolute joke and will be mid table at best. Wigan are beginning the journey back to where they came from after losing their best manager ever and will lose a number of their better players this summer. Reading could be dangerous but if anything they've looked worse imo since Adkins has arrived there so no guarantee they will be right up there.

With regards to the financial muscle of the relegated teams, we of all fans should know that having money to spend isn't even 50% of success as it is much more about the type of player and how effective the manager can be rather than just splashing the cash. I've not looked it up but I'd say Blackburn were one of, or possibly the biggest spenders last year but they weren't much to worry about were they?

I, too, am concerned after last season's importance of early signings. I know that FFP will affect our business but, cannot believe that we could not work around it, if there was a will.

The 'other site' carries a thread suggesting that the board are not convinced of Pearson's ability and are holding back to potentially give an incoming manager funds. Twelve games has been mentioned as his stay of execution. For all that I did/do not want NP as manager, I really hope this is incorrect. Pearson needs to be either backed, or sacked: with the exception of Vardy, who I could never see as a Championship footballer, his signings are the strongest part of his managership and to not back him to the hilt would surely guarantee another wasted season....

I, too, am concerned after last season's importance of early signings. I know that FFP will affect our business but, cannot believe that we could not work around it, if there was a will.

The 'other site' carries a thread suggesting that the board are not convinced of Pearson's ability and are holding back to potentially give an incoming manager funds. Twelve games has been mentioned as his stay of execution. For all that I did/do not want NP as manager, I really hope this is incorrect. Pearson needs to be either backed, or sacked: with the exception of Vardy, who I could never see as a Championship footballer, his signings are the strongest part of his managership and to not back him to the hilt would surely guarantee another wasted season....
So you think Funcats was a good signing then? :icon_wink

So you think Funcats was a good signing then? :icon_wink

When he has come as sub several times he has shown more than enough.
When he has started a game, that's a different story, but he is young he will learn........grasshopper ;)

I really didn't think vitor was that bad. I'd say yes unless he wants silly money. Though, he was a Sven signing, so he probably wouldn't come with Pearson at the helm

Was he not a Sousa signing

you're reading an awful lot into the fact that we haven't signed anyone by the end of May there.
Quite. Have any clubs made a number of signings yet? Not that I'm aware of. Guess what, most footballers, agents and managers are on their holidays now. There's nobody to actually negotiate with. Chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669