The Championship 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's silverware at the end of the day regardless of how some of the top clubs treat it. We'd all rather win the FA Cup, but then I'd rather have a free Ferrari than a free Ford Focus, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at either.

What even if you lot win it.
Especially if we win.

There would be two scenarios......

the first is we get promoted and win the cup. Staying in the Prem would be doubly difficult if we had to play Europa Cup matches as well as the regular league fixtures.

the second is we stay in the Championship and win the cup. We then have a promotion fight again next season and also have to play Europa Cup matches in the same way that Brum are this season.

And that's on top of League and FA Cup games.

Neither scenario is desirable.
No thanks. Eyes on the prize.

Keen must have worked that out as well then so gave you the game Tuesday night.
These Blackburn fans just don't understand him, he obviously knew that winning was no point so told his team not to bother.
Dougie Freeman obviously hasnt caught on yet.
Could be an interesting Semi Final. Go on you score......... No no you score.................

It's a shame Doncaster can't swap places in the league with Derby, but other than that it's a very nice looking relegation zone.

Keen must have worked that out as well then so gave you the game Tuesday night.
These Blackburn fans just don't understand him, he obviously knew that winning was no point so told his team not to bother.
Dougie Freeman obviously hasnt caught on yet.
Could be an interesting Semi Final. Go on you score......... No no you score.................
If you meant Kean, then he pretty much admits it here. As for Palace, they can have it. Would do them more good than us.

Palace score their first goal in 6 league games 1-0 up againt the sheep

Cardiff beat Brum and put 7 points between them and the non playoff positions. And Brum remain bottom half of the table.
Mickey Mouse Cup taking its toll.

Yeah Bimingham must be pissed that they have to play on any given Sunday again because of the Europa League involvement due to their success in said MMC.

Even Spurs have realised that the Europa League is not that good for them eithwr .Old Harry put out a weakened team for their Thursday night game and then was surprised they lost. And then they paste Bolton 3-0 (should have been a lot more).
So Rhydal I reckon you were spot on with that post of yours about the MMC and Birmingham may feel that once they are out of the Europa League they can get back on track of trying to get out of the Championship. Trouble is by the time this happens they may have lost too much ground.

Yeah Bimingham must be pissed that they have to play on any given Sunday again because of the Europa League involvement due to their success in said MMC.

Even Spurs have realised that the Europa League is not that good for them eithwr .Old Harry put out a weakened team for their Thursday night game and then was surprised they lost. And then they paste Bolton 3-0 (should have been a lot more).
So Rhydal I reckon you were spot on with that post of yours about the MMC and Birmingham may feel that once they are out of the Europa League they can get back on track of trying to get out of the Championship. Trouble is by the time this happens they may have lost too much ground.

having 3 games in hand won't help, they only need a bit of bad weather and they could face a fixture pile up

Barnsley beat Palace tonight and are now up to 8th (ahead of us). Where have they come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69