The even newer Things Pissing You Off thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's utter madness. Apparently there was a line out of the door of a gun shop in Tucson today, people panic buying firearms! ****'s sake...

It's absolutely mental. They live in fear of invaders shooting them so they buy guns to shoot invaders.

They are 50 times more likely to get shot with the gun they brought into their own house than a gun any invader brings in.

Their dogged belief in the right to own killing mechanisms is truly one of the things about American society that makes absolutely no sense.

As they say in the song 'Guns don't kill people...' etc.

In Switzerland (weird country, they don't act like normal people) a high percentage of the population have guns but the violent crime rate, using guns, is very low.

As they say in the song 'Guns don't kill people...' etc.

That's a fallacy. Guns are specifically designed to be used to kill people

In Switzerland (weird country, they don't act like normal people) a high percentage of the population have guns but the violent crime rate, using guns, is very low.

That's because Switzerland has a tiny standing army and has compulsory military service for all male adults, requiring them to keep and maintain their weapon at their home. It has no bearing on the situation in the US.

You said people.

What do you think the aim is of the people who buy them to defend themselves? I'm sure I read that it has been proven before somewhere that if you go out with a knife or other weapons. you are more likely to end up in a situation where you use it; I'd expect the same to be true of guns in thwarted house. If you have one, you expect to need to use it so you'll be on edge and any poor ****er who you think is a threat to your property is at risk.

What do you think the aim is of the people who buy them to defend themselves? I'm sure I read that it has been proven before somewhere that if you go out with a knife or other weapons. you are more likely to end up in a situation where you use it; I'd expect the same to be true of guns in thwarted house. If you have one, you expect to need to use it so you'll be on edge and any poor ****er who you think is a threat to your property is at risk.

That wasn't what was said. We were talking about guns in general.

Fair enough, but the majority of gun control issues seem to surround hand guns and semi-automatics which are primarily bought to kill humans.

The NRA will tell you that assault rifles are great for target shooting and hunting, they'll probably also tell you that the moon is made of cheese.

The NRA will tell you that assault rifles are great for target shooting and hunting, they'll probably also tell you that the moon is made of cheese.

The NRA is nothing more than a lobby group for weapons manufacturers. Their primary objective is to create hysteria to frighten Yanks into buying more and more firearms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00