Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2021 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we saw yesterday why BR would be interested in a player like Soumaré; he wants a ball winner further up the pitch. He had Ndidi high in the press, on Jourghino, to try and stifle the out ball from deep. This is fine but leaves a hole in front of our defense, leaves us exposed... and we've seen what happens time and again this season.

Conte (I think) did this with Kantéa few years back when he arrived at Chelsea - much to general puzzlement. Kanté now operatives effectively as a creative snaffler/destroyer.

You have 2 ball winners on the field; one defensive, one further up. I reckon BR would use Ndidi as the defensive one and A.N. Other (Sourmaré for example) on a high press.

I think we saw yesterday why BR would be interested in a player like Soumaré; he wants a ball winner further up the pitch. He had Ndidi high in the press, on Jourghino, to try and stifle the out ball from deep. This is fine but leaves a hole in front of our defense, leaves us exposed... and we've seen what happens time and again this season.

Conte (I think) did this with Kantéa few years back when he arrived at Chelsea - much to general puzzlement. Kanté now operatives effectively as a creative snaffler/destroyer.

You have 2 ball winners on the field; one defensive, one further up. I reckon BR would use Ndidi as the defensive one and A.N. Other (Sourmaré for example) on a high press.
I agree with what you are saying. Hypothetically therefore, if we had all of our current players available plus Soumare, then what would be your preferred starting 11?

I'm not particularly keen on Bertrand but my hope is that JJ will be back and first choice, with Luke Thomas as primary cover. In my mind, ideally the new LB will be an older player to them develop and to add some experience in the dressing room (and to not cost too much, saving the cash for a winger and / or striker)

I'm not particularly keen on Bertrand but my hope is that JJ will be back and first choice, with Luke Thomas as primary cover. In my mind, ideally the new LB will be an older player to them develop and to add some experience in the dressing room (and to not cost too much, saving the cash for a winger and / or striker)

I think if we get Bertrand on a free, I assume it would be to add experienced cover to our existing options. Maybe while Thomas goes on loan.

And replaces Fuchs

I agree with what you are saying. Hypothetically therefore, if we had all of our current players available plus Soumare, then what would be your preferred starting 11?
It's a very good question. I'd have to mess around on a scrap of paper, scribbling different line ups and shapes. But I would say, straight off the bat, that you're not playing 2 strikers; either Vardy or Nacho makes way.

As an aside, I feel Nacho's incredible form of late has been been a somewhat unforeseen blessing. What started as 'make do' became a successful established lineup. I guess what I'm saying is both luck and trial-and-error play a part in finding a team that works.

I would imagine the only reason for signing Bertrand would be to have squad depth in a position we don't have much competition in.
Also he would be a free signing so would allow funds to be spent elsewhere, like a right winger and striker, possibly another CB

"It's emotional for Top and his family because they have built this club towards glory after winning the Premier League, and now to win the FA Cup is amazing," said match-winner Tielemans.

"We will give everything for this club and for those men that built this club and built this history and legacy."
Unless that's a miscommunication or I'm too hungover to function, it sounds like youri is committed to Leicester for the moment!

Our choice of left back may hinge on Champions League qualification. If we miss out then Bertrand provides cheap cover, saving money for other signings, if we qualify then we have the money for someone better .

Sure Ryan Bertrand will want to go to a bigger and better club, such as Reading

Can we just not with him, please? We need to be aiming higher than a defender involved in two separate 0-9 twattings.
Didn’t really have time to be involved in the first one did he?

Assuming Soumare is in, City priorities:

1. A winger that actually is what we hoped Under would be (Perreira would be perfect)

2. Another option up front to rest Vards (likely to be Edourd)

3. A left footed left back (Gosens would be amazing, more likely Bertrand)

4. A central defender for cover

Expect some outgoing:

1. Wes
2. Fuchs
3. James
4. Jakupovic
5. Under
6. Choudhury
7. Benkovic
8. Amartey(possibly)

I could see Praet or Mendy moving too. But I’d sooner they didn’t.

And then there are the contracts: Tielemans, Soyuncu, Ricardo all need sorting. Albrighton too.

I actually think an experienced CB is critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566