Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It’s very late in the window but our recruitment team have done a great job over many months finding players. If we can press the button on one or two, we will do that.”

This sounds positive doesn't it.

Sounds considered - like if players that were on our list can still be brought in then we will. But not last minute finding anyone to gap fill.

Let's hope that's right.

But we're in limbo until Fofana deal is complete.

I wonder if there is a chance that Fofana could fail the medical.

This sounds positive doesn't it.

Sounds considered - like if players that were on our list can still be brought in then we will. But not last minute finding anyone to gap fill.

Let's hope that's right.

But we're in limbo until Fofana deal is complete.
He also picked up some magic beans from a helpful travelling salesman, and we're waiting to see how that move progresses

I wonder if there is a chance that Fofana could fail the medical.

I think some are hoping that happens or think it would be funny if it did.

I think it would be a disaster.

We'd be left with an unhappy player, who would still want away in January or next summer, and whose value would likely be heavily reduced.

I do think he'd pull himself together enough to play, realising the value to his own career, but not sure it would be to the same standard and he would still want to go when he could, so we'd have this disruption again in every window until he goes.

We need to just get it done and bring the right players in if we can still get some of our longer term targets in time.

Maybe Chelsea will find ‘something’ in the medical and we’ll end up dropping the price.

Villa were linked with him last week so sounds like he could be available.

They've spent loads of others with fancier names now so they are going back to the proper West Ham way - spend shit loads of cash on shite and go down.

Dawson would be a good signing imo and it would be 2 less goals we consider this year too!

I’m not sure we should be signing someone who can defend, seems rather gauche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00