Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fofana saw Thomas Tuchel completely lose his shit today – I wonder if he thinks moving to Chelsea will give him the sort of manager he might enjoy working with?
I’d want to work for a passionate manager like that. It stirs up more emotions than someone calmly writing on a notepad.

Whether Chelsea are a horrible club or not, I don’t necessarily think they are but whatever, they got screwed today. There were blatant fouls in the lead up to both Spurs goals. How can the Spurs player pull Cucurella to the ground by his hair and it not be a foul and at least a booking. Equally obvious foul before the first goal and Richarlison was offside. How was he not interfering when the shot went right by him thus clearly impacting the keeper. I know it was a long time ago but I still think of the two goals we had disallowed at Brighton when other teams and players get away with the same thing.

It's not just them. I had 5live on earlier today and they were banging on about Forest's glory days but said sweet **** all about last season or even who the manager is now. I don't mind fans banging on about the past much as I'll do the same when we totally go to shit. but from the way the pundits go on you'd think they were ousted from the league unfairly and not as a result of being shit at the time.
Forest are the new Leeds. However did the Premier League survive without both of them. I don’t have the local rivalry thing with Forest having grown up in London. But it’s why I wanted Leeds to get relegated last season and Huddersfiekd to win the play-off final. The ****ing media bollox around both clubs is insufferable.

Just seen that Fore$t have signed Dennis and are about to sign Aouar. Both are top players with the former having a strong first Premier League season.

I still can't comprehend how we've managed to not sign anyone of note. Kasper has left. Now surely some wages have freed up and we had a plan to pounce on someone?

Have I missed something? Genuinely asking. Why the **** weren't we in for someone like Dennis? How is it that our disgusting local rivals have got some good players in yet we cannot move on anyone except a third choice goalie?

Am I overreacting? We have some top players still and I think we'll stay up etc., but this is bizarre.

Why the **** weren't we in for someone like Dennis? How is it that our disgusting local rivals have got some good players in yet we cannot move on anyone except a third choice goalie?

Am I overreacting?
Yes, you're overreacting.

1) We're all frustrated that we haven't signed any players.

2) Dennis is not the answer.

Dennis is exactly the sort of signing we should be avoiding. ~£20 million for a squad player.

Last season Dennis scored a PL goal every 258 mins. This is worse than Daka (232 mins) but better than Nacho (316 mins) ignoring any other factors. He makes our first XI no better at all.

Why would we waste transfer fees and wages on another Daka/Nacho/Perez?

I’d want to work for a passionate manager like that. It stirs up more emotions than someone calmly writing on a notepad.

Whether Chelsea are a horrible club or not, I don’t necessarily think they are but whatever, they got screwed today. There were blatant fouls in the lead up to both Spurs goals. How can the Spurs player pull Cucurella to the ground by his hair and it not be a foul and at least a booking. Equally obvious foul before the first goal and Richarlison was offside. How was he not interfering when the shot went right by him thus clearly impacting the keeper. I know it was a long time ago but I still think of the two goals we had disallowed at Brighton when other teams and players get away with the same thing.

The Cucurella incident was looked at, but deemed not a red card. VAR can not be used retrospectively for yellow card decisions. As for the first foul, from different angles it looked a foul and like the player got the ball. So no obvious error.

The offside did look like interference, so not sure why this wasn’t given. The only thing I would say is Mendy did not seem to appeal for anything, so maybe he did have a clear view?

As for BR running down the sideline, some on here would criticise him regardless of what he did.

We’ve had some of the most consistent league positions ever, he’s got one of the best win ratios ever, and has won two trophies for us…

Just to add when Fofana came back last season and scored in Europe the first person he ran to was BR if I’m not mistaken? Seems like he appreciates him if some on here don’t.

Last edited:
Just seen that Fore$t have signed Dennis and are about to sign Aouar. Both are top players with the former having a strong first Premier League season.

I still can't comprehend how we've managed to not sign anyone of note. Kasper has left. Now surely some wages have freed up and we had a plan to pounce on someone?

Have I missed something? Genuinely asking. Why the **** weren't we in for someone like Dennis? How is it that our disgusting local rivals have got some good players in yet we cannot move on anyone except a third choice goalie?

Am I overreacting? We have some top players still and I think we'll stay up etc., but this is bizarre.
Dennis scored one goal in his last 12 matches. He was ****ing awful.

And saw his arse halfway through the season over not going to AFCON. Lookman would have been a better signing and that’s saying something.

We need to sign proper wide players if we sign any forwards.

No more of this playing players like Perez and Nacho on the right expecting them to play like Barnes does.

Dennis would be the same and as others have said, no better than what we have.

Doesn't mean it isn't a great signing for Forest though.

Dennis scored 10 goals and got 6 assists in his last 35 Premier League matches.
At a club that had three different managers in a season.
And got relegated having only scored 34 goals in total all season.

We need to sign proper wide players if we sign any forwards.

No more of this playing players like Perez and Nacho on the right expecting them to play like Barnes does.

Dennis would be the same and as others have said, no better than what we have.

Doesn't mean it isn't a great signing for Forest though.
Purely based on stats, I'd disagree. Of course we all know there's more to player analysis than just stats, but they are important. From what I've seen, he's an improvement on Perez and Lookman.

Dennis scored 10 goals and got 6 assists in his last 35 Premier League matches.
At a club that had three different managers in a season.
And got relegated having only scored 34 goals in total all season.
He was terrible most of the time. Most Watford fans aren’t exactly upset about losing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566