The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Bullshit

We were already failing ffp when we signed Cannon. A player who more or less already had a broken back when we signed him.

He didn't fit in with the system of the apparent long term project Enzo was supposedly building.

Just rubbish.

This doesn't even include us signing Vesty under a manager who had no intention of using him.

And let's add Soumare into the mix for stupid money.

Disjointed, unplanned nonsense

Vestergaard I agree was disjointed. But he was a panic buy and we all knew that. Still a transfer with a purpose.

Soumare again is harsh on the club. He won Ligue 1 with the season of his life and we signed a 22 year old for 17m in a position that needed strengthening in depth. I don’t totally blame Leicester that he was total dogshit in his first season in the prem, which many players struggle to transition.

Judging Cannon already, in a season we had success… get a grip

Vestergaard I agree was disjointed. But he was a panic buy and we all knew that. Still a transfer with a purpose.

Soumare again is harsh on the club. He won Ligue 1 with the season of his life and we signed a 22 year old for 17m in a position that needed strengthening in depth. I don’t totally blame Leicester that he was total dogshit in his first season in the prem, which many players struggle to transition.

Judging Cannon already, in a season we had success… get a grip
I'm not judging cannon.

I'm judging the fact that non of our transfers show joined up thinking.

There is no strategy or plan.

The manager we've just appointed also shows this. A complete departure from Enzo.

It's piecemeal bollocks.

The agents of players we've been linked with can even see that we have no project with any merit in place.

I'm not judging cannon.

I'm judging the fact that non of our transfers show joined up thinking.

There is no strategy or plan.

The manager we've just appointed also shows this. A complete departure from Enzo.

It's piecemeal bollocks.

The agents of players we've been linked with can even see that we have no project with any merit in place.
But it’s clear as day that we need a striker? Cannon is a fairly low risk solution. How is there no plan?

And perhaps Top, like me, is fearful of play from the back keep ball football with no plan b in the prem. Besides, who would you have appointed to continue Enzo ball? Is that even possible.

As for the agents, I’ll have to presume you have more contacts than me. All I’ve seen so far is that a player prefers Rome to the Midlands.

Erm.... You know when you guess, it's not real, right?
I think Lako might be referencing the quote in here, from Soule’s agent:

“He does have a dream of playing in the Premier League, as more or less everyone does now, but not going to any old club. He didn’t want to join a team that has no sporting project.”

this quote from the same article…

“When the call from Roma arrived, he told me to do everything I could to make it happen. He didn’t want to even listen to any other proposal.“

Suggests that the sporting project bit is bollocks.

That being said it’s the mercury, so I thought we all knew better to take any credibility from it.

this quote from the same article…

“When the call from Roma arrived, he told me to do everything I could to make it happen. He didn’t want to even listen to any other proposal.“

Suggests that the sporting project bit is bollocks.

That being said it’s the mercury, so I thought we all knew better to take any credibility from it.
You have put me right at ease.

Everything is great. The club has a consistent strategy that everyone is working towards and we definitely have a plan regarding player recruitment that will help to execute this strategy.

Not sure why I had any concerns to begin with

Everything is great. The club has a consistent strategy that everyone is working towards and we definitely have a plan regarding player recruitment that will help to execute this strategy.

Fantastic. I knew the debate society all those years ago would be useful.

Hopefully you can enjoy the season now.

Great fan strategy too. Everything’s in hand

The truth of all of this is that we simply don’t know what is going on behind the scenes. We don’t know who we have approached, and we don’t know who has knocked us back. We don’t know what impact the impending points deduction will have, we don’t know how many prospective recruits have been turned off by this.

It is a stretch though to suggest there is no plan at all or that people within the club are doing nothing at all. I can’t imagine they are sitting around playing solitaire.

We gambled with Rodgers and it didn’t pay off. This is the bit where we take our medicine.

All you did was point out something from an article that didn’t disprove, or even accidentally bump into, the point you were attempting to tackle, so you achieved nothing.
How does the agent stating that he didn’t want to hear from any other clubs after he heard of Roma’s interest, not conflict with the point that he didn’t join Leicester because of our sporting project? I don’t think it’s totally irrelevant.

And I am aware I achieved nothing, I’ve been a member on this forum long enough to know that, and I wasn’t really trying to change Lako or anyone’s mental state.

The truth of all of this is that we simply don’t know what is going on behind the scenes. We don’t know who we have approached, and we don’t know who has knocked us back. We don’t know what impact the impending points deduction will have, we don’t know how many prospective recruits have been turned off by this.

It is a stretch though to suggest there is no plan at all or that people within the club are doing nothing at all. I can’t imagine they are sitting around playing solitaire.

We gambled with Rodgers and it didn’t pay off. This is the bit where we take our medicine.
We won the FA Cup so the gamble paid off big time for me. Since I started following LCFC ever since being old enough in the 1950's it's all I ever wanted.
I know plenty of fans of similar vintage feel the same.

We won the FA Cup so the gamble paid off big time for me. Since I started following LCFC ever since being old enough in the 1950's it's all I ever wanted.
I know plenty of fans of similar vintage feel the same.
Agreed. When the dust settles our appointments from NP onwards have all been successful bar the Terry trilogy.

Look at other teams of a similar size and none of them can replicate the success we have had since 2014.

How does the agent stating that he didn’t want to hear from any other clubs after he heard of Roma’s interest, not conflict with the point that he didn’t join Leicester because of our sporting project? I don’t think it’s totally irrelevant.
I think if it had been Roma or, say, Arsenal, he might have said something different. Maybe even Manyoo’s Project Survival would have appealed if they’d offered him 400 grand a week.
And I am aware I achieved nothing, I’ve been a member on this forum long enough to know that, and I wasn’t really trying to change Lako or anyone’s mental state.
I think we should all try to help improve Lako’s mental state, he’s a proper miserable ****

I think if it had been Roma or, say, Arsenal, he might have said something different. Maybe even Manyoo’s Project Survival would have appealed if they’d offered him 400 grand a week.

I think we should all try to help improve Lako’s mental state, he’s a proper miserable ****

Kind of backs up my point that the agent chat is bollocks, and our recruitment can’t really be blamed.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45