The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Soutter at Sheffield Utd for a medical today ahead of a loan move.

Soutter at Sheffield Utd for a medical today ahead of a loan move.
He will do very well there. He's a good defender in the right setup and he could have played a part for us this season in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how he performs at Sheffield United.

He will do very well there. He's a good defender in the right setup and he could have played a part for us this season in my opinion. It will be interesting to see how he performs at Sheffield United.
Yeah, joined the club at absolutely the wrong time.

Short career for footballers (not called Danny Ward). I imagine he’s desperate to play regularly.

Short career for footballers (not called Danny Ward). I imagine he’s desperate to play regularly.
An absolute panic signing of the highest order. We needed a Robert Huth [note: he came on loan first] type character (assuming the Cags relationship was genuinely beyond repair at this point), but instead spunked £15m on someone who couldn't make it into our team in the Championship.

He just highlights the disjointed way we are being operated atm.

Same as Cannon.

It's just random nonsense

He just highlights the disjointed way we are being operated atm.

Same as Cannon.

It's just random nonsense
And Kristiansen.
Just totallly wibble.

Massively different signings for different reasons.

Kristiansen a very exciting young left back who has already performed at the highest level. Has bags of ability and was part of a long term project. Obviously took a change of direction as a young international footballer was suddenly with a new manager system that didn’t suit him, in a league that wouldn’t get him selected internationally. I still love this signing from the club. Cannon, another long term prospect, hampered by injuries but with obvious talent.

to say it’s random is so far off also.

We needed a Chilwell replacement and we need a Vardy replacement. It’s targeted and I’m still hopeful both will come good.

An absolute panic signing of the highest order. We needed a Robert Huth [note: he came on loan first] type character (assuming the Cags relationship was genuinely beyond repair at this point), but instead spunked £15m on someone who couldn't make it into our team in the Championship.
It wasn't really a 'panic buy' was it. We really needed a CB and he'd been absolutely fantastic for Stoke. He was/is a solid, strong CB who, in the right setup will do very well. He could have done a good job for us if Rodgers had been bothered to use him correctly but he chose to use Amartey instead so he could earn his sacking quicker. He didn't fit into Enzo's plans because we already had that kind of defender in Vestegaard who gave a great account of himself. I think we could have used him last season when we were going through a tough patch to be fair and we should definitely have used him better in our relegation season but we didn't and he has to go out on loan now if he wants regular football. It was a perfectly reasonable and understandable signing but it just didn't pan out as it might have.

Just totallly wibble.

Kristiansen a very exciting young left back who has already performed at the highest level. Has bags of ability and was part of a long term project. Obviously took a change of direction as a young international footballer was suddenly with a new manager system that didn’t suit him, in a league that wouldn’t get him selected internationally. I still love this signing from the club. Cannon, another long term prospect, hampered by injuries but with obvious talent.

We needed a Chilwell replacement and we need a Vardy replacement. It’s targeted and I’m still hopeful both will come good.
Honestly, I don’t think Kristiansen fitted the system when he was bought in, to be fair. That’s not to knock him as a player, but I don’t think his skill set looked like a fit under Rodgers, when he arrived. I don’t doubt that he’s highly rated, or that he’s done well elsewhere, or that he may do well for us under a different manager, but I do think it wasn’t a great fit when he came in, which is why I think it was a bit random. Hopefully this changes going forwards, as you say.

i thought he produced a lot more energy down the left under BR, but he ousted Madders mate

Just totallly wibble.

Bullshit

We were already failing ffp when we signed Cannon. A player who more or less already had a broken back when we signed him.

He didn't fit in with the system of the apparent long term project Enzo was supposedly building.

Just rubbish.

This doesn't even include us signing Vesty under a manager who had no intention of using him.

And let's add Soumare into the mix for stupid money.

Disjointed, unplanned nonsense

Cannon increasingly doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's early days I suppose.

Souttar was not a good signing for our system.

Kristiansen, I can see some logic in. We needed a left back and I think there's a player in there. Suspect he will go on to decent things.

We were already failing ffp when we signed Cannon. A player who more or less already had a broken back when we signed him.
You make it sound like Bane murdered him. He had a hairline stress fracture which happens. It healed. He was bought as a prospect and he has shown signs there is something there. Let’s see.

You make it sound like Bane murdered him. He had a hairline stress fracture which happens. It healed. He was bought as a prospect and he has shown signs there is something there. Let’s see.

Spunking £7m on a prospect with a back injury seems a bit silly when you are borderline failing ffp regs.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45