The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Not sure I even agree we should be loaning him out at the moment, let alone looking to sell him.

Either Maresca nor Cooper have rated him at all, and i suppose that’s quite telling

Wasn’t given a proper chance by either of them, which is a bit shitty really

Either Maresca nor Cooper have rated him at all, and i suppose that’s quite telling

Wasn’t given a proper chance by either of them, which is a bit shitty really
Neither either nor or

There was always something very dodgy about the Cannon deal.

We never needed him. He never seemed the right sort of forward for us. We never had the money for him. We signed him despite him having a broken back in his medical. Maresca never showed the slighest inclination to use him.

Just another mad random player we've wasted time and money on.

I can only think, that, if we are willing to sell Cannon, it's because we are confident of bringing in a better striker. As has been said, Cannon didn't get a fair chance here so, may be better for both sides that he goes somewhere where he will be appreciated.

Let's hope someone will give us a load of dosh and we can get in an upgrade....

I've had more or less the same opinion on Faes since he arrived. He's not awful. He's not all that good either. If he leaves I'll have forgotten he was ever here within a week.
If we can get a decent wedge & spend it on someone slightly better with possibly some change left over, all well & good.

Also, unusually, I'm not that bothered about the problem of bringing in someone new in such a key position when we need stability. Mostly because :

A) We're still developing a system under a new regime, so it doesn't matter so much.

B) He's never given the impression of knowing what the **** he's supposed to be doing anyway.

Go. Stay. I couldn't give a shit really.

But, but, but Feas is our (joint) leading goal-scorer this season.

Faes kicking off because he's unhappy about being on the left of defence is hilarious, if true.

He's absolute pony and should realise how incredibly lucky he is to be in a Premier League side - again - and stay quiet. Okoli surely has to be better...

It really does seem a while since we've had anyone of the calibre of a Fofana, Maguire or Soyuncu. We really could do with someone like that now.

Faes kicking off because he's unhappy about being on the left of defence is hilarious, if true.

He's absolute pony and should realise how incredibly lucky he is to be in a Premier League side - again - and stay quiet. Okoli surely has to be better...
I don't believe a word of that report. Completely at odds with his post match interview.

'The ruthlessness of the Premier League was on full show in the capital, Faes believes, though the narrow reverse did provide some good opportunities to learn before moving on to a busy week of fixtures, starting with Tranmere Rovers in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday evening.'

“It’s a tough one to take,” he admitted following full-time in west London. “I think we were in the game for the 90 minutes so it’s a bitter one. I think you see the quality that there is and one or two mistakes means you get a goal against. We have to raise those little moments and then when we get our chances as well, take them.

“In the end, there’s some positives but we have to get the three points as soon as possible, starting next week. We go again on Saturday. We have to look back and see what we did well and what we didn’t do well.

“Then obviously the coach will speak to us about it and we will take that into training and improve. It’s all about the dynamics that he (Steve Cooper) puts into it. He gives me a lot of responsibility, which I like, so I hope to keep playing a lot and play all season.

“Of course, we now have to focus on the cup first. We have a good game at home again to get some momentum going into the weekend to maybe get the first win in the Premier League as well.”

The centre-back explained: “We do work a lot on set pieces because we know it’s an important part of the game. It’s good to get a goal out of it. That proves that the work has paid off. Obviously, we targeted the second zone in this game and luckily it counted.

“There’s a guy who really takes care of the set pieces so it’s very specific in an attacking and defensive way because it’s a big part of the game in the Premier League which can make us win games, but also lose games, so we really have to keep paying attention to that aspect of the game.”

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45