The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

I don't believe a word of that report. Completely at odds with his post match interview.

The guy who has posted that (Tavolieri) knows everything going on with Belgian players. He was very reliable about Tielemans and Castagne departures for example.

Faes wanted out last summer but his stock was so low that nobody wanted him. He's now a regular for Belgium and got promoted with us so if we are going to be able to move him on for the sort of money we paid for him, it's now or never.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what players say in the media. It rarely reflects their actual views.

The guy who has posted that (Tavolieri) knows everything going on with Belgian players. He was very reliable about Tielemans and Castagne departures for example.

Faes wanted out last summer but his stock was so low that nobody wanted him. He's now a regular for Belgium and got promoted with us so if we are going to be able to move him on for the sort of money we paid for him, it's now or never.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what players say in the media. It rarely reflects their actual views.
Have you just contradicted yourself BN?

This is a weird one.
When he has played, he looked like someone who knew where the goal was, but I’m wondering if his body is not up to the rigours of Premier league.
I wish him well, wherever he goes

There was always something very dodgy about the Cannon deal.

We never needed him. He never seemed the right sort of forward for us. We never had the money for him. We signed him despite him having a broken back in his medical. Maresca never showed the slighest inclination to use him.

Just another mad random player we've wasted time and money on.

This was my post in the thread when we signed him:

Fair enough. I find spending a rumoured £6m sort of amount on somebody with a stress fracture in his back a bit of a risk, especially given the tighter financial world we must be living in at the minute. In that way, I find it a bit of an odd signing.

It has always seemed a bit of a strange one, but even more so when we don’t appear to have even given him a chance to succeed.

Well, I like him. I think his movement looks great and he has looked a billionty time ls better than Daka every single time he's had his four minutes on the pitch.

We are in desperate need for another goalscorer but this guy hasn't even had a look in during preseason.... So odd.

It's okay though, we got Ayew in so......

I don't know if it's true or not (like us all), but that sloppy, lackadaisical ****ing back heel, pass that nearly gave a goal away, smacked of someone who doesn't give a shit. If the stories are true, and he wants away, it must be really hard for Cooper to manage the player and call him out for being a ****. I wonder if he'll take a note from the Rodgers handbook of management, whereby if someone looks at you the wrong way, you never play them again, ever, at the expense of the team?

The bloke who brought him in didn’t even play him when we were in the Championship, yet some are wondering why the bloke who didn’t bring him in isn’t playing him in the Premier League. Odd.

I thought he did ok when he was given a chance last season, but at the moment he’s a Championship striker. I’d rather loan him out for the season as we may need him next season if we go down.

Although maybe we need the money after spunking £15m on a centre back who sits on the bench…

The bloke who brought him in didn’t even play him when we were in the Championship, yet some are wondering why the bloke who didn’t bring him in isn’t playing him in the Premier League. Odd.

I thought he did ok when he was given a chance last season, but at the moment he’s a Championship striker. I’d rather loan him out for the season as we may need him next season if we go down.

Although maybe we need the money after spunking £15m on a centre back who sits on the bench…
There is no evidence to suggest that we wasted money on Okoli. After Faes and Vestergaard played all of last season and then both did okay at the Euros, it would have been strange if they hadn’t started the season. It’s been 2 bloody games.

He hasn’t played a single competitive minute for us and you’ve written him off. **** sake!

Now, if you watched Frosinone regularly last season and you’ve followed Okoli’s career since his time in Vicenza’s youth system, then fair enough, you have a basis to judge him.

But no, you’re just being your usual negative self.

There is no evidence to suggest that we wasted money on Okoli. After Faes and Vestergaard played all of last season and then both did okay at the Euros, it would have been strange if they hadn’t started the season. It’s been 2 bloody games.

He hasn’t played a single competitive minute for us and you’ve written him off. **** sake!

Now, if you watched Frosinone regularly last season and you’ve followed Okoli’s career since his time in Vicenza’s youth system, then fair enough, you have a basis to judge him.

But no, you’re just being your usual negative self.
Point missed spectacularly.

I don't know if it's true or not (like us all), but that sloppy, lackadaisical ****ing back heel, pass that nearly gave a goal away, smacked of someone who doesn't give a shit. If the stories are true, and he wants away, it must be really hard for Cooper to manage the player and call him out for being a ****. I wonder if he'll take a note from the Rodgers handbook of management, whereby if someone looks at you the wrong way, you never play them again, ever, at the expense of the team?
To me it smacked of a mistake. These things happen to every player. He may want away, he may not. But nothing in his last two performances have indicted that he isn’t giving his all.

Horrific move, imo, if this is true.

They don't play football up there and he'll just get kicked to shreds by a load of cloggers, probably losing most weeks.

Surely a championship or league 1 loan move would have been better?

Maybe thats why its a good move - he's relatively light and needs to learn to take and give a tackle.

I was going to say the same. For a defensive midfielder to go and play in a more physical league is probably good experience.

Then he can make the step up to a loan to a League One or Championship team next season.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45