The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Google translated:

Genk and Leicester are moving towards each other. Limburgers made a counter offer of 27 million euros (6 million of which in bonus) and 10 percent on added value on resale

We badly need someone creative further up the pitch?
Well, it's pretty pointless if you haven't got anyone to finish off the move. Looking at his stats and the fact he's spent his career to date playing at a pretty low level, I'd say spending this amount of cash on him is, well, risky at best.

He could be great, who knows, I'm just getting a little uncomfortable at us spending nearly ninety million quid (if this goes ahead and the figures are right) so far without having signed a much needed goalscorer.

⚪️ UPDATE El Khannouss: RC Genk and Leicester approach agreement on amount of over 25 million euros (incl. realistic bonuses) and 15% added value resale. Would mean club record. Not completely done yet, but now story of details. @hlnsport

Me neither. It makes little sense.

We only have one attacking midfielder. So I can see why we're adding another. But seems a little odd to be spending so much on it.

Buonanatte is only on loan, so maybe we think this guy is better.

We only have one attacking midfielder. So I can see why we're adding another. But seems a little odd to be spending so much on it.

Buonanatte is only on loan, so maybe we think this guy is better.
It's all about priorities for me. I just don't see this position as a high one.

It's all about priorities for me. I just don't see this position as a high one.

I agree to some level. Striker is priority.

But you get the deals done as you can, particularly at this stage of the window. And you'd hope we're capable of doing both simultaneously.

The word was we wanted to add another attacking mid and a striker - so seems this is one part of that ticked off.

Cooper clearly likes a big squad...

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46