The stability argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus…don’t be so melodramatic. “The worst this club has ever been” – Do you remember the Pleat era? Or ever closer when Leavin almost took us down. 4 games ago we beat Crystal Palace who were on a 15 game unbeaten run.

You seemed to suggest a new manager coming in will change things for the better. I don't believe it would. Mainly because no decent manager in their right mind would come here, and secondly he’s still got the same players who haven’t performed all season to work with.

If I was saying a manager would improve things I'd take your point, but I'm not, I'm just saying the overwhelming evidence seems to suggest that it might. And that, on what we've seen over the 17 games so far, in conjunction with Holloway's record, there's no reason to believe we're better off staying with him than bringing in Royle or Davies or Dowie tomorrow.

He's the first manager we've had this year who has genuinely done a bad job. Okay, difficult circumstances yes, but 17 games is a huge bulk of the season and seven new players is a helluva lot.

And yes, I remember Levein, and the Pleat era. We sacked them too - and stayed up. And Pleat's side could score goals, lots of, so much so that Brian Little turned the entire club around with almost exactly the same set of players.

Anyone got the stats to back this up?

If you looked at his last three games in chgrge, in complete isolation from anything else ever, then his record shows that he has failed to achieve a single point

I doubt if there is a manager with a worse record than that........

Saturday evening might well be the time Ollie gets pushed
especially if we lose, his mannerisms at the last two matches leave me to suspect he's had an ultimatum.

I also believe Norwich might be his downfall, if we play crap and lose.

MM will have had a word by now, given the seriousness of the situation.

If you looked at his last three games in chgrge, in complete isolation from anything else ever, then his record shows that he has failed to achieve a single point

I doubt if there is a manager with a worse record than that........

This is also the second time hes lost 3 in a row.........

If I was saying a manager would improve things I'd take your point, but I'm not, I'm just saying the overwhelming evidence seems to suggest that it might. And that, on what we've seen over the 17 games so far, in conjunction with Holloway's record, there's no reason to believe we're better off staying with him than bringing in Royle or Davies or Dowie tomorrow.

He's the first manager we've had this year who has genuinely done a bad job. Okay, difficult circumstances yes, but 17 games is a huge bulk of the season and seven new players is a helluva lot.

I don't believe that there is any 'overwhelming evidence' to suggest that changing the manager now will bring about an up turn in fortunes.

No chance - far too early

Only last week the gumbies were all wearing those 'hilarious' Ollie masks and chanting his name throughout the game (as, indeed, I believe they were last night)

He would have to lose another three/four on the trot at least to be in any danger whatsoever, IMO - and even then Mad Mandy would have to have somebody ready and willing to step in

Wonder how many more times we will need to have this depressing debate before we give a manager some time.

Too many times already this season, im ****ing bored, 50% because of the team and 50% because of the single brain cell sharing city fans.

Ill leave you all to enjoy this wonderfully new concept in Leicester City debate.

From the Guardian,

Mandaric's growing unease is understandable. "I don't think he'll be happy," Holloway admitted. "I had a chat with him yesterday and that's now three defeats in a row. It's not good, is it?" It certainly wasn't last night.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,2256031,00.html

Wonder how many more times we will need to have this depressing debate before we give a manager some time.

Too many times already this season, im ****ing bored, 50% because of the team and 50% because of the single brain cell sharing city fans.

Ill leave you all to enjoy this wonderfully new concept in Leicester City debate.

Great contribution....Do you want to borrow that brain cell?

Great contribution....Do you want to borrow that brain cell?

Yes please, id then proceed to smoke copius amounts on cigarettes in a bid to kill it, thus shutting the ****ers up.

No chance - far too early

Only last week the gumbies were all wearing those 'hilarious' Ollie masks and chanting his name throughout the game (as, indeed, I believe they were last night)

He would have to lose another three/four on the trot at least to be in any danger whatsoever, IMO - and even then Mad Mandy would have to have somebody ready and willing to step in

I did say 'might', and im still in agreement that 5/6 games left will be more likely(if things cont.....)

But im not discounting Milans actions if sat is a disaster.

Agreed

From the Guardian,

Mandaric's growing unease is understandable. "I don't think he'll be happy," Holloway admitted. "I had a chat with him yesterday and that's now three defeats in a row. It's not good, is it?" It certainly wasn't last night.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,2256031,00.html

Not seen that report, thanks.

What was that bit about the 'bobbly' pitch. Hope Norwich dont score first and shut up shop on our field.

Also, watching on ssn last night you could hear the City faithful shouting 'off off off' when their player pulled clem back. While in the dugout Ollie is saying ' keep him on, it will upset the ethos of the game'.

Very strange.

Hurray, someone else that's as fed up with the swings of mood towards our managers and players. Wake me up when Holloways been here a year or when we get relegated. I'll make an opinion once one of these milestones as been passed.

You don't have to suffer bipolar disorder to support this club, but if we beat Norwich, we'll get promoted through the playoffs. If we lose then we're relegated for certain. Mystic Meg, help us please.

And to say it'd be suicidal to change manager when we're as lifeless and inept as we are now - the worst this club has ever been - is like saying that a terminally ill patient shouldn't try a dangerous but revolutionary new treatment. As things stand, on Holloway's form to date, we'll be spectacularly relegated.

Either he changes things drastically in every aspect of how he works, or he will have to be changed.

To change manager now would be like saying that a terminally ill patient is going to die anyway so we might as well put them out of their misery now, because if we do get rid we're almost guaranteed relegation.

I'm not really sure how influencial stability or otherwise is, or how much responsabilty Ollie can be spared because of it, but having seen what we have achieved by keep changing managers, I am of the opinion that we should certainly give this stability thing a go.

Its all well and good to try and gain some stability to the squad but surely we need to been seen as making progress. Whilst i Dont think anything will be gained from sacking Ollie something has to be done to get us out off the dire state that we are in now.
If MM has to put his hand in his pocket to pay for some decent loan signings then he should do it as life in league one is looming and IMO its only downhill from there.

Surely we must be close to our limit of loan signings for the season?

Though we could do with better players, It is not the lack of quality in the squad that concerns me. Its the players total lack of drive and commitment that worries me. Ok Ollie has inherited a lot of unhappy players, but he has brought in new players and he has now, had enough time to turn the squad into a team that for 90 minutes, give their heart and sole for the Club, manager and fans. But, that is just not happening.

The players know how little they are contributing.
They know how much they are letting Ollie down.
They definatly know what this is doing to the fans.
And thick as they may be, they know that the club is facing relegation.

Yet they just dont seam to care. Why?

Is there anyone that can give me a logical explination? Because I con only think of one reason

A manager with poor man managment skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670