The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the girl who played with fire (millenium 2).

Took long while to get iinto it, but worth it in the end.

About to start the girl who kicked the hornet's nest, about 200 pages longer than the last book!:icon_eek:

Its very good.. I much preferred books 2 & 3 to the first one.

Just finished the girl who played with fire (millenium 2).

Took long while to get iinto it, but worth it in the end.

About to start the girl who kicked the hornet's nest, about 200 pages longer than the last book!:icon_eek:

I've just finished listening to The Girl Who Played With Fire. (I prefer to listen rather than read). I've found both to be brilliant, started the third book straight away.

Book II & III follow on from eachother so I would imagine it was initially going to be one long book. Think yourself lucky they broke it up!

Thoroughly enjoyed 'Atonement'. It's got a massive twist and I can't imagine how the film would do it justice.

Half way through 'Gulliver's Travels' now.

Just finished a book by Andy McNab. Forget the title but it really is a drudge of a read. You have to get through a couple of hundred pages of slow non-tension just to get to one goodish bit.

Straight in the bin. Never again.

I just read an Andy Mcnab novel Zero Hour. It wasn't too bad.
I've read all three Steig Larsson books and I thought they were excellent. I'm not sure i'd like to see any films associated with the books though.

The Steig Larsson books are good, but it is all told through one plot development process. I'm not sure I've explained that right, but it can feel like you're just going through the motions with it. I read all 3 on holiday within a week or so, and they are a little samey. Very good though.

I'm currently reading QI - Book of the Dead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_QI_Book_of_the_Dead

It's a good book. I bought it because it was £1, hardback and looked reasonably interesting. Its quite well written although the groupings of those individuals considered (and grouped by chapter) is often forced, unnatural and gives the book a fairly contrived feeling. Plenty of interesting facts and anecdotes about the dead though. Worth picking up for £1.

The Steig Larsson books are good, but it is all told through one plot development process. I'm not sure I've explained that right, but it can feel like you're just going through the motions with it. I read all 3 on holiday within a week or so, and they are a little samey. Very good though.

Agreed. I took ages to finish off part 3, I just ran out of interest.

I finished off Never Let Me Go on holiday, disappointed after a great start.

Also read Submarine which was excellent and has become one of my favourite books. Very funny and the main character, Oliver Tate is brilliant. He's a selfish shite in a good way. Adrian Mole with tons more bollocks.

Last edited:
Finally finished "girl who kicked the Hornet's nest."

Good read, but glad he never finished 10 of the bastards!

Think i'll watch the films now,.... or maybe later.....

Agreed. I took ages to finish off part 3, I just ran out of interest.

I finished off Never Let Me Go on holiday, disappointed after a great start.

Also read Submarine which was excellent and has become one of my favourite books. Very funny and the main character, Oliver Tate is brilliant. He's a selfish shite in a good way. Adrian Mole with tons more bollocks.

Just finished that. I enjoyed it actually. I know what you mean about it petering out a little.

Reading Zadie Smith 'On Beauty' now.

I bought that 'How to improve your memory' book by Domonic O'Brien years ago, but I keep forgetting to read it.
True story, cool innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670