This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have watched a different match. We did have a lot of possession but did virtually nothing with it. We didn't know what to do with it. I counted on nemerous occassions the midfield players sttod across the centre line of the field passing it back and forth, going absolutely nowhere!

i think we must have done.

granted after they scored we were weren't great. But in the first half particularly i don't think i've seen the midfields get on the ball so offen.

I must have watched a different match. We did have a lot of possession but did virtually nothing with it. We didn't know what to do with it. I counted on nemerous occassions the midfield players sttod across the centre line of the field passing it back and forth, going absolutely nowhere!

Its called keeping possession when the opposition have 10 men behind the ball.

The idea is to keep possession spread the ball across the pitch from left to right and back again moving their players and not giving cheap possession away. Then if you can get one of your wingers 1 on 1 they attack and put crosses in, or if space allows you push the ball forward to the attackers.

Thats what everyone was telling England to do in the WC and not lump it forward. Thats what Leicester did for 60mins and created lots of chances.

Then idiots around me start moaning because we aren't going forward immediately even though 10 men are between the ball and the goal, shout at whoever it is in possession and moan if they pass it sideways or god forbid backwards, so they hit it forward, then the same idiots moan cause we are lumping it forward.

Cause that makes sense.........

Last edited:
Its called keeping possession when the opposition have 10 men behind the ball.

The idea is to keep possession spread the ball across the pitch from left to right and back again moving their players and not giving cheap possession away. Then if you can get one of your wingers 1 on 1 they attack and put crosses in, or if space allows you push the ball forward to the attackers.

Thats what everyone was telling England to do in the WC and not lump it forward. Thats what Leicester did for 60mins and created lots of chances.

Then idiots around me start moaning because we aren't going forward immediately even though 10 men are between the ball and the goal, shout at whoever it is in possession and moan if they pass it sideways or god forbid backwards, so they hit it forward, then the same idiots moan cause we are lumping it forward.

Cause that makes sense.........

So in effect you are implying that I am an idiot?!?!?

I must have also missed the many chances you allude to. Any way you choose to view it, and this is not a slight on you, that was not a good performance last night. It was at best half hearted.

So in effect you are implying that I am an idiot?!?!?

I must have also missed the many chances you allude to. Any way you choose to view it, and this is not a slight on you, that was not a good performance last night. It was at best half hearted.

I'm not calling you an idiot unless you were yelling/moaning/booing/slow clapping at players who kept possession by passing it simply which can and should include backwards, sideways and forwards. Once Johannson got booed and moaned at for passing it back to Kisnorbo when he had nothing on in front of him and 2 of their players closing him down! So the next time he got it he lumped it forward and got booed for that!

And i'll even list the chances missed for you again.

1st 3 corners of the game (Fryatt x 2 and Kisnorbo forced a save)

Porter missed from 6 yards

Hughes missed from 4 yards

Fryatt missed from a near post cross x 2 (one 1st half one 2nd, low crossed for one and O'Grady for another)

Hume forced a save after cutting in but should have done better

McCarthy missed cued from the pen spot under no pressure

Fryatt missed the deflection to him

Fryatt cocked up a through ball by Johnson

O'Grady cocked up a free header from a free kick

McCarthy forced a great save from a corner

Plus some others probably but thats 13 off the top of my head, 7 of which should have been scored.

Last edited:
I'm not calling you an idiot unless you were yelling/moaning/booing/slow clapping at players who kept possession by passing it simply which can and should include backwards, sideways and forwards. Once Johannson got booed and moaned at for passing it back to Kisnorbo when he had nothing on in front of him and 2 of their players closing him down! So the next time he got it he lumped it forward and got booed for that!

Agree 100%

I'm sick of people who shout for the players to hoof the ball forward at every opportunity, then moan because we're not creative. Long balls don't work against teams defending deep, you have to move the ball around to create some space, you can't do that if you just hoof it forward.

What did you make of it last night Jeff?

I thought our overall play was an improvement, we created plenty of chances and should have had the game won by half time.
Our finishing was awful, but we know Hume and Fryatt are capable of scoring goals, it probably just needs a spark to get them going, so if we continue to create the chances we'll win more than we lose.
What worries me is that Hull are a very poor side, and with our midfield we may not be able to create the chances against better teams.

I thought our overall play was an improvement, we created plenty of chances and should have had the game won by half time.
Our finishing was awful, but we know Hume and Fryatt are capable of scoring goals, it probably just needs a spark to get them going, so if we continue to create the chances we'll win more than we lose.
What worries me is that Hull are a very poor side, and with our midfield we may not be able to create the chances against better teams.

Succintly sums up my 20 posts today. I need to cut out waffle...

Thanks for that. I propose a new sticky called 'Jeff's view'.

Agreed but as previously mentioned by someone they need the ball at their feet not their heads more often.

(Thank heavens the half-time entertainment was so exciting :icon_roll )

:023::023::023:

I dont know why the manager is being questioned or people are talking about him being replaced. :102:

The sooner people realise the days under O'Neill are long gone, and were just an average championship side the better.

It's clear to see that someone needs 2 or 3 seasons to build some solid foundations. We have a young new squad which will take time to bond together, and it's about time we gave someone a chance, and stop making silly comments about getting the manager out if we dont improve in the next 3 games. It's horrible when we lose, especially to shit like Hull and Burnley at home, but lets please get behind the manager (he's trying, just like CL was) but our pathetic supporters are too impatient, and for some stupid reason expect instant success.

we were saying this 2 seasons ago, will you be saying the same in 2 seasons time? will we be in league one?

We have no leadership on the pitch, and we have none off it.

The board seem clueless as to how to improve things (asking us how to improve atmosphere), they don't appear capable of making a decision (running votes on whether people want smoking/bands etc). Is this the way a successful business (which is what football is at this level) should be run?

No.

I think the problem stems from the board, if the board has no ambition then it will feed down the stems and the manager will have a low target.

Curbishley would never come without the proper backing in the transfer market he can get better jobs then us. We couldnt even attract newell.

OK build over 2 or 3 seasons but dont get relegated in the process though. I personally have seen no progress recently in fact we are going backwards. Why did we finish strong last season and now we are struggling again?

ok then i will not wach them for 2 or 3 seasons then:confused:

My solution............... give RK 3 games and then break the bank to get Curbishley in. He wont get another premiership job at the moment and he wants back in............

I have feeling that both Leeds and Newcastle will both be searching for managers before long. Imo Curbishley would be wanted by both those clubs if the situation arises.

I think the problem stems from the board, if the board has no ambition then it will feed down the stems and the manager will have a low target.

Curbishley would never come without the proper backing in the transfer market he can get better jobs then us. We couldnt even attract newell.

Newell wanted the job - why would he bother coming for two interviews if he wasn't? Unfortunately the board took the easy/cheap route instead.

boy genius my arse! This sounds like emotional driven reactional rubbish to
me.

yes last night was rubbish. But to call for RK head at this stage of the season is just silly.

I am sorry TommyK ( does the K stand for ****?) but everyone has a different opinion and will always view a game from alternative angles

Maybe next season when we have just past Forest going up, you will remember the start to this season and then realise how deep in the shit we are.
Sunderland are at the moment 2-0 up at Leeds and we are in the bottom 3. That is much quicker than what CL got us there. The writing is on the wall but we do have time to do something about it. I would love RK to shove my words down my throat I really would but the more I see them the more I cannot see how we are going to get out of this mess. The rot has started from the top and is filtering its way down to the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69