This cannot go on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newell wanted the job - why would he bother coming for two interviews if he wasn't? Unfortunately the board took the easy/cheap route instead.

Newell was leaking info to the press....

I have feeling that both Leeds and Newcastle will both be searching for managers before long. Imo Curbishley would be wanted by both those clubs if the situation arises.

No harm in trying to put a pitch for him together though....

Newell wanted the job - why would he bother coming for two interviews if he wasn't? Unfortunately the board took the easy/cheap route instead.

or he found out there was feck all transfer budget and got told the wage budget for this season so turned it down.

what the feck is going on at our board, why interview someone twice and not bother offering the job.

One minute the idea of an interview is to see if you want to employ that person. A second interview does not mean you are being offered the job, its what it says a second interview.....

ok I am confused, so it was because we couldnt attract him then.

It's all speculation, but there could be all sorts of reasons why we didn't appount Newell.
They may have decided Kelly was doing well enough.
They may have been waiting for a decision from Neil Lennon about the player coach role he was offered.
They could have had other managers they wanted to speak to, which we didn't hear about.
Newell may have been using us to get a new contract from Luton - or he may have been trying to attract interest from other clubs.

It's easy to blame the board for not getting Newell in, but when Kelly was told he had the job until the end of the season he had overwhelming support from fans. Hindsight is always easy.

i dont think it was that more like he got a better deal at luton and used us to get it

It's all speculation, but there could be all sorts of reasons why we didn't appount Newell.
They may have decided Kelly was doing well enough.
They may have been waiting for a decision from Neil Lennon about the player coach role he was offered.
They could have had other managers they wanted to speak to, which we didn't hear about.
Newell may have been using us to get a new contract from Luton - or he may have been trying to attract interest from other clubs.

It's easy to blame the board for not getting Newell in, but when Kelly was told he had the job until the end of the season he had overwhelming support from fans. Hindsight is always easy.

like i said IMO to get a better deal at luton being as he is still there :102:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00