Pre Match Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I have. I've been depressed after matches and gone home in foul moods. I've shed tears of despair and anger. I've also realised that it isn't healthy for me and that when I'm going home and my wife is avoiding talking to me because I'm in such a mood about the football, it's time time take stock. I've paid my money for a season ticket but I'll be damned if I'm going to let their performances get me worked up.

I honestly believe the players and manager are giving it everything they have, they are just falling short in some areas. People seem to think I believe Pearson can do no wrong. That's nonsense, I just don't believe he should lose his job for it or be blamed for everything.

That is an excellent post Matt. Part of the joy of football is that we get tense about something that really does not matter. What matters most is health - most often not our own health but the health of family and friends. The tension that comes when people lose their jobs, face repossession or have children getting into trouble is a nasty tension that lasts. The feeling when we are 1-0 down and miss an easy chance is very different.

It is probable that we will go down. We got relegated the year I became a Leicester supporter (1969) and have been promoted and relegated many times since. Those of you with decades of Leicester support ahead will probably see the same "up and down".

Matt's second paragraph fits in with what I have seen. It is lack of quality and not lack of commitment that has been our problem. For me Paul Konchesky has been a weakness but every match I have seen him he has given 100%. Do the critics of Wes Morgan really believe that he has not tried?

I believe we will be relegated. To be relegated from the Premier League is disappointing but not disgraceful. When we were relegated to the 3rd tier in the "season of four managers" that was disgraceful - but then under Mr Pearson we bounced back.

That is an excellent post Matt. Part of the joy of football is that we get tense about something that really does not matter. What matters most is health - most often not our own health but the health of family and friends. The tension that comes when people lose their jobs, face repossession or have children getting into trouble is a nasty tension that lasts. The feeling when we are 1-0 down and miss an easy chance is very different.

It is probable that we will go down. We got relegated the year I became a Leicester supporter (1969) and have been promoted and relegated many times since. Those of you with decades of Leicester support ahead will probably see the same "up and down".

Matt's second paragraph fits in with what I have seen. It is lack of quality and not lack of commitment that has been our problem. For me Paul Konchesky has been a weakness but every match I have seen him he has given 100%. Do the critics of Wes Morgan really believe that he has not tried?

I believe we will be relegated. To be relegated from the Premier League is disappointing but not disgraceful. When we were relegated to the 3rd tier in the "season of four managers" that was disgraceful - but then under Mr Pearson we bounced back.

This is pure poppycock David. To claim that relegation is natural for us and no big deal appears to be the last remaining argument of the fools that completely mis-judged our leader. It reads, and is, a feeble final whisper.

Of course, City's short term fate doesn't matter when compared with the health of a family member or putting food on the table. But, it is possible to care and be passionate about something that isn't so fundamental. Indeed, it is a fairly lame individual that cannot raise themselves to passion about matters of interest to them. Why bother reading or posting on a City based forum if it's all irrelevant? Why bother going to matches?

Like many, many others, I've been attending matches at City for most of my life. I've attended countless games, travelled countless miles and spent countless pounds on them. That has been my choice and my pleasure in good times and bad. I've arranged holidays and family events around matches. I have introduced my only child to matches as and when circumstances permit. My love of the club is in perspective but it is important to me and every time I vent my feelings on here or to friends and family it is because I want the club to make me proud. I want them to spend more than the odd season in ten competing (of a fashion) with the best.

I get passionate about my club when idiots make stupid decisions. This happens a lot but is infuriating nonetheless. Most football managers are overpaid and over-rated. Ours is a most disappointing person is so many ways. He could be a lot better but for his obstinacy and under-developed brain. Here are a couple of average independent views of him from this week that are blatantly apparent to anyone with an open mind:

https://blog.betway.com/football/premier-league/tottenham-v-leicester-spurs-should-feast-on-the-foxes-going-down-with-a-whimper/

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/18/why-leicester-citys-nigel-pearson-needs-to-go-and-watch-spiderman-5108379/

So, whilst it ultimately doesn't matter a toss that NP is our manager and he's dive-bombing us downwards, it is worthy of emotion. It is worthy of anger. It is worthy of opinion. He has taken a great opportunity and failed the owners, supporters and players. That wasn't inevitable or natural at all. In fact, it has taken an act of almost unparalleled incompetence to achieve it.

Last edited:
I don't blame him personally, it was a ridiculous question, from a reporter who was clearly caught on the back foot.

"How did it feel to score a hat trick?", "Were you upset about being sent off?": sports reporters are paid to ask daft questions. Football would be off the air were all players and managers to respond as Pearson did. His way of dealing with, what was a pretty silly question, has shown the press blood in the water and, you can bet, that Pearson baiting will be the journalists' favourite sport for some time to come.

The latter is written by a Leicester fan. He has a regular blog on Metro website. Metro has a blog from every Premier League fan every week.

Darren Lewis has covered Spurs for ten years now via the Mirror. Recently writing an article where he cites his sympathy and feelings towards Spurs despite him supporting Liverpool.

Last edited:
"How did it feel to score a hat trick?", "Were you upset about being sent off?": sports reporters are paid to ask daft questions. Football would be off the air were all players and managers to respond as Pearson did. His way of dealing with, what was a pretty silly question, has shown the press blood in the water and, you can bet, that Pearson baiting will be the journalists' favourite sport for some time to come.

You should read Rob Tanner's article off the Mercury website regards it. Pearson has certainly not been professional but the journalist was totally out of order given he 'paraphrased' Pearson's words from a previous press conference and twisted them.

Here are a couple of average independent views of him from this week that are blatantly apparent to anyone with an open mind

But you don't have an open mind to Pearson, you've been banging on about your single issue opinion for the bulk of the season.

Not only does Forryan have no insight into the leadership, strong or otherwise, he's not independent either. He reflects a distinctly partisan view.

The other chap appears to be offended by the word 'prick', that's not terribly open-minded either.

And, as far as relegation being a natural state for us I'll point you to an old but good summary on the Beeb.

"In the same way that water seeks its own level, numbers and series of numbers will move towards the average, move towards the ordinary."

This is our ordinary.

You should read Rob Tanner's article off the Mercury website regards it. Pearson has certainly not been professional but the journalist was totally out of order given he 'paraphrased' Pearson's words from a previous press conference and twisted them.

The journalist doesn't have an issue with what took place, I struggle to understand why anybody else should. The bulk of sports journos are pricks, this is nothing more that something to beat Pea Son with by those who are grasping at any opportunity to do so.

But you don't have an open mind to Pearson, you've been banging on about your single issue opinion for the bulk of the season.

Let's be accurate, here - he was also banging on about how shite he was for the whole of last season, when we completely stormed away with the League in our best season in donkey's years

Let's be accurate, here - he was also banging on about how shite he was for the whole of last season, when we completely stormed away with the League in our best season in donkey's years
Was he? I seem to remember only a positive and impressed BN last season.

This is pure poppycock David. To claim that relegation is natural for us and no big deal appears to be the last remaining argument of the fools that completely mis-judged our leader. It reads, and is, a feeble final whisper.

Of course, City's short term fate doesn't matter when compared with the health of a family member or putting food on the table. But, it is possible to care and be passionate about something that isn't so fundamental. Indeed, it is a fairly lame individual that cannot raise themselves to passion about matters of interest to them. Why bother reading or posting on a City based forum if it's all irrelevant? Why bother going to matches?

Like many, many others, I've been attending matches at City for most of my life. I've attended countless games, travelled countless miles and spent countless pounds on them. That has been my choice and my pleasure in good times and bad. I've arranged holidays and family events around matches. I have introduced my only child to matches as and when circumstances permit. My love of the club is in perspective but it is important to me and every time I vent my feelings on here or to friends and family it is because I want the club to make me proud. I want them to spend more than the odd season in ten competing (of a fashion) with the best.

Spot on,

In absolute honesty this tosh that get's reeled out every time a heated argument about football arises (family is more important) grinds my gears.

Of course family is more important than football, but what an odd comparison.

Football is a passion for many, people spend many hours through the week performing jobs where frustration can build up, football is a release.

Make it as important as you want to.

Villa Sunderland and QPR could all pick up points at the weekend. I suspect that Burnley and Hull will join us in the nil points group.

Spot on,

In absolute honesty this tosh that get's reeled out every time a heated argument about football arises (family is more important) grinds my gears.

Of course family is more important than football, but what an odd comparison.

Football is a passion for many, people spend many hours through the week performing jobs where frustration can build up, football is a release.

Make it as important as you want to.

I have made it as important as I want. That was the whole point of my post. It doesn't mean I'm not a fan of football or Leicester, just that it doesn't carry the same weight as it used to.

I have made it as important as I want. That was the whole point of my post. It doesn't mean I'm not a fan of football or Leicester, just that it doesn't carry the same weight as it used to.

That's fine, but then you post your dismay at how others can take the game so seriously when dismissing their views on the manager or players.

That's fine, but then you post your dismay at how others can take the game so seriously when dismissing their views on the manager or players.

Did I? I thought I asked why people expected us not to be shit after decrying all of the players and manager as being just that.

But you do seem very committed to an incensed stance and sometimes make fairly unpleasant interventions against anyone who holds critical views about the club's management. A bit of a contrdiction? If youve reined back your interest where does this intolerance of people who disagree with you come from?

But you do seem very committed to an incensed stance and sometimes make fairly unpleasant interventions against anyone who holds critical views about the club's management. A bit of a contrdiction? If youve reined back your interest where does this intolerance of people who disagree with you come from?

He's on the far left, politically. They're incensed by everything (or pretend to be) and love being intolerant in the name of tolerance.

He's on the far left, politically. They're incensed by everything (or pretend to be) and love being intolerant in the name of tolerance.

I think the problem is his Mr Angry avatar. Classic case, his avatar has taking over. The solution is to find him a genial, middle of the road avatar. Politically more Nick Clegg than far left firebrand. He'd soon be agreeing with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669