Pre Match Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you are, anybody that doesn't want Pisstain hanged, drawn and quartered is clearly an evil, raging Marxist intent on creating a fair and disgustingly equitable society. You make me sick. If I could think up a few platitudes to accuse you of like EAF has then I would, and don't think that I wouldn't you pinko, Tofu-licking communist

Of course you are, anybody that doesn't want Pisstain hanged, drawn and quartered is clearly an evil, raging Marxist intent on creating a fair and disgustingly equitable society. You make me sick. If I could think up a few platitudes to accuse you of like EAF has then I would, and don't think that I wouldn't you pinko, Tofu-licking communist
Tofu!!!!!! Yummi! Can I be Marxist too?

This is pure poppycock David. To claim that relegation is natural for us and no big deal appears to be the last remaining argument of the fools that completely mis-judged our leader. It reads, and is, a feeble final whisper.

Of course, City's short term fate doesn't matter when compared with the health of a family member or putting food on the table. But, it is possible to care and be passionate about something that isn't so fundamental. Indeed, it is a fairly lame individual that cannot raise themselves to passion about matters of interest to them. Why bother reading or posting on a City based forum if it's all irrelevant? Why bother going to matches?

Like many, many others, I've been attending matches at City for most of my life. I've attended countless games, travelled countless miles and spent countless pounds on them. That has been my choice and my pleasure in good times and bad. I've arranged holidays and family events around matches. I have introduced my only child to matches as and when circumstances permit. My love of the club is in perspective but it is important to me and every time I vent my feelings on here or to friends and family it is because I want the club to make me proud. I want them to spend more than the odd season in ten competing (of a fashion) with the best.

I get passionate about my club when idiots make stupid decisions. This happens a lot but is infuriating nonetheless. Most football managers are overpaid and over-rated. Ours is a most disappointing person is so many ways. He could be a lot better but for his obstinacy and under-developed brain. Here are a couple of average independent views of him from this week that are blatantly apparent to anyone with an open mind:

https://blog.betway.com/football/premier-league/tottenham-v-leicester-spurs-should-feast-on-the-foxes-going-down-with-a-whimper/

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/18/why-leicester-citys-nigel-pearson-needs-to-go-and-watch-spiderman-5108379/

So, whilst it ultimately doesn't matter a toss that NP is our manager and he's dive-bombing us downwards, it is worthy of emotion. It is worthy of anger. It is worthy of opinion. He has taken a great opportunity and failed the owners, supporters and players. That wasn't inevitable or natural at all. In fact, it has taken an act of almost unparalleled incompetence to achieve it.

I praised Matt for saying he no longer inflicted his anger on his family. Was this pure poppycock?
I said that the tension at a football match is very different from the tensions of everyday life. If this is pure poppycock why did you agree with it in your second paragraph.
I said that Paul Konchesky and Wayne Brown always gave 100%. Any failures on their part were due to lack of quality not lack of effort. Was this pure poppycock?
You surely realise that if any of my points are valid the poppycock cannot be pure.

You suggested that I am against passion in football. That is poppycock. I did not mention the word "passion" in this post. Some years ago I quoted Pavarotti approvingly when he was asked what opera and football have in common and he said "passion."

Your valid objection is my claim that over the next forty years Leicester fans will see promotions and relegations. Perhaps we will get promotion next season and stay in the Premier League for thirty nine years. If this is so you can look forward to a post from me in 2055 praising you for being wise and far sighted.

I praised Matt for saying he no longer inflicted his anger on his family. Was this pure poppycock?
I said that the tension at a football match is very different from the tensions of everyday life. If this is pure poppycock why did you agree with it in your second paragraph.
I said that Paul Konchesky and Wayne Brown always gave 100%. Any failures on their part were due to lack of quality not lack of effort. Was this pure poppycock?
You surely realise that if any of my points are valid the poppycock cannot be pure.

You suggested that I am against passion in football. That is poppycock. I did not mention the word "passion" in this post. Some years ago I quoted Pavarotti approvingly when he was asked what opera and football have in common and he said "passion."

Your valid objection is my claim that over the next forty years Leicester fans will see promotions and relegations. Perhaps we will get promotion next season and stay in the Premier League for thirty nine years. If this is so you can look forward to a post from me in 2055 praising you for being wise and far sighted.

:icon_lol:

I actually like Pea Son, you know.

Mrs Brown says "That's nice" when she (he) means "**** (feck) off).
David says "Poppycock" when he means "Bollocks".

Anybody ever seen Agnes and David in the same room at the same time?

Mrs Brown says "That's nice" when she (he) means "**** (feck) off).
David says "Poppycock" when he means "Bollocks".

Anybody ever seen Agnes and David in the same room at the same time?
I think you'll find that David adopted the term from BN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669