Pre Match Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a rest,

Our defending is shit, our midfield is shit and our attack is shit.

They have all been shit in a lovely collaboration of shitness for quite some time, we can't score and we rarely don't concede goals, we are what they call, totally ****ing shit.

Don't shit it.

Then why do people still get annoyed when we play shit?

Then why do people still get annoyed when we play shit?

Because it's annoying is being shit, especially when you shouldn't be this shit.

I'm not sure you have ever really been a football fan Matty boy, you really seem to struggle with the fact that some people actually do give a...............shit

Imagine being a player at the moment. It must be soul destroying.

And there's only one way they can get out of that; that's collectively performing better and concentrating better. Having played in a football side which has lost week after week in a season, players have to show character and push themselves.

It's one of the areas a manager can do very little about. However, he has worked to get them into that situation no doubts about that.

The only reason I can think for Pearson not just playing all out attack against teams like Spurs is that he does not think we can score goals!

No-one, including Spurs, most of our fans, and some of the team, are expecting us to win. If we lose, I do not give a toss whether it was 1-0 or 5-0. We lost. But did we put up a fight and try and win, rather than just defend?

Forget about letting a 2 or 3 in at the back. Our problem all season has not been a crap defence, we generally have only lost about 10 or 11 matches by 1 goal, and about 5 or 6 by 2 goals.

Nobody has taken us apart and given us a spanking.

So please Pearson, forget about defending a 0-0 draw and maybe sneak a break away goal. It ain't going to happen.

Accept we are going to concede and just go all out to score goals. Go for a strike pairing that understand each other, such as Vardy and Nugent and tell them to let rip.

Put Kramaric in behind them with Mahrez to feed the front two and work some magic from the edge of the penalty area.

Keep the fast boys, Schlupp and de Laet out wide as wing backs, with the instruction that they are to expect to be up and down that pitch all afternoon.

Keep Schwarzer, Huth and Cambiasso as the experienced spine of the team.

The other two slots can go to whoever can convince Pearson they are prepared to fight to win. Probably that means Big Was as the other defender. The other regular defenders and midfielders such as Upson, Konchesky, Simpson, James and Drinkwater etc, can scrap for the bench places. As we probably only need one defender on the bench, I would drop Morgan from the squad.

Come on Pearson - play a team that is going to try and score goals!

Spot on in principle but in detail he should have given his two big money attackers a fair run.

I think that most fans can accept that we would lose rather than win more matches because we have one of the weakest squads but its the lack of fight and ambition of the manager which hurts. This was made worse last weekend when having set his stall out to defend and be negative he had the gall/cynicism to say that his players hadn't created enough.

Those of us who go back a bit know that we have had sides in the past (not always admitedly) who would have gone for Hull and given it a right go. People would give failure in those circs - but Pearson not only is a very poor manager indeed (at this level) but seems to want to kill off any spirit.

That's why I was a little taken aback, or as homer calls it, 'fondled'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christ we could do with a win.

Sent from my lounge, via my iphone with sincere depression while languishing at the bottom.

Bastard.

White Hart Lane is one of my luckier grounds for watching the boys in blue, I expect us to win once again

Because it's annoying is being shit, especially when you shouldn't be this shit.

I'm not sure you have ever really been a football fan Matty boy, you really seem to struggle with the fact that some people actually do give a...............shit

Oh I have. I've been depressed after matches and gone home in foul moods. I've shed tears of despair and anger. I've also realised that it isn't healthy for me and that when I'm going home and my wife is avoiding talking to me because I'm in such a mood about the football, it's time time take stock. I've paid my money for a season ticket but I'll be damned if I'm going to let their performances get me worked up.

I honestly believe the players and manager are giving it everything they have, they are just falling short in some areas. People seem to think I believe Pearson can do no wrong. That's nonsense, I just don't believe he should lose his job for it or be blamed for everything.

Totally agree with the above. There has been no dissent from the players. In most games they have played flat out. Even in the Everton game when Everton equalised in the 88th minute, we did not 'park the bus' for a draw. We were straight back down the pitch trying to score the winner.

I think for a lot of fans it is not what Pearson has done, it is their perception of him. We hear from inside the training ground that he is admired and respected by the players (example the interview of Gallagher on the death of his child) but the fans mostly see him as aloof and emotionless on match days. He does not appear to care whether we win or lose, because he does not display his emotions to the fans or the press (well rarely).

He is also very protective of his players, so he will not publicly criticise them if they make costly mistakes.

We all jump up and down and curse if Morgan occasionally scores an own goal. Pearson does not, and does not appear to the fans that he is at all bothered by it.

Maybe if he displayed the same frustrations that the fans have, that we try hard and play well but just keeping losing by the odd goal, then the fans might be more behind him.

Last edited:
Totally agree with the above. There has been no dissent from the players. In most games they have played flat out. Even in the Everton game when Everton equalised in the 88th minute, we did not 'park the bus' for a draw. We were straight back down the pitch trying to score the winner.

I think for a lot of fans it is not what Pearson has done, it is their perception of him. We hear from inside the training ground that he is admired and respected by the players (example the interview of Gallagher on the death of his child) but the fans mostly see him as aloof and emotionless on match days. He does not appear to care whether we win or lose, because he does not display his emotions to the fans or the press (well rarely).

He is also very protective of his players, so he will not publicly criticise them if they make costly mistakes.

We all jump up and down and curse if Morgan occasionally scores an own goal. Pearson does not, and does not appear to the fans that he is at all bothered by it.

Maybe if he displayed the same frustrations that the fans have, that we try hard and play well but just keeping losing by the odd goal, then the fans might be more behind him.

we had a manager like that; anyone for waving their shoes around?

You're doing it wrong Mike, the catchphrase is "pashun"

He's not emotionless, he's already told one person to '**** off and die' throttled another and called a journalist a prick.

Should he not be judged for the fact we are the bottom club in a league filled with quite poor sides, the fact we have messed up a great opportunity?

I couldn't give a shit if he's smiling or frowning in the stands, the fact he sat up there whilst we pissed away any chance of a win on Saturday, whilst implementing awful tactics was difficult to take though.

Don't be silly. He's left us 7 points adrift and bottom since November.

So that is all his fault then?

So if we had Wenger or Mourhino with the same resources and the same results that would be their fault as well.

The implication is, given the resources available, any other manager would have produced a BETTER set of results, whereas it is possible a different manager given the same resources may have produced a WORSE set of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669