Wales manager Gary Speed confirmed dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

I'm going to be charitable because it's Christmas and convince myself that you knew even as you typed this that you realised it was complete and utter bollocks, but kept typing anyway just for a bit of crack and devilment.

If it wasn't Christmas or if I thought you were in any way serious, I'd probably just say **** off to **** ****ety you shit talking ****end or something like that.

I hate your caring persona at this time of year. I wish the Christmas season would hurry up and end so we get the old Macky back :icon_lol:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I'm a member of the public, and I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

So what? It's none of your business and it's none of anybody else's.

And it could well be in the public interest, because if we were to get to the bottom of why he did it, we may well be able to stop somebody else feeling they have no alternative.

What a load of absolute bollocks!

SwedeFox

I'm a member of the public, and I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. And it could well be in the public interest, because if we were to get to the bottom of why he did it, we may well be able to stop somebody else feeling they have no alternative.
If you want to learn more about why people kill themselves, read some books on psychology or visit a help centre. That will teach you a lot more than the tragic death of one human being, whose background include things that maay never be known us.

And as others have said, there's a huge difference between "public interest" and "what the public is interested in".

Richie

Touchy lot over Christmas some of you aren't you. I'll put your unnecessary aggression down to over indulging in the drink.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Touchy lot over Christmas some of you aren't you. I'll put your unnecessary aggression down to over indulging in the drink.

I put it down to having to deal with idiots.

Richie

Well I fail to see what I said to be met with such a response? Never mind, you tend to get geeky sorts all of a sudden become heroic tough guys when sat behind a computer screen. ;-)

Matt_B

Well I fail to see what I said to be met with such a response? Never mind, you tend to get geeky sorts all of a sudden become heroic tough guys when sat behind a computer screen. ;-)

And we're the ones who've been drinking?

Mawsley

I'm a member of the public, and I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. And it could well be in the public interest, because if we were to get to the bottom of why he did it, we may well be able to stop somebody else feeling they have no alternative.

**** of the Year has already been awarded. You could always ask Steven if you can borrow his trophy because he doesn't seem to value it and you appear desperate.

Last edited:

Richie

**** of the Year has already been awarded. You could always ask Steven if you can borrow his trophy because he doesn't seem to value it and you appear desperate.

A most reasoned response from a mature adult. Well done.

Miles Away

Going to step into a very dangerous fray here and will probably get slapped around a bit.

While, yes, it is ghoulish to be interested in the details of someone's death, and, yes, I do believe that the media has invaded the privacy of people for too long (particularly in British Tabloids) I would suggest that this specific case is of some public interest.

Given his role as a national team manager and as a representative of his Wales perhaps some clarity regarding his death is not completely unreasonable.

I hope no-one misreads my intentions here...what has happened is sad, tragic and should be handled with great care. I would just argue that, in this specific case (as Speed stood as a chosen face and voice of his country) a clearer understanding of the circumstances surronding his death is of "public interest".

Now, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the press had something to do with his state of mind in the first place. I certainly understand people railing against them, because, generally speaking, the red tops are slimy.

Putting a bucket over my head now......

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Putting a bucket over my head now......

Knock, knock!

We already know it's "of public interest". Nobody is going to disagree with you on that point. That is not the same as it being " in the public interest".

Miles Away

Knock, knock!

We already know it's "of public interest". Nobody is going to disagree with you on that point. That is not the same as it being " in the public interest".

Understand the distinction...for Welsh Nationals I would argue it is "in" the public interest to a small degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669