Post Match Watford 0 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are so many leicester fans making fools of themselves on watford's forum ?

quite pathetic.

great away performance. as complete as i've seen since qpr away on a friday night several seasons ago. we looked comfortable throughout and had we the sense to stick someone on forestieri after we went two up, we wouldnt have had any issues at all.

Maybe it has something to do with last season

I imagine it will. Personally I couldn't give two shits about Watford and I've got an irrational dislike of most football league clubs for some pathetic reason or other. I've no strong hatred of Elton John or Italians, and the gloating etc at the end of last season could've so easily been the other way round.

quite pathetic.

great away performance. as complete as i've seen since qpr away on a friday night several seasons ago. we looked comfortable throughout and had we the sense to stick someone on forestieri after we went two up, we wouldnt have had any issues at all.

Because a lot of fans are fools.

What will happen when De Laet is fit? Will Liam partner Wes, and if so, how can we play Wasi? He has to be in the side and I think Ritchie is a better RB, but how can we leave Liam out as well? Difficult eh?

I prefer Liam at right back to Ritchie. Also think Schlupp is better at left back than Konch. Just my opinion.

I prefer Liam at right back to Ritchie. Also think Schlupp is better at left back than Konch. Just my opinion.

He got caught out a lot towards the end of the game today. Schlupp that is.

Last edited:
Anyone for a tit wank?

Foc to you lot.

You might want to PM cafe for an answer to this one. He probably has more insight into that kind of behaviour than most on here.

Don't think Schlupp was that great defensively considering all their attacks came down his side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made up for it with some excellent attacking play and link up with Dyer.

Moore/Schlupp is sort of the inversion of De Laet/Konchesky

We should try and have either Schlupp or De Laet in the side whenever possible.

I would beg to differ, even more so after yesterday.

In all my years watching Konchesky I haven't seen him come close to the kind of work Schlupp did for our second.

Plus we kept our first clean sheet in an age.

And he was playing against probably the best winger in the league.

I thought he performed very well.

From the TV my player ratings would be:

Schmeichel - 7

Schlupp - 7
Morgan - 8
Wasileski - 8
Moore - 8

Dyer - 8
Drinkwater - 8.5
King - 8
Knockaert - 8

Nugent - 7
Wood - 7

Main points:
- Schlupp defensively frail in terms of positioning but made up for it with excellent attacking play.
- Drinkwater MOTM, dictating the play. Pass completion must be very high.
- King similar to Drinkwater but did not impose himself on the play as much.
- Moore outstanding in defense and attack.
- The front two worked hard but were not really stand out. Nugent should have done a lot better with his header.

I would be very interested if people saw the performances differently.

Last edited:
In all my years watching Konchesky I haven't seen him come close to the kind of work Schlupp did for our second.

Plus we kept our first clean sheet in an age.

And he was playing against probably the best winger in the league.

I thought he performed very well.

I don't want to pick fault with a very good performance but Watford should have scored at least two yesterday. At the start of the second half, a goal for them looked inevitable. Let's not get carried away. Great start though. Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
I don't want to pick fault with a very good performance but Watford should have scored at least two yesterday. At the start of the second half, a goal for them looked inevitable. Let's not get carried away. Great start though. Onwards and upwards.

Having not watched the match live, I was surprised by the highlights given all of the comments on here. Watford looked like they could easily have scored a few, and our goals all had an element of fortune.

Still, a fantastic result and a tough place to go.

Mick.

Not sure what you are referring to in my post? I will say though they had some chances, we did too and looked good value for the win.

Certainly not getting carried away, just think Schlupp played well and offers something Konchesky doesn't. I'd keep him in the side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670