Watford Post Match Thread, aka Melton, BG and Highland have a moan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Watford Post Match Thread

A measure of how deep in the shit we are is the clamour from the BMs for the return of our heroic two-goal-a-season striking sensation Matty Fryatt to make everything better...

At this point I fear relegation to the dismal depths of the third tier of English football more than I have at any time in my life. My sphincter is twitching like a mother****er! :icon_sad: :mad:

I heard that also, maybe they were doing it because they want him in:023:

no it's because they are twats and have not got a clue whats going on and who is who. The fecking idiot in front of us was doing more looking behind him to see who was " standing up if you love Leicester" than watching the match. His one brain cell had obviously closed down due to the cold weather.

Was to mad to post last night when we got home,not a lot better after 6 hours sleep.What a totally inapt,unacceptable performance,where do we go from here,down on this display.Before the Coventry game IH said he watched a video Birch gave him showing the wide playof Weller and Glover,please oh please will some fecker give him a tape of Lennon,Izzet,Savage and Guppy and make the whole midfield(And all of those who are made to play there out of position)sit and watch it for a day,might help,the training ground dont seem to be working.MM must be wishing hed never seen the place especially if we are relegated (A real possibility)If that happened he could most likely find that the most season tickets he shifts are the free ones to the under 8s.Mind you he could decide to re-coup his money,how many students flats do you think you could get on the Walkers site

Well ok, we did mind a bit! But he was the best manager we ever had, so we let him off.

Or to put it another way, he was the start of all the problems we are having now.

how much more can we take of this rubbish, its time the chairman did something positive, bring back Martin Allen at least the team had guts.

We played 50 minutes against a team with ten men and didn't score, instead we conceded.

We played 50 minutes against a team with 10 men, and failed to even get a shot on goal, despite playing with 11 players forward for 3 or 4 minutes at the end.

We had 50 minutes to outplay a fairly poor Watford team, and failed.

Now matter what the standard of our opposition, we are always that little bit worse.

Watford changed their formation and playing staff as soon as the geezer was sent off to capitalise on what they were left with, we didn't.

Howard was totally ineffective all through the game, Bori was mildly effective only to be replaced by the totally ineffective Hume.

Salt boy sent every single cross into the crowd.

They were clueless, who is coaching these players?, who is selecting these players?, who is buying these players?, who is guiding these players tactically, who is motivating these players?

Somebody must be responsible!!!, obviously it can't be Holloway after reading some of these comments, so who is it?

there can only be one person responsible for all of this. and that is the manager he trains them, he picks them and worse still he bought them. time has come lets get the useless one out and get in someone with fire in there belly and who will not just bleat about no desire, get peter reid in in time to keep us up and make us competitive again....well for once anyway.

All the attacking threat of a mong.......

Clemence and Oakley had tunnel vision, couldn't see the wingers.
When it got to the wing, it was a shite cross or never a cross.

We had a nice 10 mins to start and then everyone switched off, we made 4 goalscoring opportunites for them.

We played 50 minutes against a team with ten men and didn't score, instead we conceded.

We played 50 minutes against a team with 10 men, and failed to even get a shot on goal, despite playing with 11 players forward for 3 or 4 minutes at the end.

We had 50 minutes to outplay a fairly poor Watford team, and failed.

Now matter what the standard of our opposition, we are always that little bit worse.

Watford changed their formation and playing staff as soon as the geezer was sent off to capitalise on what they were left with, we didn't.

Howard was totally ineffective all through the game, Bori was mildly effective only to be replaced by the totally ineffective Hume.

Salt boy sent every single cross into the crowd.

They were clueless, who is coaching these players?, who is selecting these players?, who is buying these players?, who is guiding these players tactically, who is motivating these players?

Somebody must be responsible!!!, obviously it can't be Holloway after reading some of these comments, so who is it?

Unless I've missed a post or two nobody is saying Holloway isn't responsible, just that getting rid of him right now wouldn't do any good, certainly not to replace with Dowie

Who would you want as our next manager when MM finally admits that IH is the wrong one?????????????????????????

Sorry to keep harping on about this but...... MIDFIELD

is our problem...... no drive.... no energy.....no skill....

I thought Oakley might be the one to drive us forward and Clemence to stabilize the middle area, but so far neither have been much use. So it is no wonder our forwards cant do much, they have no supply whatsoever apart from the PUNT upfield :100:

there can only be one person responsible for all of this. and that is the manager he trains them, he picks them and worse still he bought them. time has come lets get the useless one out and get in someone with fire in there belly and who will not just bleat about no desire, get peter reid in in time to keep us up and make us competitive again....well for once anyway.

Who is that then?

Levein?? Kelly?? Allen? Mandaric? Holloway?? I would say they have all played a significant part in where we find ourselves today.

Unless I've missed a post or two nobody is saying Holloway isn't responsible, just that getting rid of him right now wouldn't do any good, certainly not to replace with Dowie
OK, so he's responsible, we all know that then.

Do you think he knows how to sort it out?, if the answer is "yes", then why hasn't he?

If then we proceed to talk about "gelling", wasn't last night the perfect opportunity to capitalise. Firstly Watford appeared to be off form, and then they were down to ten men and it was 0-0. No excuse in the world is going to wash with me on that one I'm afraid.

Last night was the already delayed chance to get Holloways potential, on the road to materialisation, and he failed miserably.

It is strange that we have two experienced solid centre mids now and yet our play has become as poor as i've seen it for a long time.

We've been moaning about no decent centre mids for years and yet when we get them they are creating nothing. Both Clemence and Oakley need to stand up and be counted. They are surely amongst the highest paid so need to justify their position as senior pros.

I think the attitude was better than on satdee, but that was about it.
There's no point having the possession if you can't get the ball to the players who can get in the box and at least make the goalie do some work.

Never a sending off. Alnwick was at fault for their goal, totally messed up coming for the ball.

Clemence was so damn wasteful with possession all evening. Oakley wasn't much better.

TBH I'm more annoyed with the Blackpool and Plymouth matches than last night's game. But still very disappointed that at the mo, nothing seems to be improving in any way.

I

Never a sending off. Alnwick was at fault for their goal, totally messed up coming for the ball.

I seen it this morning, it wasn't worth of a sending off....a booking no doubt, he rips Clemo's shirt. Alnwick tbf pulled 3 great saves before his mistake.

What pissed me off the most was, there was evidently a goal in the game for us yet we never forced the issue.

Last edited:

Alnwick tbf pulled 3 great saves before his mistake
Aye, and if that blonde geezer up front for Watford was any good, we'd have been 4-0 down at half time.

From where I was right down the front the Alnwick "mistake" was clearly caused by a barge in the back by Henderson as he was jumping for the ball.

Yes but there's no point in making those great saves if he makes a complete hash of something that should've been dealt with easily.

If it had stayed 0-0 would people have beem more happy about the game?

I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670