What Are You Listening To Now?

I've just slapped my vinyl LP of the NME C86 on for the first time in years.

Primal Scream, Mighty Lemon Drops, Soup Dragons, Wolfhounds, Bodines....Wonderful
Can't wait (but will) for the Ron Johnson stuff on side two.

Go get yourself some Bogshed.

And I forgot 'HMHB - I Hate Nerys Hughes (From The Heart)' is there too. A fine evening so far.

Ok, - Obscure compilation LPs Pt. 2

The Fast Records compilation featuring The Mekons, 2.3, Human League, Gang Of Four, & The Scars.

Not even Spionfox has all of those in his latest playlist - I think...

I saw The Scars live once. They were no where near as good as they were on the 'Adult/ery / Horrorshow' 7". Big let down.

Ahgg. After the result of the match today I've gone down the route of decent drink and the 'Damned Damned Damned' LP. Rather loud. Better.

Yes, I know I like my old unhip unfashionable stuff - this (to me) is wonderful.

I love the way they just keep the riff on 'Gotta Go Home' going for about 3 hours. Heads down, no nonsense, mindless boogie.
Have to get myself some Stack Waddy next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I know I like my old unhip unfashionable stuff - this (to me) is wonderful.

I love the way they just keep the riff on 'Gotta Go Home' going for about 3 hours. Heads down, no nonsense, mindless boogie.
Have to get myself some Stack Waddy next.

My first three live gigs were watching the mighty Quo. My dad was to blame.

Last edited by a moderator:
1984, 1985 & 1986.

Edit, just looked it up and it was 1985, 1986 & 1988.

A fine start to watching live bands. I've never seen Quo live (been close twice) despite having 18 of their albums.

Right, moving on from the two guitar brilliance of The Quo, I've gone French tonight.
The two guitar brilliance of Metal Urbain. Rikky Darling, Hermann Schwartz, Pat Lüger or whoever.

For me, the distorted guitars, odd timing drum machine and unintelligible French lyrics are completely wonderful. Seriously.

Ok, they were limited and the later Dr. Mix stuff is quite challenging but Metal Urbain were fantastic. To me anyway.

So then, on with 21st century music. For today's people.

Slaves - Hey EP
Tuff Love - Dross EP

New music that sounds as raucous as the old stuff. I bet £525 that AbsoluteRadio wouldn't go near any of it. The only artist from the 21st century that they ever play is George Ezra. Again. Again. Again. Again. Again. Again. Again. I hate Absolute Radio.

New music that sounds as raucous as the old stuff. I bet £525 that AbsoluteRadio wouldn't go near any of it. The only artist from the 21st century that they ever play is George Ezra. Again. Again. Again. Again. Again. Again. Again. I hate Absolute Radio.
Your are right, Absolute Radio makes my ears bleed. Just give me two hours of Marc Riley on 6 Music of an evening and I'm happy.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00