What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sis went to Notts Uni about ten years ago and her first house was in Lenton.Not the nicest area but not the worst.

Yeah Dad seemed to think it would be a decent area. Going over soon to investigate i.e find a local and a cheap shop. I need to plan my dailly route into Southwell too, looks like it will take a couple of buses and a long walk.

My mate at uni was in a similar situation in his second year to you ted-he barely spent anytime at his place and stayed over at friends etc. So don't worry about being isolated

Went out for a meal with friends and discovered when the bill arrived that I'd left my purse in my other handbag :icon_redf

I'm afraid to say the letch house is OFF. I phoned the silly cow earlier and she had rented both rooms out when I thought I had dibs on one of them. I have the address though, she's getting a reet good stalking over the next three years.

The disappointment of that has been countered by finding a very suitable house for a good price. Owned by a scary army man from Colchester, I've already spoken to him once but will phone back in the morning to say I defo want a room. Its in Lenton, We've figured out that I'll struggle to get the Brackenhurst campus I'm studying on in less than an hour, which is a bugger.

Still, moving out in two weeks..... Thats some grown-up shit.

Is your student loan big enough to cover a stab vest, flack jacket and tin hat?

St Annes would have been nice :)

:081:

And £100+ a month in bus fares - assuming you do the journey every week day.

Aye, will just have to live with that unfortunatly. I couldn't find anywhere in Southwell so travelling is the only option. My parents seem willing enough to help me out and I'll pretend to look for job when I get there too.

Aye, will just have to live with that unfortunatly. I couldn't find anywhere in Southwell so travelling is the only option. My parents seem willing enough to help me out and I'll pretend to look for job when I get there too.

This is prob a daft question, but - Have you looked in Newark? Not sure what the prices are for renting etc, but its a hell of a lot closer to Southwell and I would imagine, with it being so close, there would be student digs there. Also, what with it having a train station, its easy to get in and out of Notts on a night out.

I know you said you're based in Southwell Ted but is that for the whole course or just for year 1? If you're at Trent Uni and are going to be moving to the city campuses in future years I'd be tempted to rent in Nottingham anyway, you'll get a better nightlife and provided the travelling each day is affordable and you can be bothered to do it, I'd rather travel for the day stuff and not have to bother trying to get back home after a night out when you go into the City.

Lenton is like any student area really, it's a bit rough round the edges but so are student areas in most cities. It's close enough to walk back after a night out and there a a lot worse areas to live in in Nottingham.

This is prob a daft question, but - Have you looked in Newark? Not sure what the prices are for renting etc, but its a hell of a lot closer to Southwell and I would imagine, with it being so close, there would be student digs there. Also, what with it having a train station, its easy to get in and out of Notts on a night out.

Yeah Newark was mentioned by a friend, I wouldn't mind getting settled in the city for the first year and then looking around the peripheral towns.

You need to realise that I have almost no idea what I'm doing and am going into this quite blind. I didn't expect to be going to Nottingham, but I bollocksed my exams and got rejected by Leicester. I'm under-prepared but I'll live and learn I'm sure, a bit of responsibility probably won't hurt me.:icon_bigg

Last edited:
I know you said you're based in Southwell Ted but is that for the whole course or just for year 1? If you're at Trent Uni and are going to be moving to the city campuses in future years I'd be tempted to rent in Nottingham anyway, you'll get a better nightlife and provided the travelling each day is affordable and you can be bothered to do it, I'd rather travel for the day stuff and not have to bother trying to get back home after a night out when you go into the City.

Lenton is like any student area really, it's a bit rough round the edges but so are student areas in most cities. It's close enough to walk back after a night out and there a a lot worse areas to live in in Nottingham.

I've heard there are chunks of the course done on a campus in the city. The Brackenhurst campus is nice and new but tiny. Hopefully I'll end up with the best of both worlds living in Nottingham.

Achieved:

Completed ACII assignment regarding self-funding risk financing mechanisms.

Caveat:

Finished it by making up a load of rubbish since I don't know the answers.

I booked my first haircut in nearly a year earlier....

I booked my first haircut in nearly a year earlier....

Could be a big mistake, ted

You've got Freshers Week to prepare for, and if you go along all neat and tidy you'll attract all the silly tarts looking for boyfriend material

If you go along like an unkempt 'rebel' type then you'll stand a better chance with all the mucky pieces up for a quick knee-trembler round the back of the student union

You need to give this some more careful thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610