Who will be next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world sanity would prevail and footballers would be paid *appropriately* or at least on a performance related pay basis as part of their standard T&C of employment.

Until that time players such as Ben Marshall will continue to drive a Bentley.

I'd be genuinely happier if City were being run according to their means. If that meant that we struggled then so be it. Football clubs spend more they can afford to and a sugar daddy who is just covering cash flow in the form of loans against the club, in my opinion, is unacceptable. At least in the long term the club would be secure, something that many clubs (including our own) probably aren't. Eventually things will catch up with football and I'd rather City were run soundly and achieved success through good management, rather than spending money they cant afford.

Struggled? In what way?

Floundering away in the Championship for season after season, after season - perhaps even dropping down a division once in a while

Oh, hold on a minute.......

I'd be genuinely happier if City were being run according to their means. If that meant that we struggled then so be it. Football clubs spend more they can afford to and a sugar daddy who is just covering cash flow in the form of loans against the club, in my opinion, is unacceptable. At least in the long term the club would be secure, something that many clubs (including our own) probably aren't. Eventually things will catch up with football and I'd rather City were run soundly and achieved success through good management, rather than spending money they cant afford.

This is the real issue. Well put.

Our debt is quite simply unsustainable and there is a very real possibility that before too long the issue won't be a managerial one, but one of LCFC's continued existence.

This is the real issue. Well put.

Our debt is quite simply unsustainable and there is a very real possibility that before too long the issue won't be a managerial one, but one of LCFC's continued existence.

I don't think we're the only ones though. Not by a long stretch.

Struggled? In what way?

Do I need to answer this properly? I've been drinking now so probably best I leave it til tomorrow.

However, you're a good poster Rhydal, so I suspect you know the answer really.

I can't think of any other non-established Premier League club in debt to the tune of £100m*.

* this being the figure so far loaned by the owners at an 8% interest rate.

I'd imagine Cardiff and Leeds are close and give Watford a season or two and they will be.

Am I missing something here?

How does the amount of other clubs also destined to go to the wall make any difference to us?

Am I missing something here?

How does the amount of other clubs also destined to go to the wall make any difference to us?

It doesn't. Neither does the amount of debt. The ability to service the debt is a different matter though.

I can't think of any other non-established Premier League club in debt to the tune of £100m*.

I posted earlier in this thread that this is the part that I find unacceptable BN. If owners choose to spend money above and beyond the income generated by the club then fine, but I believe they should have to do this with equity, and they should not be able to do it in the form of a loan against the club.

Brown Nose said - I can't think of any other non-established Premier League club in debt to the tune of £100m*.

"pork pie fox" - I posted earlier in this thread that this is the part that I find unacceptable BN. If owners choose to spend money above and beyond the income generated by the club then fine, but I believe they should have to do this with equity, and they should not be able to do it in the form of a loan against the club.

For information - the latest loan the owners made has a 6% interest rate (detailed in the latest set of published accounts, but don't have them in front of me currently to state figure). The accounts also detail how much interest was paid during 2011/12 season - will detail this tonight

The club stated when releasing those accounts that they had an intention to convert loans to equity, but we don't know if that is all of the loans or some of them. We have requested a meeting with the Finance Director to go through the accounts, obviously that would be one area to clarify, along with their plans to achieve FFP targets for the 2013/14 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669