Who will be next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Di Matteo would be the best candidate mentioned by a mile for me, but there's no chance in hell Leicester City could get the current Champions League and FA Cup holder on board.

McCarthy I'd be happy with, but mainly because he makes me laugh, but he also has proven pedigree at getting teams promoted out this division.

Rosler is a wildcard and it's hard to know which way it would go, but he's a young manager who shows potential and would certainly be a lot better option than many of the usual suspects though. Blaarev might be able to shed more light on how he got on in Norway?

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
His record is still better than Pearson's which was your argument. I think Warnock has lost all enthusiasm for the game and has done nothing at Leeds. McCarthy has pulled Ipswich round well but was horrendously bad in his last season at Wolves. Plus his tactics are unbelievably negative. Apparently they had 2 goalkeepers on the bench at the weekend

Did you think about checking whether that was true?

Biffa Bacon

Of course I do - I am talking about Steve Walsh our ex player who regularly watches our games and once applied for the manager's job - can't recall when. To get us back on track - who better to motivate the players and the fans....surely better than an out of work manager who knows little about us. Based on what happens over the next 6 weeks the owners can then decide what we need. In my view he has nothing to lose and neither do we.

You mean the Steve Walsh who has never taken his coaching badges or managed a team at any level of football? Why not give Birchenall the job if the criteria is just having been around the club for a bit?

spionfox

You mean the Steve Walsh who has never taken his coaching badges or managed a team at any level of football? Why not give Birchenall the job if the criteria is just having been around the club for a bit?

Or Bernie. He'd bring plenty of pashun.

Matt_B

Exact-a-mundo. If he were that pashun8 about managing us or anyone else, he'd at least have started his qualifications by now.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I trusted the national football reporter who informed me (and his other Twitter followers). Was it incorrect? I did say apparently though.

It was incorrect.

Redditch Fox

Wont be a MON, Di Matteo type appointment - they won't consider the job and I can't imagine why Chris Powell would want it unless the financial rewards are so much better than Charlton. I'd prefer Big Sam but now Di Canio has gone to Sunderland I' think he'll get an extended contract at West Ham.

The Leicester job is a load of trouble.

Likely to be necessary to scour the lower divisions.

Once a new manager is appointed they will have a hell of a job to sort out a deflated overpaid squad and at the same time try to meet fans expectations. Though this has been such a traumatic come down that those expectations may now be down sized. In fact there is a danger that lots of supporters will lose a lot of interest.

It will be interesting to see if the owners have anything meaningful to say at the end of the season.

Biffa Bacon

Wont be a MON, Di Matteo type appointment - they won't consider the job and I can't imagine why Chris Powell would want it unless the financial rewards are so much better than Charlton. I'd prefer Big Sam but now Di Canio has gone to Sunderland I' think he'll get an extended contract at West Ham.

Likely to be necessary to scour the lower divisions.

Once a new manager is appointed they will have a hell of a job to sort out a deflated overpaid squad and at the same time try to meet fans expectations. Though this has been such a traumatic come down that those expectations may now be down sized. In fact there is a danger that lots of supporters will lose a lot of interest.

It will be interesting to see if the owners have anything meaningful to say at the end of the season.

Likely they'll be saying they have to put up ticket prices to pay for this years failure

Fox From The Hudd

But 10 games ago we were challenging for automatic promotion and scoring goals for fun?
Wood, Knocky etc were looking like inspired signings with great futures?
Those performances weren't hype or media speculation they actually happened!

Surely those players can play like that again?

spionfox

......and at the same time try to meet fans expectations. Though this has been such a traumatic come down that those expectations may now be down sized.

You reckon? Leicester fans always expect instant gratification why should the recent trauma change anything!

Redditch Fox

You reckon? Leicester fans always expect instant gratification why should the recent trauma change anything!

Just feel that this has come as a bit of a game changing shock.

I fear that big expectations will be replaced by disillusion.

Need to find a talented and motivating young manager imo.

We shall see.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Kingy_85

Not an achievement. If Wladimir Klitschko entered a children's boxing tournament nobody would be impressed when he won every match by knockout. Same thing.

True. Although the Celtic fan's won't look at it that way. They celebrated on the streets when Rangers went bust. Another season of non competition and they might start realising just how painful it was.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Redditch Fox

But 10 games ago we were challenging for automatic promotion and scoring goals for fun?
Wood, Knocky etc were looking like inspired signings with great futures?
Those performances weren't hype or media speculation they actually happened!

Surely those players can play like that again?

Possibly - much depends on what happens for the rest of the season. Surely there is a performance coming from somewhere. In normal circumstances you would expect them to show some pride.

We need 5 wins out of six games now - or just maybe 4 wins and 2 draws.

The Old Fox

.... Once a new manager is appointed they will have a hell of a job to sort out a deflated overpaid squad and at the same time try to meet fans expectations. Though this has been such a traumatic come down that those expectations may now be down sized. In fact there is a danger that lots of supporters will lose a lot of interest.

But, I thought that is what Nigel Pearson had done. We have been told, all season, that Nigel has cut the wage bill and ditched the dead wood: (to be read in a highly sarcastic tone) surely, this wasn't a fib!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669