Who will be next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure Kingy.It had been my original intention until I made so many freinds on here.
I may be here less often as I have started a new crusade on Scumderlands forum.
Mc Dermott no good for you according to Brown Nose?I think his special relationship with Reading is like that Adkins had with Scunny.How did Adkins do at Southampton?
See you would miss this outside view of the world

Bocadillo.I hope you are going to give credit on the "delusion "issue.I think I was way ahead of everyone else on here in highlighting the delusion thing after the Pogba/Arry business.

But, I thought that is what Nigel Pearson had done. We have been told, all season, that Nigel has cut the wage bill and ditched the dead wood: (to be read in a highly sarcastic tone) surely, this wasn't a fib!!

Who said that? How can anybody possibly believe that a wage bill can be cut when players are under contract?

Who said that? How can anybody possibly believe that a wage bill can be cut when players are under contract?

Idiots will believe anything

Especially if it's said on an internet forum as being FACT

Bocadillo.I hope you are going to give credit on the "delusion "issue.I think I was way ahead of everyone else on here in highlighting the delusion thing after the Pogba/Arry business.
In fairness, cafster, some of us didn't want Pearson back in the first place. Some of us felt that taking a backward step such as that would be harmful to the development of the club. And almost all of us absolutely knew that our instalment as one of the favourites for the title at the beginning of this season (and last) was nothing short of utterly ludicrous.

So all the rumours going round at present point to Mark Hughes....

:icon_eek:

By loaning players to a team that pay a percentage of their salary, technically you have lowered the wage bill.

By loaning players to a team that pay a percentage of their salary, technically you have lowered the wage bill.
But then technically you're a player short, who technically needs replacing by someone else on another wage.

I can assure you that the percentage of the salaries being saved is small - so small as to be insignificant in balance sheet terms.

Squad shortage is subjective, the wage bill being lower is fact.
Based on most of the comments re Sledger, and your current predicament, I'd say shortage at the minimum.
As I've said before, squad depth is a key factor in this division.

Based on most of the comments re Sledger, and your current predicament, I'd say shortage at the minimum.
As I've said before, squad depth is a key factor in this division.

I agree entirely.

However, Bocadillo said "How can anybody possibly believe that a wage bill can be cut when players are under contract?"

It can be done.

I agree entirely.

However, Bocadillo said "How can anybody possibly believe that a wage bill can be cut when players are under contract?"

It can be done.

It definitely can, I've already suggested putting all the unwanted, over paid players on a coach and driving it off beachy head. Other options include hiring a hit team.

If players aren't wanted by other teams on contracts that match their current terms they will continue to take wages from City.

It definitely can, I've already suggested putting all the unwanted, over paid players on a coach and driving it off beachy head.

In an ideal world sanity would prevail and footballers would be paid *appropriately* or at least on a performance related pay basis as part of their standard T&C of employment.

Until that time players such as Ben Marshall will continue to drive a Bentley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669