Who will be next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian McDermott would do me very nicely please. Martin O'Neil would be ok, so long as he brings Jon Robertson. Ole Gunnar Skolsjaer would be an interesting punt from leftfield (perhaps an approach to take in the summer rather than now). Right now I can only describe Pearson as being slightly preferable to Di Canio or Ince

Derek Griffiths, but his 'playaway' era

Brian McDermott would do me very nicely please. Martin O'Neil would be ok, so long as he brings Jon Robertson. Ole Gunnar Skolsjaer would be an interesting punt from leftfield (perhaps an approach to take in the summer rather than now). Right now I can only describe Pearson as being slightly preferable to Di Canio or Ince
Solskjær wouldn't come. He's turned down several attempts from English clubs (incl. Villa and Blackburn). Only a top PL club would get him atm. His ambition is to manage Man.U but he gathers Giggs will get that job before him.

Well, the owners dithering has lost us any chance of two perfectly plausible replacements in PDiC and NA. The Thai's past record suggests that once they do finally put NP out of his misery, they'll not have a scooby doo what to do next. I'm not optimistic that they know what they're doing with this manager lark. To think that their expert footballing advice comes from Sousa and Birchenall.

There are several managers out of work that could potentially do a fine job for us. But it depends on their hunger, motivation, attitude, etc. Understanding this depends on knowing who's who in the game and making appropriate enquiries and interviewing properly.

Our situation doesn't call for a 'anything but NP' response, despite NP being utterly out of his depth and worthy of the sack. As a club, we've only really made one sensible appointment since MON in 1995 (NP for the League One job appointed by Mandy more by luck than judgement due to Hoos knowledge). I think Martin George was the last chairman we had that knew what he was doing in this department.

My uninformed view would be that McDermott would be disasterous. There is no evidence that he's going to be able to do a decent job elsewhere. His attachment to Reading was unique.

I'd love MON but he looks like his passion is gone, and without that, he's nothing special. How would RDiM react to his next role given his experience at Chelsea? Is his passion as high as ever or is he unlikely to be interested in doing something so minor as taking us up? Coyle had personal problems but prior to that looked like a belting manager. Is he done for, like Jewell, or hungry as hell?

Hughes, McClaren, Lennon, McLeish, Keane? Who is to say whether they'll be good or bad in their next managerial venture? Someone needs to understand what makes them tick and who's got issues and who's ready to sweat blood for us.

It's a tough call.

"Utterly out of his depth"?

Doesn't using such imbecilic phrases negate anything else one might have to say?

I would actually cry if he came here now, I think.

out of the frying pan - from arrogance to a possible 'car crash'. is it significant that he resigned today? as i understand it he has several options and there was no great rush for him to leave leeds. dont judge him on his performance there. the new owners are 'potless'. all their money went to ken.

Crazy thought but how about Steve Walsh as a caretaker manager until the end of the season - let's face it he can only improve things. He has already taken us through the playoffs as a player and would provide knowledge of the squad and required passion.....the new manager can only play with the cards he has been dealt - just needs to know how to play the hand. Quite frankly NP leaving will lift the mood of most of the players and certainly the majority of fans. Only disappointed players will be NP's favourites like Lloyd Dyer who won't get in the side.

I have always been aghast at the thought of him being our manager but now I'd be happy if he were to be appointed tomorrow. How could things possibly get any worse?

We're a point outside the playoffs. So yes, yes they could get worse. Much worse.

Crazy thought but how about Steve Walsh as a caretaker manager until the end of the season - let's face it he can only improve things. He has already taken us through the playoffs as a player and would provide knowledge of the squad and required passion.....the new manager can only play with the cards he has been dealt - just needs to know how to play the hand. Quite frankly NP leaving will lift the mood of most of the players and certainly the majority of fans. Only disappointed players will be NP's favourites like Lloyd Dyer who won't get in the side.

You do realise it's not the same Steve Walsh who currently works at Leicester?

Of course I do - I am talking about Steve Walsh our ex player who regularly watches our games and once applied for the manager's job - can't recall when. To get us back on track - who better to motivate the players and the fans....surely better than an out of work manager who knows little about us. Based on what happens over the next 6 weeks the owners can then decide what we need. In my view he has nothing to lose and neither do we.

Steve Walsh
Steve Welsh
Welsh person
Charlotte Church
Church of England
English television
Dusty ****ing Bin

Of course I do - I am talking about Steve Walsh our ex player who regularly watches our games and once applied for the manager's job - can't recall when. To get us back on track - who better to motivate the players and the fans....surely better than an out of work manager who knows little about us. Based on what happens over the next 6 weeks the owners can then decide what we need. In my view he has nothing to lose and neither do we.

I thought you might have meant the Assistant coach Steve Walsh when you mentioned knowing the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669