Who will be next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil Lennon will hold talks about his future as Celtic manager following the Scottish Cup final next month.

Lennon admits he is not sure what will happen after his side appear at Hampden on 26 May and has not ruled out an exit from Celtic Park.

When asked on the BBC's Football Focus programme where his future lies, the 41-year-old said: "I don't know."

Get him in!

Last edited:
Neil Lennon will hold talks about his future as Celtic manager following the Scottish Cup final next month.

Lennon admits he is not sure what will happen after his side appear at Hampden on 26 May and has not ruled out an exit from Celtic Park.

When asked on the BBC's Football Focus programme where his future lies, the 41-year-old said: "I don't know."

Get him in!

Yeah, he's done wonders against all odds at Celtic.

Get him in!

I certainly wouldn't want him at the KP.

Think I am probably going to be labelled a party pooper. l love MON for what he achieved here first time around and for that he will always be a legend but his time at Sunderland somewhat suggests that he has had his time and that his methods and style are somewhat outdated. I really don't see MON being much more of a success than Pearson, in fact their styles of management are very similar and I actually think a team managed by MON would have suffered a similar fate on Friday night. We actually need a progressive Manager somebody with young fresh ideas somebody who will play exciting and progressive football. Football has moved on so much in the last 10 years and even in the time from Pearsons first spell and with both Big Nige and MON they seem to be very traditional in their style and approach and IMO that will not deliver promotion.

My fear with the current owners and their advisors is that too often they are making decisions as star struck supporters or blindly trying to appease supporters. We need a brave and exciting appointment not an emotional appointment the only current manager with City links that deserves consideration is Chrissy Powell other than that we need to find our own Zola, Poyet or McKay.

...we need to find our own McKay.

Not sure whether that's what I had in mind:

porridge_mackay.jpg

Think I am probably going to be labelled a party pooper. l love MON for what he achieved here first time around and for that he will always be a legend but his time at Sunderland somewhat suggests that he has had his time and that his methods and style are somewhat outdated. I really don't see MON being much more of a success than Pearson, in fact their styles of management are very similar and I actually think a team managed by MON would have suffered a similar fate on Friday night. We actually need a progressive Manager somebody with young fresh ideas somebody who will play exciting and progressive football. Football has moved on so much in the last 10 years and even in the time from Pearsons first spell and with both Big Nige and MON they seem to be very traditional in their style and approach and IMO that will not deliver promotion.

My fear with the current owners and their advisors is that too often they are making decisions as star struck supporters or blindly trying to appease supporters. We need a brave and exciting appointment not an emotional appointment the only current manager with City links that deserves consideration is Chrissy Powell other than that we need to find our own Zola, Poyet or McKay.

I sympathise with your concerns, were MON to return but, there is always a risk. Chris Powell might be an interesting choice, but again, a risk: he has proved very good at managing, in adversity, but, like Nigel Pearson, he might not be as good at managing a spending club...

Isn't every new managerial appointment a risk? You can have the greatest CV in the world, but there's no guarantee it'll work out well in your next job. I guess I just don't let things like this bother me too much. Que sera sera, is what I say.

Isn't every new managerial appointment a risk? You can have the greatest CV in the world, but there's no guarantee it'll work out well in your next job. I guess I just don't let things like this bother me too much. Que sera sera, is what I say.

Indeed. Harry Redknapp, aka God to some, has had more than enough time to turn QPR round. Instead, he has done similar to Holloway here.

I'm glad we never took on Lee Clark.

The Sun is reporting the O'Neill story as well as the Mirror, saying that "O'Neill, axed by Sunderland last month, will replace Nigel Pearson after City's promotion failure". They use the same 'Leicester source' quote as the Mirror.

I agree with you that MON looked lost at times at Sunderland this season. But don't believe the hype. His qualities are not outdated and his passion would have been seriously stoked by his sacking. I think he'd get us promoted in his sleep. His main attribute is maximising the potential in players and, were he to do this with the existing squad, we'd piss this league. Any chance whatsoever of this happening should be welcomed.

As much as i loved MON at the time, he had good back-up in Walford and Robertson, the latter being a vital link between the players/manager. IF and a BIG IF MON was persuaded to return i would hope he employed a similar character/assistant to Robbo for the vital player/manager link. I agree with the "times have changed view" but nowadays it seems most clubs have a separate sport science/analitical dept. IMO vital to the likes of MON returning is this player/manager link. NP seemed to have that with Chrissy Powell i would suggest a character like Taggart (knowledgeable yet "one of the lads")

I agree with you that MON looked lost at times at Sunderland this season. But don't believe the hype. His qualities are not outdated and his passion would have been seriously stoked by his sacking. I think he'd get us promoted in his sleep. His main attribute is maximising the potential in players and, were he to do this with the existing squad, we'd piss this league. Any chance whatsoever of this happening should be welcomed.

Most mackems I know were disappointed with him spending all the money this season on a few players, something I was rather surprised at him doing really. Despite this, they still believed he was going to turn their season around and survive this year and build for next. I'd welcome MON back to us without question, it's a shame that it didn't happen when he first lost the Sunderland job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669