Will Leicester Get Promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last bus home? You must have only been about 14 or 15 when Rugby Town got kicked out of Oakwell. When I was that age, and living in Rugby, all the lads of that age had to rely on push-bikes!
Started going to RTFC in '67 when I was 10 - didn't get a push bike until I was 13 and then I wasn't allowed to take it out of the street!

Started going to RTFC in '67 when I was 10 - didn't get a push bike until I was 13 and then I wasn't allowed to take it out of the street!

I moved to Rugby, from the north-east, in 1963; I had never before seen so many people on bikes.

I used to go to Oakfield quite regularly a few (a very few) years before you but never went again after an unfortunate incident in a match against Merthyr Tydfil which involved the sending-off of the Rugby Town centre-back and a penalty winner for the away team. I still don't accept that four local youths always supporting the away team and giving the home players a bit of stick was entirely responsible for the incident and therefore that our banning was unfair.

Dream? Luxury. We didn't have time to dream. We worked all day and got up before we went to bed.

At the risk of peaking too soon............

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

You had cups....you don't know your born

Last edited:

You were lucky......

Just taken this vote from the official website. :)
Anyone got a clue what the 4th option is?

Will the Foxes win promotion this season?

Yes 62%
No 20%
Maybe 0%
Может быть, 18%
:icon_conf

Just taken this vote from the official website. :)
Anyone got a clue what the 4th option is?

Yes 62%
No 20%
Maybe 0%
Может быть, 18%
:icon_conf
It's Russian for "maybe", why it's there though I have no idea.

Currently down to 5th with results as they are.

2 games in hand of Palace, Watford and Hull.

Need to win both to regain 2nd spot as Dull winning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Chelsea613
3Liverpool512
4Arsenal612
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69