Will Leicester Get Promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction is for Cardiff and Watford to get automatic promotion with Hull and ourselves fighting for the third place, probably via the playoff final. How ironic for Pearson if he were to lose out to Hull. Let's hope it doesn't happen!

Just done a bit of speculative projecting.

Had us ending on 80 points. Did that by basically giving us home wins and away draws. Doubt that'd be good enough for the automatic spots. Going to take a hell of a run of form to get us there I reckon. Any away wins we can nick are absolutely massive. Hope we can start this weekend.

Just done a bit of speculative projecting.

Had us ending on 80 points. Did that by basically giving us home wins and away draws. Doubt that'd be good enough for the automatic spots. Going to take a hell of a run of form to get us there I reckon. Any away wins we can nick are absolutely massive. Hope we can start this weekend.

82 is the average required. We're on for 79 as it stands. Can only afford four more defeats to reach the average. Form tables say Watford are going to romp.

However having looked at the fixtures for April, there's every chance that any team within six points can reach 2nd. Watford for example have a very easy spell of fixtures in March and they have a difficult run-in (like ourselves).

One game at a time, boys

Gonna stick my neck on the line and say we won't get an automatic spot. This is not because I'm being a doom monger, I just think Watford will grab second quite comfortably with their squad and current form. I wouldn't even be too surprised if they actually pipped Cardiff to top either.

I think we'll finish 4th and Hull 3rd. It will come down to the play offs. Hopefully we'll scrape through.

Last edited:
The setup at Watford with the owners having more than one club and so giving them and advantage with loan players. Is this fair? discuss.

its difficult to say which are easy games which are difficult (apart from the obvious eg Cardiff away), i tend to look at how we are performing ie, if we play to our capabilites for the remaining fixtures we could reach top 2, if we drastically underperform (as we have done occassionally) we could even miss out on the play offs. ONE GAME AT A TIME FOLKS, itll sort itself out BTW id deduct points from Watford for blatantly abusing the rules, but keep playing well win a few key matches ie Cardiff Watford, we will be close

Last edited:
82 is the average required. We're on for 79 as it stands. Can only afford four more defeats to reach the average. Form tables say Watford are going to romp.

However having looked at the fixtures for April, there's every chance that any team within six points can reach 2nd. Watford for example have a very easy spell of fixtures in March and they have a difficult run-in (like ourselves).

Can't see what the problem is, I have us finishing on 96 points :)

BTW id deduct points from Watford for blatantly abusing the rules
The rules are the same for all clubs, and all clubs knew (or had access to) the rules. Fair's fair. Watford have broken no rules. Honestly, dpj, you're known for posting a constant stream of utter bollocks but this might be your best yet.

it wasn't a problem when Watford were mid-table, now people appear to be up in arms about it

The setup at Watford with the owners having more than one club and so giving them and advantage with loan players. Is this fair? discuss.

About as fair as having a wealthy man as your sugar daddy buying you* new players, I'd say.

If you can't see my thinly veiled satire - us.

Last edited:
I think it's between us, Watford and the Dragons for the auto places.

I think it's between us, Watford and the Dragons for the auto places.
No-one's catching us. I seriously believe the Blackburn game I'll be wearing fancy dress in celebration.

So will you catch Watford. Looking at the 3 fixtures before you play us, I suspect you'll get 5 points. I expect Watford to get 7.
If you manage to steal a draw against us that will leave you 6 points behind them with 9 to play.

Your next 2 games are similar in difficulty, so 7 to play to make up the 6 points.

Then you catch a break as they have a probable draw against Dull while you breeze past t'Barnsley.

4 points to find.

No change following weekend.

Then the run of games into the match between you on the 27th April. I don't see anything other than the potential for them to pull further away.

If they're not showing up at your place in fancy dress, I'd be very surprised.

Get the valium ready for the play offs.

No-one's catching us. I seriously believe the Blackburn game I'll be wearing fancy dress in celebration.

So will you catch Watford. Looking at the 3 fixtures before you play us, I suspect you'll get 5 points. I expect Watford to get 7.
If you manage to steal a draw against us that will leave you 6 points behind them with 9 to play.

Your next 2 games are similar in difficulty, so 7 to play to make up the 6 points.

Then you catch a break as they have a probable draw against Dull while you breeze past t'Barnsley.

4 points to find.

No change following weekend.

Then the run of games into the match between you on the 27th April. I don't see anything other than the potential for them to pull further away.

If they're not showing up at your place in fancy dress, I'd be very surprised.

Get the valium ready for the play offs.

And who the feck made you God? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Arsenal614
3Chelsea613
4Liverpool512
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611