Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phillips is a clever experienced striker. Be a great catch for any side at this level. I don't rate Le Fondre and I'd agree with an earlier post that I don't think he'd really be the Nigel Pearson sort of signing.

Now linked with Cameron Stewart - again!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...tition-mounts-for-hull-winger-cameron-stewart

Charlton face competition to re-sign in-form winger Cameron Stewart with a host of rival Championship clubs keen on landing him.
Stewart has returned to parent club Hull City following a successful loan stint at The Valley and the Addicks want the 22-year-old back permanently, and they have the finance to do the deal after Belgian millionaire Roland Duchatelet completed his takeover of the club.
However, Sky Sports understands that a number of Championship clubs have now made contact with Hull about a deal for Stewart.
Understood to be among those clubs are promotion candidates Leicester City, Ipswich and Leeds United, who are all keen to add Stewart to their ranks.
Hull boss Steve Bruce has confirmed interest in Stewart, and is set to let him leave, although he could be involved in Saturday's FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough before his departure.
Talking to Sky Sports, Stewart said that he was waiting to see what happens over the coming days.
"I will discuss all the options with my agent and will hopefully be in a position to make a decision on my future in the next few days," he said.

Reading that article suggests he may be coming here.

A terrific 1/2 season impact signing IMO

Reading that article suggests that he ain't fit.

That's not how I read it. It suggests that he's fit at the moment, but if he doesn't find a club soon he won't be fit because he'll have missed too much training.
I'd have thought he'd find a lower league club to train with though, most clubs would be happy to have someone like him training with them.

Gerrimin Nigela

I think it's nailed on he's coming here.

I hope not. Why would we want to give a pay-day to somebody whose fitness is questionable and who has barely managed 90 minutes of football in the past six months? Let him get a proper job - we're not a registered charity.

I hope not. Why would we want to give a pay-day to somebody whose fitness is questionable and who has barely managed 90 minutes of football in the past six months? Let him get a proper job - we're not a registered charity.

If you read my other post, I'm only keen on him coming on a deal that wouldn't be throwing money away. Pay as you play with some sort of promotion bonus wouldn't be a problem IMO. I do think his experience over the next few months could be helpful to our squad.

from jason bourne interview with NP, when asked are incomings imminent ?...NP replied "maybe", i would say thats a "yes" lol

He's on Soccer AM now. Every question is about Leicester. He said he had a meeting with a manager last night and it should be sorted this week.

Im with Boc on this, hes not needed imo.

Would rather see a wide player come in as its the only position needed.

If you read my other post, I'm only keen on him coming on a deal that wouldn't be throwing money away. Pay as you play with some sort of promotion bonus wouldn't be a problem IMO. I do think his experience over the next few months could be helpful to our squad.

I did read your other post. People like him don't do that kind of pay-as-you-play deal. If he's not playing, he won't be useful. If he is using his experience to help the squad whilst not playing, he will expect to be paid. He is a has-been looking for a last pay cheque. If he was worth anything to anybody Pulis would have realised it and he would still be at Selhurst doing a job there.

We should not allow ourselves to be taken in by him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570