Are you renewing your season ticket?

Are you renewing your season ticket?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still recall the first time I went to a game and heard goal music - away to Palace, the Dave Clark 5. I looked on in sheer disbelief, feeling that it was a massive indicator of a two-bit club. I think it makes us look like a two-bit club.

backing up what i said about Boro and Bolton then

I know what you mean fitz, but at least we aren't playing canned applause and cheering through the speakers like they used to do at Old Trafford a few years back. Now THAT was sad!

so covering up the noise of cheering is better than canned applause?

It doesn't get people up and dancing Spionfox. Once it STARTS I sit down, and I know I'm not the only one.

So within about, what, 10 seconds of the goal being scored when the music has come on you are back in your seat?

Incredible. We score so few that I am still standing about 10 seconds after the opposition has kicked off again - music or no music.

That was Man City, not United, wasn't it?

I know I sound fogey-ish but I don't care, and I defy anyone to say with confidence that people, kids or otherwise, would go "Ah, I'm not going down now, they don't play that jump around music anymore" if they axed it.

so covering up the noise of cheering is better than canned applause?

No, but the sound our crowd make singing along can be equally as loud and just creates an all-round feel-good atmosphere.

Look, in an ideal world I wouldn't want the music either. But until the Walkers becomes anything but an un-atmospheric tumbleweed bowl I vote for it to stay.

And don't say the atmosphere would develop without the music because I don't really think any of us believe that.

So within about, what, 10 seconds of the goal being scored when the music has come on you are back in your seat?

Incredible. We score so few that I am still standing about 10 seconds after the opposition has kicked off again - music or no music.

OK, I might still be standing but I'm not jumping about - I don't like being treated like an idiot. I contrast that to away games, where the only noise when we score is our end shouting and cheering and a quiet, pissed-off sounding home announcer. THAT's what gladdens my heart!

OK, I might still be standing but I'm not jumping about - I don't like being treated like an idiot. I contrast that to away games, where the only noise when we score is our end shouting and cheering and a quiet, pissed-off sounding home announcer. THAT's what gladdens my heart!

If we could fill our ground with our away support then there would be no need for this debate!

No, but the sound our crowd make singing along can be equally as loud and just creates an all-round feel-good atmosphere.

Look, in an ideal world I wouldn't want the music either. But until the Walkers becomes anything but an un-atmospheric tumbleweed bowl I vote for it to stay.

And don't say the atmosphere would develop without the music because I don't really think any of us believe that.

if we weren't dished out servings of shit football every time we go to the Walkers it may help....so in theory the shit idea of playing goal music continues until we become a decent side, which means goal music next season

I've just renewed mine... bring on the Walsall :icon_bigg I'll be commuting from Edinburgh and back for the first 2 months of the season :icon_sad:

i'll renew once again. **** it, what am i going to do........spend time with the other half? **** that!!!!

but i'll be in the same mood as forest fans are towards their jock, "yeah we're winning but he's still a prick"

thats hoping we win

Contemplating wasting my easy earned cash on this shit today. Still not sure if I'm brave enough though.

Contemplating wasting my easy earned cash on this shit today. Still not sure if I'm brave enough though.

If you do it today you are throwing away an extra two weeks worth of interest :102:

If you do it today you are throwing away an extra two weeks worth of interest :102:
I don't care about interest TBH. I don't have enough to worry about it, let alone it dictate my spending habits.

The main stumbling block is what can happen within our club in the next two weeks.

He had about 12 weeks of very little interest towards the end of last season along with a few others,that maybe why he is undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669