Board Out, Kelly Out, Stowell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of companies and football clubs have many more shareholders than us and it doesn't harm them.

The problem is not the structure of the club, it's poor management and weak leadership.

Exactly. Who let a fecking accountant be CEO?

was it 'advised' or required by the administrator do we know?

Don't think so.

I think it may have been something Jon Holmes wanted, he said he wanted to bring the club back to the people of Leicester so wanted as many local shareholders as possible, and didn't want to make it possible for someone to take control of the club easily. Seems he's changed his mind about that now though.

Maybe he realised he made a mistake?

I think the idea in theory was a good one, and it works fine at plenty of other clubs*. it all depends on the people involved as to how it actually works though.

perhaps he only ever considered it a short term measure?

does anybody know how many shareholders would need to approve of changing this ruling, to allow the takeover?

EDIT: *by other clubs, i refer to lots of shareholders, i don't know if any other club has a 10% rule.

Last edited:
1) Hasn't happened so far, don't see why it should now

2) We don't have any

3) Hahahahahahahahahaha

4) Oh bugger, there isn't a 4

Sorry, just my thoughts

yours faithfully

Steve

Totally agree with you, was pointing out how crap the old regime rules were...

Most companies unfortunately. People in my field never get the chance, that is for sure!

On the board - yeah, plenty - it always helps to have at least one person who understands the numbers and to counteract those who get sales but understand feck all else. As CEO, not so often, thankfully.

What's your field? Dicking around on the Internet is good but not always what people look for in a CEO.

On the board - yeah, plenty - it always helps to have at least one person who understands the numbers and to counteract those who get sales but understand feck all else. As CEO, not so often, thankfully.

What's your field? Dicking around on the Internet is good but not always what people look for in a CEO.

I am an internet forum quality surveyor, the pay is terrible.

Or Purchasing, which is the boring answer.

CEO's are usually either Finance background or Sales in my experience, and that is about it.

does anybody know how many shareholders would need to approve of changing this ruling, to allow the takeover?

It forms part of the bid document (based on previous drafts), so as 75% have to be in favour for the deal to go ahead, answer has to be 75% for this as part of the deal.

It forms part of the bid document (based on previous drafts), so as 75% have to be in favour for the deal to go ahead, answer has to be 75% for this as part of the deal.

Evening Trust.

Has the mail out thrown up an interesting set of answers for the vote?

Thanks for the info. The assumption is that the winning vote will be the one you take forward?

It's one factor in the overall decision which is more complex than just the topic covered, but it gives the FT board a much clearer steer as to what members are currently thinking.

Even if the overall outcome is evenly split at opposite ends of the scale, that still provides useful information.

Much better than second guessing by reading message boards. listening to phone in's & chants at the ground.

It's one factor in the overall decision which is more complex than just the topic covered, but it gives the FT board a much clearer steer as to what members are currently thinking.

Even if the overall outcome is evenly split at opposite ends of the scale, that still provides useful information.

Much better than second guessing by reading message boards. listening to phone in's & chants at the ground.

Must admit that putting over a balanced view from your members is your sole objective and aim... the above is not even on your radar.

Just a couple of quick question FT.

i) How are FT members supposed to be able to put a value on shares held in the club without any details of the proper financial situation the club is in (although I'm sure most of us feel the club is not in good shape, what facts do members have to make a quantitative decision)?

ii) Maybe this point is of little value now but I think it is still worth asking... as an overseas foxes fan, why does FT membership cost 5 pounds more than a UK person? How much mail does the FT send out per year? Surely almost all correspondence is by e-mail now which would make no difference in cost. I feel a little miffed that the FT treats overseas fans in this way.

Come on you City slickers!

Cheers,
SamJ

thanks, just wanted to be sure it wasn't more than 75%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669