Board Out, Kelly Out, Stowell Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disco asked for an example of a "'book balancing' sale". I gave this as an example of departures that will work towards a balance. I am very well aware that the departures won't bring the books into balance and I chose my words carefully.
I, in turn, used the phrase to mean a seven figure sum - not just the dog-end of COG's & Momo's wages and whatever could be raised on Ebay from the sale of J-Lo's books.

I think RK should stay until the end of the season.

a) I think he will manage to stave off relegation
b) I think there will be more choice of managers for us in the close season.

b) I think there will be more choice of managers for us in the close season.
That's the only reason why I'd like to see RK kept on and a valid point.

It's just a shame that Managers are now available in transfer windows as well as players. If they don't get sacked they feck off

weve never won the premiership with a manager so lets have a crack at trying without one. would be a laugh

Leeds, Cov, Norwich, Southampton, Palace...
We've spent more (net) on players than those teams in the last couple of years.

The parachute payments thing is irrelevant - we no longer have parachute payments, if we did, we wouldn't have the problems we have now.

cov and palace are not in financial hardship, norwich are still active in the transfer market which suggests they not either. Southampton and leeds up until this transfer window looked like they were in trouble but appear to be fine given recent expenditures. Leeds had much higher debts then us on relegation as well so their ability to shrug these off is an example of what could be done.

My argument has been that we should have assurances from MM before signing our club away. the debate has been whether the current board are held to the same standard.

I Am not happy with mediocrity, my stance has always been optimistic on the MM bid, i hope he is willing to offer assurances.

I think though that without them it is a significant risk to chase a dream which can't be guaranteed. i would prefer to ensure the long term future of the club.

Am i right in assuming that you would sooner chase the dream regardless of the pottential consequences?

what assurances do you have from the current lot in the boardroom other then words of mouth, eg. have they garuanteed the clubs well been using their personal wealth?

thats what is been asked of MM.

cov and palace are not in financial hardship, norwich are still active in the transfer market which suggests they not either. Southampton and leeds up until this transfer window looked like they were in trouble but appear to be fine given recent expenditures. Leeds had much higher debts then us on relegation as well so their ability to shrug these off is an example of what could be done.

The teams you mentioned may have been in financial trouble IF they hadn't sold the players they had - just like we wouldn't have problems if we'd sold a McSheffrey, Ashton, Walcott etc.
I can't believe you're talking about Leeds as a good example, they still have all sorts of financial problems, they had to sell their stadium and training ground before Bates took over, and their net spending since he's been in charge is less than ours - and look where they are in the table!

The teams you mentioned may have been in financial trouble IF they hadn't sold the players they had - just like we wouldn't have problems if we'd sold a McSheffrey, Ashton, Walcott etc.
I can't believe you're talking about Leeds as a good example, they still have all sorts of financial problems, they had to sell their stadium and training ground before Bates took over, and their net spending since he's been in charge is less than ours - and look where they are in the table!

bates also came out about 2 weeks ago and said that if no investor comes in there may well not be a leeds utd in the future.

Just imagine :)

Was the game that bad then!! I thought from the scoreline that we would have been unlucky. Not yet had a chance to look back through the commentary.

Was the game that bad then!! I thought from the scoreline that we would have been unlucky. Not yet had a chance to look back through the commentary.

we were losing 3-0. thats how well we were playing

According to the BBC reporter on final score, the scoreline flattered us and in truth we never really looked like getting anything from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00