Brum after Kisnorbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunc said:
My understanding is that the club (including RK) thinks that barring horrendous injuries our first XI as it stands could finish in the top 6 next season so with that belief, my understanding is that we won't be selling anyone this summer.

Should the club be looking at a nothing season again then books would have to be balanced and a couple of players would be sold in the transfer window. Whilst there is a good chance of Premiership football the club will not want to sell.

From the horse's mouth so to speak..

Sounds promising... hope the horse is right!

RK has also said things are going to be tight without the parachute money and that he will need to be CREATIVE! Is it any coincidence that we have a Finnish CB on trial from Man City and have been watching McAuley from Lincoln? Both are likely to be available on a free, so one could replace PK in the squad, freeing a little cash for more bargain basement squad strengthening

Interesting comments Dunc, and it is promising to know that the club still believe that a push for the play offs is possible, whilst I dont believe there will be wholesale changes, I still would not be surprised if RK sacrificed one of the star players, possibly Kisnorbo, in order to bring in 2 or 3 players who could help improve the overall squad and further assist the push for next season.

Several papers are saying £750k.

Not enough

OldGit said:

Not enough
about the most we will get though.

Aah, the long hot summer has arrived and Kisnorbo's agent has thrown the papers a bone in the hope of a scramble of activity for his client. He obviously hopes to cash in to buy himself a new soft top number for the season.

No one outside of Leicester knew or cared who Kisnorbo was 3 or 4 months ago. In fact most Leicester fans didn't care who he was either. He wasn't worth a hill of beans back then.

Let's face it, hindsight is a beautiful thing, but if someone offered any kind of money for him back then we would have ripped their hand off and laughed like drains.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
''hill of beans''??? ''laughed like drains''???

Couldn't be arsed to make up any new phrases or similies so used some good old fashioned ones. Getting on a bit.

If 750k is all they'd offer then I'd hope we would turn it down.

If what Dunc says is right, that we don't need to sell unless Kelly wants to, then that is great news, hopefully means we can keep hold of our prized assets.

Hazzman said:
The Finn from Man City is a Centre Midfielder.

He played various parts of last night's match at CM, CB and RB. Seemed equally proficient wherever, although Watford offered no great challenge.

dont know if its been mentioned but

"But now that we have some young talented players emerging again, you can hear the flapping of wings. Birmingham boss Steve Bruce was at the Coventry v City game a couple of weeks ago and left the ground the moment Matty Fryatt was substituted"

Matty fryatt maybe not kisnorbo. :(

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|4723232742006381554631

lako42 said:
dont know if its been mentioned but

"But now that we have some young talented players emerging again, you can hear the flapping of wings. Birmingham boss Steve Bruce was at the Coventry v City game a couple of weeks ago and left the ground the moment Matty Fryatt was substituted"

Matty fryatt maybe not kisnorbo. :(

Fryatt was subbed off in the reorganistation that was put into place to ease the effects of the Kisnorbo sending off. I seem to remember that there was no more than a minute or two between the two events. Perhaps Bruce started to leave when Kisnorbo was shown the red card but by the time he had said his goodbyes, Fryat had gone off as well.

bocadillo said:
Fryatt was subbed off in the reorganistation that was put into place to ease the effects of the Kisnorbo sending off. I seem to remember that there was no more than a minute or two between the two events. Perhaps Bruce started to leave when Kisnorbo was shown the red card but by the time he had said his goodbyes, Fryat had gone off as well.

Exactly what I was thinking, Boc.

I think £750,000 would be a to good offer for us to turn down due to us not recieving any parachute money, A friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Brum and reckons they only just missed out on Fryatt and ended up getting DJ Campbell so it wont surprise me if they make a move for Fryatt, and knowing our board a bid of £2m will be accepted.
Kisnorbo can be replaced but Fryatt is a different matter.

OldGit said:

Not enough

Some places are saying Everton will pay £2.5 million. :icon_wink

If it's true that Kelly won't be made to sell anyone unless he wants to, then I really can't see Fryatt leaving. He's gonna be key for us next year and no matter how much money we get we probably wouldn't be able to replace him. Quality strikers are hard to find, especially ones that would be willing to come here that don't get snapped up by bigger clubs beforehand. Unless somebody offers something stupid, he wont go

Graz said:
If it's true that Kelly won't be made to sell anyone unless he wants to, then I really can't see Fryatt leaving. He's gonna be key for us next year and no matter how much money we get we probably wouldn't be able to replace him. Quality strikers are hard to find, especially ones that would be willing to come here that don't get snapped up by bigger clubs beforehand. Unless somebody offers something stupid, he wont go

Something stupid? What, like £1million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00