Cardiff City home 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not taking the piss here but Rab C Neilson has always been a fave of mine. Was watching all of the highlights to the goals this season so far and he is involved in so many.

He was always underated I reckon, although im not denying he had a few shockers last season.

I have also kept quiet on the Sousa debate as I am (unlike many on here) willing to reserve judgement untill a good period of time has passed. He has taken over at a volatile period and he deserves the time to instill his philiosophy on the team, happily it seems like the players are buying into it more and more, partly this must be down to Sousa instilling the belief in the lads that they are capable of this style, not an easy task.

I don't see the QPR game as massive like some of you, I see it as a game against very good opposition and an expensive squad who can beat anyone, It will be difficult and I for one will not change my current thinking on such a difficult game.

Hopefully it's onwards and upwards, and I truely hope this approach from Sousa does work, afterall regardless of how you feel about the 'entertainment' debate, it would be lovely to see the type of football played in the last two games coupled with a win.

Last edited:
Slightly surprised with all the praise for Oakley, he was awful first half and he gave the ball away with almost every pass. Much improved second half though.

Quality result and much deserved.

Slightly surprised with all the praise for Oakley, he was awful first half and he gave the ball away with almost every pass. Much improved second half though.

Quality result and much deserved.

I agree on the first half, it was him giving the ball away that led to their goal (as much of a fluke as it was). Did think he was excellent defensively in the second half, and to a degree in the first though.

That's the best I have ever seen a Leicester team play, football wise at least. I'm slightly stunned still.

I love Andy King more than life itself.

I put money on us on Sunday from promotion. I've seen some shocking City teams in years gone by - 3 passes are we'd hoof it away in panic. But this is an excellent squad with strength on the bench (a big factor over 46 games) playing proper football. Given the profound change in approach it is bound to take time but it has really been coming together for the last few games. I haven't been this optimistic for a long time - just small signs that there is some Premier League quality building (yes I know we're 20th in the Championship).

I get to see City on TV fairly frequently, but it's enbarrassing to admit that tonight was my first home game in over seven years! Looks like I made it to a good one.

My two penneth (before I'm told to pipe down...)

First half was the most one-sided one goal defecit I've ever seen. As someone near me said after they'd scored, in response to the comment that it was their first shot on target, it wasn't, it was their first cross on target, they've still not had a shot. We dominated the first half without looking too threatening but were extremely lucky to go in a goal down.

Second half was outstanding. Could do with a little more movement in the final third but otherw*s* it was a brilliant performance and we totally outclassed an admittedly poor Cardiff. Oakley ran the game from deep and was MOTM for me, along with Howard, who ran himself into the ground, and King who was class, especially when playing off Howard second half. Dyer was a constant threat, I like him coming in from the right in the inverted winger role. Waghorn tried hard but isn't up to speed yet. Defense was solid and never looked troubled. Whittingham had about three touches all game. Cardiff barely strung two passes together and can't have had more than 30% posession.

The move for the first goal was nice, the second goal sublime. The style of play was a joy to watch. Some people around me (in the first half - I moved at half time) were screaming every time the ball was passed sideways, let alone backwards, but keeping hold of the ball proved to be the thing to do today at least. I personally love the idea that we are trying to play "proper" football rather than hoof it at every opportunity. Even today we were still pretty direct at times but mixed it up with periods of passing which I've not seen since McGhee was manager.

Overall, fecking delighted with what I saw. If we keep playing like that, we're looking at a promotion push, not relegation fight.

Hopefully it won't be another seven years before I'm back in Leicester. On the other hand, it took the death of a family member to get me here so maybe it's not such a good idea after all...

Any sign of Rhydal?
Went to bed early last night as dropped old dear off at airport 4:30 this morning.

Well if there's one team in the league I'd have picked to turn up at with 5 premiership quality players missing it's you miserable lot. Feared the worst when saw team sheet. Not too concerned as still second and we can only get better than that tonight. Sounds like we missed Olofinjana badly. Hey ho.

Now do us a favour and beat QPR this weekend.

Went to bed early last night as dropped old dear off at airport 4:30 this morning.

Well if there's one team in the league I'd have picked to turn up at with 5 premiership quality players missing it's you miserable lot. Feared the worst when saw team sheet. Not too concerned as still second and we can only get better than that tonight. Sounds like we missed Olofinjana badly. Hey ho.

Now do us a favour and beat QPR this weekend.

same midfield as last year tho, whitt burke rae and mcphail, we just destroyed you :icon_razz

Absolutely top banana!

Andy King is the best youngster this club has produced since Heskey. Pure quality and the wolves will be circling for his signature in January I would imagine.

Sounded like we were inspired. Congrats to those that got to watch it.

How did Abe look incidentally? Get much of a kick?

Absolutely top banana!

Andy King is the best youngster this club has produced since Heskey. Pure quality and the wolves will be circling for his signature in January I would imagine.

Sounded like we were inspired. Congrats to those that got to watch it.

How did Abe look incidentally? Get much of a kick?

Durham summed it up perfectly in another thread.

Clearly HUGE communication issues here. He was running round like there was a feckin fire when he came on.

Last edited:
Fantastic performance from the lads tonight...that will shut the anti-Sousa brigade up till at least Saturday.

Its definately shut me up, Iv'e been on the fence with Sousa so far, dont agree with his style (at this level) because in this league we need to be more direct (r.e Cardiffs first goal!). But that second half was fantastic! :038:

What has Sousa done with our old Robbie Nielson ? :038:

same midfield as last year tho, whitt burke rae and mcphail, we just destroyed you :icon_razz
But not the midfield which started in our 4 wins this season.
And no Bothroyd taking the pressure off etc.....
League position, average attendance blah blah blah.

Like I said, if you're chirping after the QPR game I'll be as happy as you.

Except he got two assissts.
Exactly Ted. Not many of our players would have had the awareness to pick out King for the second goal.

Loved it last night. Thought Oakleys passing was woeful, but his tackling was superb. Howard suddenly turned it on second half and his flick ons and hold up play was brilliant. Dyer was a constant menace, and even if he did feck up that chance, hes still been our best player this season.

And thats the best performance I've seen by Robbie Neilson in a City shirt!!!

But not the midfield which started in our 4 wins this season.
And no Bothroyd taking the pressure off etc.....
League position, average attendance blah blah blah.

Like I said, if you're chirping after the QPR game I'll be as happy as you.

qpr will be disposed too, on last nights performance, bothroyd was a big loss fair play

Yeah ta fella, might have to sample them after the qpr match then.

Will soon be moving to the west end though so will have plenty of options to satisfy my desire for cat and dog cooked in various forms.

strangely enough, I live on the west end and loads of cats have been going missing lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669