Post Match FA Cup Replay: Leicester 1 Huddersfield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've calmed down a bit now. Football is nothing without the fans and if so few fans care about their team progressing in the cup then why should the players or management care either? It's the last time I go to an FA Cup game even for a tenner. I'd love to see us win it and realistically and statistically we would have much more chance of doing it than winning the Premier League title or a European trophy. I guess it's only the older fans who can remember the glory days of our FA Cup runs who think like that but why should they continue to care when no one else does?

Pearson is a hypocrite. Winning mentality and culture my arse, we never wanted to win that.

His continuation of shit subsand total inability to mix it up continues. I truly hope we don't have an injury crisis.

Garbage

Anyone slagging funcats off must be blind
Nugent was twice as Bad.

Why the friggety-feck is anybody bothered by this loss? It's in a competition we have no chance of winning and the sooner we're out of it the better. Much bigger fish to fry, I'm with Rhydal on this one.

As one who was guilty I have to say I feel well and truly let down. If Futacs never wears the Leicester shirt again I won't complain.

Harsh verging on ridiculous. His first poor game(in my opinion) for us and you are saying that. As i recall, he cost us nothing, or next to nothing. And he hasn`t been given a `run` in the 1st team, unlike certain other people. a couple of the long balls we pumped up front after we changed to a small front pairing made me cringe

A comedy miss by Futtocks, but the bloke has barely had a look in this season. I'm sure there's a decent player in there somewhere, he just looks very short of game time and confidence.

A comedy miss by Futtocks.

It really wasn't that bad a miss. He got a header in and the defender blocked it. I'm not saying he was good tonight but he wasn't that bad. I've seen Waghorn play as bad and miss MUCH easier chances and he's had way too many chances in the first team.

What tonight showed, and I think we all already knew, was how important the loan signing of an experienced striker could be for us. Not an 18 yr old Man Utd youth player but someone in the Jason Roberts mould. Look how an experienced striker helped Reading last season.

I'd like a midfielder too but that's not as much of a priority.

Well said, Mate! So we're out of the cup, who cares?

We should effin care - this was a chance to test ourselves against prem league survivors Wigan, get on ESPN or Fox TV (you in Chicago & me in Toronto aren't seeing any Championship games this year), plus carry the winning mentality into the league games.

I was shocked when I saw a crowd of 15,000 - but maybe its understandable if it was known a second-string team would be put out.

Second string? who are we Man Utd? we need to have our best team out for Cup games, so we come come a cropper aganst teams like Huddersfield at home FFS

Terrible week - just believing in the team as we sat proudly in 2nd place (still do) but two wins this week would have really been nice for the fans who pay their hard earned dosh, and team spirit

I don't think that anybody was suggesting that James alone would win us matches. James alongside Drinkwater is quite clearly our most effective midfield partnership. Nobody was clamouring for James alongside Wellens. You seem to want to jump on anything to support your perverted 'club right fans wrong' viewpoint.

Anyway, on to tonight. When I saw the line up my confidence in us winning was shot. But I was still not expecting a performance as inept as that one. We have been poor in our last three matches and worse in each than the last. Let's hope that ends now rather than descending into the kind of run which could see is scrapping for a play off spot, let alone the top two. Hopefully the rest will do us good.

I'm disappointed to say that I feel the manager and players treated the cup with disdain tonight. Promotion might be more important to those who stand to profit from it but as a supporter I want to see us winning trophies. Was that likely this season? No. But something being unlikely is no reason not to give it a go. Why are we aiming to be a top flight club? I would hope because being so means we are part of an elite group capable of winning silverware. Like the trophy we have given up on tonight. The team selection smacked of the manager not giving a shit and the players did a very good impression of men who felt the same.

Nail, head, hit. Great post.

I agree with Wombat, missed opportunity to test ourselves against Wigan.

After 5 straight wins confidence must have been sky high. 2 poor performances later and things must be very different.

All we have to do now is string another winning sequence together. We are still in a great position.

We were so poor tonight that it is quite concerning - even with the changes made we should have had enough quality to win comfortably. This cup adventure has already hurt us in the league - with Saturday's game already cancelled and Hull winning tonight we could be 6 points behind them on Saturday. Even with 2 games in hand and a better goal difference, points in the bag are of course everything. We have to snap out of this - and very quickly

I'm disappointed to say that I feel the manager and players treated the cup with disdain tonight. Promotion might be more important to those who stand to profit from it but as a supporter I want to see us winning trophies. Was that likely this season? No. But something being unlikely is no reason not to give it a go. Why are we aiming to be a top flight club? I would hope because being so means we are part of an elite group capable of winning silverware. Like the trophy we have given up on tonight. The team selection smacked of the manager not giving a shit and the players did a very good impression of men who felt the same.

A crowd of only 14k might suggest that the fans too treat the cup with disdain and don't give a shit.

A comedy miss by Futtocks

It really wasn't that bad a miss. He got a header in and the defender blocked it.

I think Ted was probably referring to the miskick. I thought the commentator was wrong about the header and that it was very much less of a clear-cut chance than he claimed.

I might have caricatured Matt a bit but he seems to have a big downer on our supporters. I don't use this place as much as others so it's quite possible I don't see enough of his posts to make a good judgement. It wasn't meant as personal attack (and I could have worded it less aggressively) and I'm sure Matt will tell me if he feels it has crossed a line.

Nope you're still on the good side of the line. It's the extremes that some people go to that annoy me, rather than the fans in general. As a few others have pointed out, it's hard to have a go at the players for not caring about the cup when so few fans do (based on attendance).

Futacs and James didn't look very good last night, but neither did anybody except maybe Keane, and we know that they are good players in general. So, to say Futacs should never play again is ridiculous and no doubt the same fans will be calling for him to start if Vardy or Waghorn get a place again. It was as awful a performance as I've seen this season but I also think Pearson's instruction would have been along the lines of "give it 50% and if we win great, but for fecks sake don't push it for extra time".

As for the team selection, Gallagher over Dyer was the only contentious one surely? After the first game, I fully expected Wellens to start as much as I don't agree with it and people wanted to see the Nugent/Futacs partnership. So that's again one, maybe two players that are up for argument, so hardly a disastrous team selection.

Meh, **** him

:icon_lol:

Last edited:
A crowd of only 14k might suggest that the fans too treat the cup with disdain and don't give a shit.

I haven't paid to attend a cup match (except the Florist one last season) for years now. The reason I haven't bothered is because the club don't take the competitions seriously enough and it is clear that they're not a priority. Why should I bother if they don't?

I wish we did take the FA Cup more seriously and I do recall the great excitement and anticipation fans used to feel about it. However, this is now dead and last night was just another nail in the coffin. I find it utterly ridiculous when managers (NP is not in a minority here) who talk as if they give a feck about cup matches and then select teams and play as if they're pre-season friendlies.

The fact that Bradford are in a cup final speaks volumes doesn't it?

We lost that game not from the lack of firepower up front but from inept defending. There was no reason for Morgan to foul their player to concede a free kick in such a dangerous place to concede the first and for the second, to allow Scannel to weave around two defenders ... why Konch made little effort to challenge him I will never know. Yes, we missed chances up front but when two of our most experienced defenders gift them the two goals then it's always going to be a struggle.

If Futacs never wears the Leicester shirt again I won't complain.

Don't go too far the other way :icon_wink

Anyone slagging funcats off must be blind
Nugent was twice as Bad.

Harsh verging on ridiculous.

In the cold light of day I can accept that others were equally as bad as MF. I can also accept that maybe I was a bit harsh and the sorrow was still too raw when I said I didn't want to see him in a Leicester shirt again.

But even allowing for that slight U turn, surely you all must agree that he totally failed to grab the chance he was given.

Fuctash was truly woeful. Even if Nugent did look like he'd never played professional football in his entire life last night, Fuctash was still woeful.

Bringing on the Chuckle Brothers at the end to replace them, underlined just how paper thin our striking options are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669