FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I must have watched a different game to most on here. The one I saw, England lost by the finest of margins to the world champions and their pet referee.

If Kane had put the penalty in, it would have been extra time. If the referee had stopped the French kicking lumps out our players, Stirling wouldn't have been brought on and who knows what chances might have been created
I don’t disagree that it was a tight game, but there’s plenty of ifs and buts in your post and, at the end of the day, we came up short. Again.

Have we actually beaten a traditional “good” team in a competitive situation under Southgate? Feels like we make progress if we continually play lesser teams but never if we play anyone decent.
The commentators said that England have never beaten an elite team in a knockout situation on foreign soil.

I don’t see how anyone can be pleased or satisfied with that performance. We ****ed about for nearly half an hour with no ambition, scared shitless to make any mistakes.

We needed pace and power from the off, and guess what, we didn’t do it and were, as ducking usual, left chasing the game.

We needed goals, France were always going to score one or two goals so the logic is to try and take the initiative which we fails to do YET AGAIN.

We beat two very shit teams, beat another fairly shit team and drew to to a team whose name I can’t even remember.

Shit tournament in my opinion and a real chance wasted to win the tournament by baffling tactics.

Same old England.

Glad I didn't bother watching the inevitable defeat, England are the International equivalent of Tottenham. went to the Birmingham Xmas Market instead.
I'm more excited about the MK Don's V Leicester game than any international fixture

I'm more excited about the MK Don's V Leicester game than any international fixture
One is being held in a culturally backwards wasteland where no right minded person would want to live or visit and the other is….

It Kane actually played like a striker , a poacher, he could have had a few goals last night.
It wasn’t just his shit penalty that cost us

As for Frances first goal, where the **** had Walker gone?
If he’d play with a bit more discipline he would have stopped the ball getting anywhere near our area.
Why had no one picked up the bloke who shot?

A bloody good chance to advance wasted in my eyes

The commentators said that England have never beaten an elite team in a knockout situation on foreign soil.
Yup. England are just not one of the elite and haven’t even been close for a very long time. I don’t know why anyone gets their hopes up about them.

Yup. England are just not one of the elite and haven’t even been close for a very long time. I don’t know why anyone gets their hopes up about them.
Might be the final they got to last major tournament. Or the Semi final before that.

Certainly England has plenty examples of bottling, but they’ve been very close the last two tournaments.

The football media is unreadable today. Almost entirely the same message of a wonderful manager and team that are unlucky/robbed and who will soon win something.

The love in for Southgate is staggering. The excuses provided for yet another campaign that fails the moment we face a half decent opponent.

I don't get it. I'm deliberately detached from it all as I cannot do international football any more but the coordinated misinformation is weird.

Southgate is obviously third rate. The team objectively failed. So why isn't that the narrative?

The football media is unreadable today. Almost entirely the same message of a wonderful manager and team that are unlucky/robbed and who will soon win something.

The love in for Southgate is staggering. The excuses provided for yet another campaign that fails the moment we face a half decent opponent.

I don't get it. I'm deliberately detached from it all as I cannot do international football any more but the coordinated misinformation is weird.

Southgate is obviously third rate. The team objectively failed. So why isn't that the narrative?
The Media and pundits definitely have some kind of misguided faith in Southgate, look on fans forums or the BBC HYS and the vast majority of them are saying Southgate is rubbish and shouldn't be anywhere near the England managers job.
The media keeps harping on about how we got to a semi final and a final so Southgate must be brilliant, what they fail to mention is the piss easy teams he faced getting England there and how he has lost every game against a half decent team.
He's the sort of bloke you'd want your Daughter to be with boring but won't cause you any problems.

Apropos of nothing, I’ve always got on well with my girlfriends’ dads.

You can't win the WC without a striker
Kane is a carbon copy of Rooney before him. Helps himself to shitloads of goals against rubbish but top class international defences shut him out with relative ease. I imagine whoever replaces him long term will be the same.

Plus 17 of his 53 goals have been penalties. By far the highest proportion of anyone in the top England scorers list.

From that list (everyone to score 30 or more goals for England) :

Kane (53 goals 17 pens)
Rooney (53 goals 7 pens)
Charlton (49 goals 3 pens)
Lineker (48 goals 4 pens)
Greaves (44 goals 0 pens)
Owen (40 goals 1 pen)
Lofthouse (30 goals 0 pens)
Shearer (30 goals 6 pens)
Finney (30 goals 3 pens)

The bloke is a massive ****ing fraud.

NB : Same goes for Rooney who needed FORTY more caps to reach the same total Kane currently has. ****ing chimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566