Has Milan run his course........

Is it time for Milan to move on.

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when Milan came on board, plenty of people on here thought he would turn us around, me included, but things have got worse. I think the time is right to ask the question, although you would think i had committed treason for doing so.
Mike Ashley soon moved on when things didnt improve, and Milan has had a fair bit longer than him.

I don't understand "the treason" phrase. Time and again critics of Milan sound as if they are persecuted. Those of us who believe that the future with Milan will be better than a future if he leaves are simply putting our case.
Now admit as I have that I rather liked Ian Holloway and you will be treated as though you were a Jonathan Ross fan. Fine. Football is a game of passionate opinions. But why must Milan's critics sound as if they are about to be pounced on.
Most of my forty years of supporting Leicester we have had boards that lacked ambition. I am willing to put up with a bad season and relegation if in the long run we get rid of a malaise that dates back long before Milan arrived.

Oh for goodness' sake, moaning Lestuh, just chill, will you?

Nothing's ever right for you, is it?

Take the good times with the bad and the inevitable mediocre. It's what it's all about, hey?

Endless managers, players, staff and new chairman in recent years have all failed LCFC. What are the only things to stay the same?! The fans and stadium; can't see how a stadium can put a jynx over us? Therefore i've come to the conclusion its our fickle fans booing; it may or may not be justified being so we are in league 1, but even at the beginning of last year under Martin Allen in Pre-Season- sections of the fans booed in the pre-season tour of Scotland :102:

A significant proportion of LCFC fans are only happy when they are booing and complaining. Sad fact.

who said it was a good thing?

If people think the place is in freefall, they don't have to log on or even visit the site do they?

It must be a very sad thing to come to a site on a regular basis where you feel it is getting more ridiculous by the minute. Give up look somewhere else, find somewhere where everyone agrees with your way of thinking. What a good and happy forum that would be.

No worse than going to a sporting event that is apparantly getting worse week by week.

Oh for goodness' sake, moaning Lestuh, just chill, will you?

Nothing's ever right for you, is it?

Take the good times with the bad and the inevitable mediocre. It's what it's all about, hey?

Surely that's the point though?

Historically, good times for us equate to being above a relegation battle in the top league. Mediocre times are scrapping to survive in the top league or scrapping to get into the top league. Bad times have us in the second league and not threatening to go up.

We've managed to go from bad times to horrific, never before seen, times. 125 years of history and we've never been in the position we find ourselves in right now. In Leicester City terms, we are well beyond bad.

If these times are to be the norm for us in the future, what we are witnessing is the gradual and painful decimation of our support base. The crowds will dwindle and the clubs ambition will reduce. The boo'ing and anger from many supporters is simply an expression of the frustration of seeing our club slowly go down the plug hole.

Responsibility for this totally abnormal period of our history lies with successive chairman and managers who have made very expensive, bad decisions. Mandaric has excelled himself in this regard over the last two years to enable us to plumb to new depths. He has single-handedly taken us from bad times to worse times.

He had done this despite having been owning and running clubs for over 30 years. Despite a comparable experience at another English club where you would have assumed that he learnt something. He has taken on a club that was financially sound in footballing terms but floundering without sufficient capital and a haunting recent period of administration. He has pumped in capital, mostly in the form of loans. His goal clearly being to sell us on within a fairly short period and make a substantial profit. He has made a total mess of this aspiration by making horrendous decisions one after another. He has then blamed the people he has appointed or the fans of the club for his failings.

I loathe the man for what he has done. He doesn't even have the saving grace of someone who did it because of a misguided love/ambition for the club (unlike someone like Elsom). Within six months of his arrival it was apparent that he was a wrong 'un. It staggers me how he manages to retain support and loyalty from supporters despite all this.

Historically, good times for us equate to being above a relegation battle in the top league. Mediocre times are scrapping to survive in the top league or scrapping to get into the top league. Bad times have us in the second league and not threatening to go up.

We've managed to go from bad times to horrific, never before seen, times. 125 years of history and we've never been in the position we find ourselves in right now. In Leicester City terms, we are well beyond bad.

Waffle...

Point 1 : Why is sitting in or around the automatic promotion spots not threatening to go up?

Point 2 : If we are that bad do you expect us to win every game?

Point 1 : Why is sitting in or around the automatic promotion spots not threatening to go up?

He made that comment with regard to us being in the SECOND league. In case you hadn't noticed, we are presently in the THIRD league.

You are spot on Willow.

Why dont you add to the debate, instead of using Willlows cast offs.

If people think this forum is getting "more ridiculous by the minute"..... why don't you just fcuk off?????

I thought this was the place to get things off your chest. I am a City fan of 36 years, ive earnt the right to say what i fecking want, and right now, i would like Milan to move on.

By the way, spot on BG.

.....what course? How to run a football club? How to get ahead in business?

Milans not stupid, he bought this club not because he loves City, because we were cheap, and he thought he could make a quick buck by getting us back to the Prem, and then dump us for a profit.

Milan will recieve a birthday card from the Queen before he gets us back to the promise land. He will move on soon once he realises he cant take us forward.

All buisness men will sell up and take a loss, once they know the games up.

A significant proportion of LCFC fans are only happy when they are booing and complaining. Sad fact.

Same again, why dont you add to the debate, instead of stating the bloody obvious.

No worse than going to a sporting event that is apparantly getting worse week by week.

If you honestly think watching City is fun these days, you need a new dog.

If these times are to be the norm for us in the future, what we are witnessing is the gradual and painful decimation of our support base. The crowds will dwindle and the clubs ambition will reduce. The boo'ing and anger from many supporters is simply an expression of the frustration of seeing our club slowly go down the plug hole.

Responsibility for this totally abnormal period of our history lies with successive chairman and managers who have made very expensive, bad decisions. Mandaric has excelled himself in this regard over the last two years to enable us to plumb to new depths. He has single-handedly taken us from bad times to worse times.

He had done this despite having been owning and running clubs for over 30 years. Despite a comparable experience at another English club where you would have assumed that he learnt something. He has taken on a club that was financially sound in footballing terms but floundering without sufficient capital and a haunting recent period of administration. He has pumped in capital, mostly in the form of loans. His goal clearly being to sell us on within a fairly short period and make a substantial profit. He has made a total mess of this aspiration by making horrendous decisions one after another. He has then blamed the people he has appointed or the fans of the club for his failings.
I loathe the man for what he has done. He doesn't even have the saving grace of someone who did it because of a misguided love/ambition for the club (unlike someone like Elsom). Within six months of his arrival it was apparent that he was a wrong 'un. It staggers me how he manages to retain support and loyalty from supporters despite all this.

An excellent post.

Its a pity Harold Shipman couldnt post something constructive, instead of posting his usuall 'small talk'

I doubt many on here know the depths we had actually fallen too financially prior to Mandaric coming in. I know the dreaded 'a' word had been branded about with serious intention.

Why are we back here arguing the toss over this? Because of a run of matches which has been a bit disappointing?

Mandaric is in charge, his judgements may have been questionable, but I don't think we'd have been relegated with Megson at the helm, yet I see no anger towards the ginger one at all.

IMO we will go up this season, NP is a sound appointment and the signings this season look absolutely superb, the best LCFC signings I have seen in quite some time.

This season will have it's ups and downs. We're in a down, now let's all get behind the team (including Mandaric) and do what we can (support) LCFC back to the Champ at first time in asking.

By the way, spot on BG.

Why don't you add to the debate, instead of using BG's cast offs?

Milans not stupid

Indeed not. And that's why he knows that for the good of his investment and the future of the club, the boo-boys should stay in the pub.

Enjoy your pint.

He bought this club not because he loves City, because we were cheap, and he thought he could make a quick buck by getting us back to the Prem, and then dump us for a profit.

How do you know what Milan is thinking. Not only do you have the ability to know what will make a good thread or not, your a fvcking psychic also. I bow to you.

An excellent post.

Why don't you add to the debate, instead of using Brown Nose's cast offs?

Its a pity Harold Shipman couldnt post something constructive

You're just so easy.

Indeed not. And that's why he knows that for the good of his investment and the future of the club, the boo-boys should stay in the pub.

Enjoy your pint.

How do you know what Milan is thinking. Not only do you have the ability to know what will make a good thread or not, your a fvcking psychic also. I bow to you.

You're just so easy.

Major pwnage

Why does one defeat provoke such hysteria :102:

I don't think anyone is hysterical but 3 points from 12 won't get us promoted, 2 runs like over a season will see us finish in the playoffs at best. NP will sort it though and it will start this saturday:icon_wink

I added to the debate, then i recognised BG.

Enjoy your pint.

Your having a laugh Shippy :081:

Milan should be bowing at the feet of every City fan as they walk in the Walkers. Not telling them to fvck off down the pub.

It was an excellent point. Take note Shippy!!

You're just so easy.

Its not my fault you look like him :102::icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572