Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The signs of the implosion became obvious after MON left, but the implosion itself occurred well within his era. There was a huge and unhealthy vacuum in the leadership at board level as a result of the fiasco of the battle for control between Sir Rodney Walker and John Elsom on the one hand and the so-called Gang of Four, Ray Parker, Barrie Pierpoint, Phil Smith and Gilbert Kinch, on the other.

The club has never recovered.

Very interesting point.

I can see that there was a 'darker' side to the O'Neill era. As I understand it he was a considerable and fairly ruthless manipulator himself and that may have complicated board management issues. However, he is an extremely good manager and I suppose that whilst he remained in post the club had some effective leadership - of course once he had gone.....

Very interesting point.

I can see that there was a 'darker' side to the O'Neill era. As I understand it he was a considerable and fairly ruthless manipulator himself and that may have complicated board management issues. However, he is an extremely good manager and I suppose that whilst he remained in post the club had some effective leadership - of course once he had gone.....

That is *exactly* what I mean.

Very interesting point.

yeah once the 4 eyed cnut had got Elsom in and then fecked off to Scotland.

I hereby apologise to those who thought Holloway should have gone months ago - I admit it would have been the wisest decision.

I hereby apologise to those who thought Holloway should have gone months ago - I admit it would have been the wisest decision.
I think those who did call for it, didn't really want it. I for one was hoping he proved me wrong.

My attitdue now is; I'd rather get relegated without him, than with him.

I think those who did call for it, didn't really want it. I for one was hoping he proved me wrong.

My attitdue now is; I'd rather get relegated without him, than with him.

I did.

I, for some unknown reason, spotted how useless Hollloway is tactically. He gave me no faith in his team selections or the positions he asked players to play in.
I've been calling for him to go for many months, but I'm one of the minority. The arguments are always the same, look at what he achieved at Plymouth, so what did Holloway achieve at Plymouth ? They were 7th in the table when he left, that isn't even the play-off positions. IMO, he was punching above his weight there. What did he do at QPR, got relegated with them and took three seasons to get promotion again and then they lingered near the bottom of the Championship. Where we are in the table is Holloways normal position.
Then there is the stability argument, stability is great if you have the right man in place, Holloway is not that man. Holloway has never been promoted out of this league and probably never will be. His tactics are easy to see and therefore easy to beat.
Unfortunately to many fans fell for his personality rather than noticing his incompetance and acting on results, is there anyone who is still willing to stick up for their comedian ?:102:

Holloway is focussed on achieving a cheap popularity with supporters. I actually think he is quite good at it - and he has certainly created a barrier against his dismissal on the basis of that popularity.

Unfortunately, he is not a particularly good football manager and he inherited a very difficult situation at the Walkers. He hasn't handled it this season and there is no reason to think he would be more successful next season.

He has to go immediately the season ends.

Ian Holloway feck off, Ian Holloway feck off Ian Holloway feck off Ian Holloway feck off Ian Holloway feck off Ian Holloway feck off......

You know the tune it goes to

Ian Holloway feck off, Ian Holloway feck off Ian Holloway feck off Ian Holloway feck off Ian Holloway feck off Ian Holloway feck off......

You know the tune it goes to

I thought you were the one who wanted a review at the end of the season - don't tell me you've changed your mind again?

I thought you were the one who wanted a review at the end of the season - don't tell me you've changed your mind again?

You are one stupid cnut. Read my posts properly, or better still go to one or two of the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669