Hume - fractured skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really see what else the FA could do, like they said FiFA won't let them upgrade to a red card and I don't see how you could prove it wasn't just a bad challenge with an arm at an unfortunate height.

Doesn't mean I agree with it, just that I can't see what else they could have done.

I wonder if they could have charged him with a 'separate bringing the game into disrepute offence'.

I don't see how the FA can be comfortable with people going around a football pitch recklessly causing serious head injuries to someone.

Obviously Barnsley & Hume could look at a civil action but it seems to me wrong that the FA can just cop out. The FA and FIFA have their values all wrong. They jump on managers who criticise refs for making perverse decisions but don't sort out matters like this.

I don't think the FA can do anything with an incident that the ref has already dealt with.

There ceartainly ought to be a mechanism whereby they can intervene in situations like this.

Like a big pokey finger on a giant spring?

That idea kind of appeals to me. Maybe I'm a perv?

But I certainly want someone to be answerable for what happened to Iain Hume. If he'd tripped over a paving slab in Granby Street and twisted his ankle he'd have better legal backing than this.

The FA has always been useless.

They should come in hot and strong for something that in real life amounts to GBH.

That idea kind of appeals to me. Maybe I'm a perv?

But I certainly want someone to be answerable for what happened to Iain Hume. If he'd tripped over a paving slab in Granby Street and twisted his ankle he'd have better legal backing than this.

The FA has always been useless.

They should come in hot and strong for something that in real life amounts to GBH.

You should know better than post this provocative stuff on here

Walsh was punished in retrospective for a very similar case against a Shrewsbury player. As was Thatcher, the FA can intervene in an exceptional circumstance.

This clearly is one but the FA lose another bit of creditability. If this was in the Premiership, it would be acted upon fairly quickly.

I don't know if anyone has already posted this image (I couldn't be bothered to read back through the pages)

TH0_2611200815Hume_Photograph.jpg

Thats got to hurt!

I don't know if anyone has already posted this image (I couldn't be bothered to read back through the pages)

TH0_2611200815Hume_Photograph.jpg

Thats got to hurt!

.... and the FA do nothing. :098:

The scar was caused by the operation though.

Aye,as bad it was Morgan didn't actually cause the scar.Although his actions resulted in the operation.Morgan should have been fined and banned but thats the FA for you

The scar was caused by the operation though.

Of course it wasn't, you can see the shape of his elbow in the scar.
That Morgan lad is evil personified and he eats kittens.

The FA ought to make him watch ITV for a few hours, that'd teach him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669