Important message for MDV 'boo-boys'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Sorry guys, you will have to find yourselves another target for this season.

The guy was awesome today. He chased, everything, robbed the ball off of some of the Prem's best defenders, held it up to give options to others and made great passes all over, including, for the second match I have seen, another amazing inch perfect pass for Hume to slot home another goal.

It was quite obvious as well by the congatulations that MA gave him when he subbed him at 80 mins, that he is very impressed by his performance as well. You can be the best forward in the team if all you do is create all the chances for those around you to simply put away!

I think the boo-boys will just have to accept that this guy is going to lead the line as second on the team sheet after Clemence and it will be Hume and Campbell that will be competing to join him! Fryatt, Cort and Elvis are not going to get a look in!

The pass was brilliant, but that was about all I've seen of him. Very sad if he got negative shouts now when he has shaped up so much. All the credits to him for never giving up and go to another club, and also credits to Martin Allen to give him a chance and not just let him go away.

EDIT: Sounded a bit like I didn't think he was good. What I meant was I'm not the right one to judge, but it will be interesting to see what he can do this season.

Last edited:
I think the boo-boys will just have to accept that this guy is going to lead the line as second on the team sheet after Clemence and it will be Hume and Campbell that will be competing to join him! Fryatt, Cort and Elvis are not going to get a look in!

I agree with everything you have said, but would add that there were none of the boo-boys present today. The round of applause MDV got when he left the pitch was among the loudest of the day.

I agree with everything you have said, but would add that there were none of the boo-boys present today. The round of applause MDV got when he left the pitch was among the loudest of the day.

I heard a few when his name was announced at the start of the game' Hopefully they were ashamed of themselves by the end of the game!

If he is playing so good why has MA not taken him off the transfer list or indeed why has nobody come in for him.
He will get my backing however he has to keep up the good form when it matters (if Cort was fit or we got Izale i dont think MDV would be in the starting line up) but obviously Hume and DJ are to similar to be strike partners.

The guy was awesome today. He chased, everything, robbed the ball off of some of the Prem's best defenders, held it up to give options to others and made great passes all over, including, for the second match I have seen, another amazing inch perfect pass for Hume to slot home another goal.

It was quite obvious as well by the congatulations that MA gave him when he subbed him at 80 mins, that he is very impressed by his performance as well. You can be the best forward in the team if all you do is create all the chances for those around you to simply put away!

well said :038::038::038:

I agreee with the original post as well. Those "fans" that boo any of the players at the beginning of any season are complete tossers. It's a new season, new start and new manager. I wouldn't have a go at anyone at the start of any season as it's a clean slate.

I'd imagine that quite a few of the "fans" in yesterday were people going along that don't usually go. It's something that I hate for friendlies and cup matches.

Something I have been saying about de Vries since I started watching him at Leicester is that he is MUCH MUCH better when it is played to his feet. I noticed that almost straight off but then you had the idiot that was Levein playing it to his head all of the time when he can't head the bloody thing. I shouldn't be surprised as this was the same manager that played Patrick Kisnorbo in central midfield....

Last edited:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ANY BOO BOYS: Feck Off!

:038::038::038:

I took my mate down to the walkers when we first signed him, he's a liverpool fan and he absolutely raved about him when he came out. I remember him pulling a ball down from waist height then turning and running with it round the outside of the defender before cutting inside and squaring it across the 6 yard boss for connolly to smash into the kop. my mates reaction of "that was lke watching thierry henry" was probably over the top but shows he definitely has something in the way of natural taent. with his new physique, a bit of confidence and the ball played into his feet i wouldn't be surprised to see him as one of our key players this year.

I didn't think MDV played with Connolly.................:102:

Thought he had gone to Wigan long before then

Well connolly actually played a few games for us that season before leaving so he could well have!

Martin Allen:

I also know about the abuse Mark de Vries has taken in the past, rightly or wrongly, but he's worked hard through the summer on his fitness, worked very hard with me in pre-season, he's been an excellent professional and as I said earlier, supporters don't mind if players have a go.

Mark has now got some confidence, he's had a kick up the backside from me and he's had to work harder than he ever has in his life but I said to him that he'd get the benefits in the long term and if he continues what he's doing then he's got a chance of being an asset to me, to himself and of course the fans.

MDV did play along side Connolly, and that is exactly the same reason why I had the same opinion of Connolly as I do of Hume. That little pikey gimp couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo and was greeted with heroic status everytime he hit the post and MDV was booed for far lesser crimes.

Let's face it, city fans are easily duped. If you run around a lot and give the impression you're working hard for the club, you will never do any wrong, whatever your results (Connolly, Dickov, Hume).

But if you appear to be a player who doesn't appear to give 100%, you will be forever berated whatever your results.

De Vries joined us in Jan 05, Connolly left at the end of August 05. So they had a half a season together (during which MDV scored once) then a couple of games at the start of the next one including the 4-2 win against Stoke in which Connolly got a hat-trick and MDV got one. At that time they started looking like a partnership.

Let's face it, city fans are easily duped. If you run around a lot and give the impression you're working hard for the club, you will never do any wrong, whatever your results (Connolly, Dickov, Hume).

At least Dickov had the end product.

Have to agree - terrific performance

Compare and contrast with has-been Cole who some think would be thee answer to out prayers.

Had one just behind me shouting "get him off" every time he got near the ball.

For a start, I've never once booed MDV. His initial appearances were promising and I encouraged him as much as anyone.

However, just because he's made a couple of decent PSF appearances doesn't hide away the fact that he let us down badly.

His body language on the pitch together with his constant moaning and complaining to refs was embarrassing. His finishing was consistently poor. His confidence drained far too easily. He was lumberingly slow, dire in the air and all round a total shambles at the point when we sent him out on loan. By the accounts I've read, he was bloody awful on loan too (coming on as sub usually and then getting sent off/subbed again/not impressing).

If MA has performed a miracle with him, fantastic. But let's not forget that were very good reasons why he wasn't popular and he's got to deliver the goods consistently to change most people's opinions, including mine.

When they both had a pre-season together and developed an understanding, they scored 5 in 2 games between them.

just because he's made a couple of decent PSF appearances doesn't hide away the fact that he let us down badly.

mine.

I am sorry but he's lost a good stone or more in weight and generally looks up for it. He's trying and putting some effort in, a lot more than the likes of Fryatt, Stearman and Hammond last season. I was disgusted by the chap behind me who was calling him blind on about the 60th minute, he's trying unlike certain feckers last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669