Ipswich Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if mandaric got the money fking spend it on decent managers and players ffs! wha is so different bout us and pompey there a success and were a fcking mess! is hollaway a prem manager even if he got us there? get sum1 good in! :056::068::068:

That has just about bloody done it for me now.

I'm trying to understand what it is about Ollie that everybody has taken to, I'm trying to understand how one Manager can be forgiven for his disasterous start, and another one can't. I'm trying to understand what Olli is bringing to this club, i have asked for help in understanding this.
1) It doesn't look like everybody has "taken to" Ollie at all. Far from it.
2) Who was forgiven for a disastrous start? Who wasn't? I don't get it.
3) What he is trying to bring to this club, against everyone's wishes it seems, is a bit of stability. He keeps saying that, but if you don't believe him then fair enough.
4) I think that all the Ollie "apologists" such as myself (and to make it easier, just call us the BMs) want is for him to be given a bit of time. He's a proven manager at this level, and us BMs are just hoping that, this time, we might have found someone who can actually do something here. If we feck this one up we'll be really scraping the barrel next time.
5) The MON and Fegie comments are valid IMO as they adequately illustrate what happens if you give the right man some time. The point is, we don't know if Ollie is the right man yet, but we never will if we boot him out and start afresh yet again.

:bang:

So, let me get this right.

It's all about the Manager's personality?

If so, I think I hve the answers I need

You caught on 5 months late.

We knew it was about personality when fans didnt want warnock for the reason well they didnt like his personality.

I didnt like megson because I felt he was too negative however in away games his form was decent and I was slowly coming around. Holloway I am not going to pass judgement on him yet I will at least let him get some players in.

if mandaric got the money fking spend it on decent managers and players ffs! wha is so different bout us and pompey there a success and were a fcking mess! is hollaway a prem manager even if he got us there? get sum1 good in! :056::068::068:

Portsmouth had several relegation battles under Mandaric before he got lucky when he appointed Redknapp.

Just got back, FECKIN MISSED BY LAST TRAIN FROM EUSTON, so had to go to northampton.

What a loada shite!!!!!!!

Portsmouth had several relegation battles under Mandaric before he got lucky when he appointed Redknapp.

Yet if you had of pointed this out during MM's take over you were accused of not being a real fan!!

Ipswich boss Jim Magilton admitted he would have been "aggrieved" had the penalty decision gone against his team.

He said: "I would have felt hard done by. There might have been initial contact but the lad dropped the ball and the referee went with his linesman.

"Their player was very unlucky to concede a penalty and be sent off."

Turning point in the game.

Amazing how things go against you when you are fighting for points.
Keep the faith.

Agreed, what would have happened if Man Utd had listened to the fans and actually sacked Alex Ferguson in his early years, and if i'm not wrong, I think it took him a good couple years worth of mediocre to shite football before things turned for him.

Too fecking right.Ferguson was ONE game away from the sack at one point,FA Cup tie against Forest.If they'd been knocked out that would have been their last chance of a trophy that season gone & he would have got the push in the summer.As it was they won the game & went on to win the FA Cup...the rest is history.
To be honest i think we need to stick with Ollie right the way through.Even if the unthinkable happens & we go down we should keep him on.You can't give the guy a complete crock of shite then expect him to work miracles in the transfer market then judge him on less than half a season with his own players.
We survive as best we can,add an attacking midfielder (or 2!) in the window,sign Fulop up on a permanent deal ASAP then try to stay up.Then we let Ollie shape his own squad next summer & see what happens.IMO we need to give the guy til this time NEXT year minimum to stamp himself on the club.The instability since the takeover has been nothing short of disastruous for the club on every level & it has to stop NOW.

You can't give the guy a complete crock of shite then expect him to work miracles in the transfer market then judge him on less than half a season with his own players.
We survive as best we can,add an attacking midfielder (or 2!) in the window,sign Fulop up on a permanent deal ASAP then try to stay up.Then we let Ollie shape his own squad next summer & see what happens.IMO we need to give the guy til this time NEXT year minimum to stamp himself on the club.The instability since the takeover has been nothing short of disastruous for the club on every level & it has to stop NOW.
:063: Bang on the money there give_us_a_wave

So much so that I will, in fact, give you a wave. :006:

I had to start work about an hour before kick-off so missed the match completely. I wasn't surprised by the result though, especially seeing as how we had Kisnorbo take an early shower. All is not lost. I think Jeff's post hit the nail on the head. Ipswich do have a good record at home. We are currently in a slump because of the quality of the teams we've played and Holloway's policy of giving everyone a game. Once we start to get the team settled and start playing a few of the "easier" teams we should start to climb the ladder. January transfer window hopefully will bring some badly needed creativity into the squad. I can see Melts point about the treatment of Ollie vs Megson but at this stage we need to get some stability at the club. I think Ollie has an eye for talent and will slowly get things moving in the right direction. Let's get behind the team and the manager, in good times and in bad, no matter how tough things get. There is light at the end of this tunnel. It's just a bloody big tunnel.

3) What he is trying to bring to this club, against everyone's wishes it seems, is a bit of stability. He keeps saying that, but if you don't believe him then fair enough.
4) I think that all the Ollie "apologists" such as myself (and to make it easier, just call us the BMs) want is for him to be given a bit of time. He's a proven manager at this level, and us BMs are just hoping that, this time, we might have found someone who can actually do something here. If we feck this one up we'll be really scraping the barrel next time.
5) The MON and Fegie comments are valid IMO as they adequately illustrate what happens if you give the right man some time. The point is, we don't know if Ollie is the right man yet, but we never will if we boot him out and start afresh yet again.

Spot on. Excellent post - nothing that I can add. I'll shut up now.:023:

That has just about bloody done it for me now.

I'm trying to understand what it is about Ollie that everybody has taken to, I'm trying to understand how one Manager can be forgiven for his disasterous start, and another one can't. I'm trying to understand what Olli is bringing to this club, i have asked for help in understanding this.

I have just received two insults, one from Lako caling me childish and one from PK above.

I've had enough, I'm above this and won't be called names for wanting to debate , raise questions and understand. This time, I won't sink low enough to retaliate, I'll walk away.

See you are making new friends...............

Spot on. Excellent post - nothing that I can add. I'll shut up now.:023:

Hear hear!!

I believe the reaon Ollie will get a fair crack of the whip is because deep down, in most Leicester City fans hearts, we feel he is a sort of Martin O Neill character that can, given time, bring success.

The exact reasons why we were behind Martin Allen and why there seemed to be uproar when he was sacked.

The exact reason why Megson, Levein et al were never accepted by the Leicester masses.

The reason we all wanted Mourinho to manage England.

Fact is, we all want a manager who we like, can relate to, is passionate, communicates well with the fans and tells it how it is.............we then hope that this brings us results as well.

Megson was never given a warm welcome because the fans didn't like him, he had no personality and his style of football wasn't great, and look what happened................ Ollie on the other hand has great personal skills, passion and committment and won't jump ship if it starts getting tough.

He will ultimately be judged on results, but for now, fans want him to succeed and it is for this very reason that I am 100% behind Ian Holloway.

I rest my case Melton Fox.

I believe the reaon Ollie will get a fair crack of the whip is because deep down, in most Leicester City fans hearts, we feel he is a sort of Martin O Neill character that can, given time, bring success.

The exact reasons why we were behind Martin Allen and why there seemed to be uproar when he was sacked.

Fact is, we all want a manager who we like, can relate to, is passionate, communicates well with the fans and tells it how it is.............we then hope that this brings us results as well.

In my opinion, that is pretty much spot on.

Ollie on the other hand has great personal skills, passion and committment and won't jump ship if it starts getting tough.

Ah, now at this point I disagree with you, mainly because of our appalling record of hounding people out of the club.

Spot On.

Steering back to topic, anyone from here there last night? Care to elaborate? Was Kaebi the missing link??

I really cant be arsed with the same w***ers constantly moaning about the players and manager.

SHUT THE FCUK UP!

All you do is moan every day about shit players and that IH should be taking the blame now as well. Everyone realises we are in the shit but rather then looking at somebody to blame, some of us try to stay positive.

We have lost to a good team who have the best record at home this season. A dodgy pen decision has cost us any chance of winning, yet to hear some of you talk its the end of the world.

You can all post on hear and bitch about players and the manager but at the end of the day it will make **** ALL DIFFERENCE! I appreciate venting your anger after games can sometimes help, but every single day gets a little bit too much.

Some of you need to stop living in the past and realise we are in the shit and thats how it is going to be, either get a grip and do they only thing a fan can do to help the team and get behind them or **** off, because to be truly honest nobody would miss you!

Good Lad!

Incredible. Do you really believe that

I couldn't disagree more - it's utter madness

What we actually want is a manager who gets results.That is it
Nothing else matters - everything else is soooooo unimportant as to be hardly worth a mention. If he happens to do all the communication thing, then whoop de doo.

Frankly I couldn't give a toss if I never actually saw or heard from the manager and he was, in fact, an insane hermit who lived in a cave somewhere. Actually, as long he got the team to win a few games here and there, and actually demonstrate that we were getting back to where we want to be, then I really wouldn't care if I didn't know who the manager was

The world has gone crazy. Apparently people would sooner have a wise-cracking 'personality' in charge of the football team than one that actually got some feckin' points on the board.

Come and save us, Holy Santa........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670