Kasper the end? Thanks for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty hefty debate been going on the Mercury forum with a couple of True Blues holding their own against a Hull Broadside.
Anyone interested? Post is "Leicester City must hang on to Kasper Schmeichel":038:

I can't think of anything that would confirm that I've made some very wrong life choices as much as getting involved in a debate on there.

I can't think of anything that would confirm that I've made some very wrong life choices as much as getting involved in a debate on there.

*sob* my talkingballs debates are the only thing I have left to confirm that I'm still alive *sob* somebody respond to me please or that's it, I'm ****ing myself into the river. jas123 are you there? Talk some sense to me please brother

*sob* my talkingballs debates are the only thing I have left to confirm that I'm still alive *sob* somebody respond to me please or that's it, I'm ****ing myself into the river. jas123 are you there? Talk some sense to me please brother

may have been a bit Judgy McJudgePants in my drunken haze last night.

Apparently a New offer coming soon from Dull with Hobbs as part of the deal

Tbh. More than £2mil + Hobbs and I think I would accept.

Pearson's sides never need a good keeper, they've always been restricting the amount of shots we've had against us. We had a succession of terrible keepers in our League One promotion as did Hull when he was there and they had the best defensive partnership in the division. This season, I honestly thought Kasper was mediocre up until February, not because he was bad himself, but because he never had anything to do up until then because we'd conceded by far the fewest goals in the division. We did quite well with a decent keeper on a free in Weale as well under Pearson in our play-off season. I reckon centre-backs are far more important than keepers in the way Pearson plays.

I always said I wish we had Hobbs back alongside Morgan, because he's undoubtedly a very good defender at this level when he has the right player to play alongside him (though he's poor when not) and I reckon he'd work really well with Morgan.

Last edited:
My issue with Hobbs is that even to this day he is by far the worst outfield distributer of the ball I have ever seen at this level of football.

My issue with Hobbs is that even to this day he is by far the worst outfield distributer of the ball I have ever seen at this level of football.

I agree he's not great at that in particular, but come on Lako..........Wayne Brown.

Fair point his distribution was bad, but Kasper is the worst goalkeeper for distribution I've seen for us so it's a fair swap I'd say.

Last edited:
You haven't seen many goalkeepers play for City, is all I can deduce from that statement

We've had enough over the past few years.

Stuart Taylor stood out as being the 2nd worse when it came to distribution, but at least he would occasionally put balls in the spot of 50-50 headers where a player from both teams would challenge. Instead of either kicking it out of play or putting in a position where only an opposition player is with no Leicester player in sight, as Kasper does 9 times out of 10.

Paul Henderson was one of the worst. Used to panic whenever he had to use his feet, looked so unnatural and either went straight up in the air or straight out of play .

Paul Henderson was one of the worst. Used to panic whenever he had to use his feet, looked so unnatural and either went straight up in the air or straight out of play .

Lars Hirschfeld (sp) was truly the worst heap of shit I've seen in the city goal.

Kept a clean sheet though didn't he in his only appearance?

Lars Hirschfeld (sp) was truly the worst heap of shit I've seen in the city goal.
I was there. Every single kick, without exception, went out of play. Dogshite.

Weale's distribution was bollocks, as was Henderson's. Don't even get me started on Rab C Nesbitt.

Jimmy Neilson.

Even looked poor away at Quorn in a pre-season game.

That is all.

Jimmy Neilson.

Even looked poor away at Quorn in a pre-season game.

That is all.

I remember that one, not fondly either, mainly because I got Carl Corts shirt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570