Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terracotta - Highcross Street

I've been here about seven or eight times (AYCE buffet) but this was by far and away the worst yet.

Food not that hot, over-fried starters (pancake rolls etc) and the meat (except the chicken) very ropey and seemingly scraped off the bone.

This was my first Saturday night there so maybe they cater for a different crowd on a Saturday or maybe it was to have a go at all the rugger-buggers in there.

Mumtaz - Harborough's latest addition to the St Mary's road 'curry triangle'. Its basically the old Moment of India which was famed for its troubles.

Today they had an all day buffet for £6.95 a head. Got there and we had to wait for a table to be set (there was only one other table in use!). There was very few starters left, apart from a warm salad which looked like it had been there for a few hours. The mains had a choice of only Chicken Tikka Massala or Chicken Jalf - there was naan and rice. Tasted ok, but ice cold plates meant that it all went cold very quick. The couple sat next to us ate from the main menu and were less than impressed with the cold plates and lack of lamb in a lamb madras.
Teething problems perhaps, so it was a nice touch when they added an extra tenner on to the bill when we came to leave!!!

I hope its teething problems because its a nice place, but I will be back in the bengal or the blooz from now on

they added £10 on??? :102:

Terracotta - Highcross Street

I've been here about seven or eight times (AYCE buffet) but this was by far and away the worst yet.

Food not that hot, over-fried starters (pancake rolls etc) and the meat (except the chicken) very ropey and seemingly scraped off the bone.

This was my first Saturday night there so maybe they cater for a different crowd on a Saturday or maybe it was to have a go at all the rugger-buggers in there.

It sounds as if the place may have gone down hill.

Up until the Highcross (and The Real China) opened, it was really nice. We went often and never had any complaints.

It sounds as if the place may have gone down hill.

Up until the Highcross (and The Real China) opened, it was really nice. We went often and never had any complaints.

Eataway beats them both hands down IMO.

Where's that?

I always thought of Real China as the cheaper alternative to TC.

Zucchero isn't much kop in my opinion, although it's better than the others for social reasons.

Where's that?

Zucchero isn't much kop in my opinion, although it's better than the others for social reasons.

I think its on Churchgate

Where's that?

I wouldnt bother Han its ok for dodgeites like MHS but not anyone else. Think Marios crossed with Maryland :icon_bigg

Personally I believe food is something you should not skim on. It's worth paying the extra tenner to ensure better grub and no runs the next morning

Rule 2 of eating out.

Never go in groups more than ten

Haha. I agree with what you're saying about paying extra. That is only true depending on who you are with- family , partner etc.

If you're in a noisy group then you don't want to go somewhere that you'll be frowned upon. Buffets have their place!

I take it you won't be coming to the sparta Christmas do ? Big group... Buffet... Mosh... ;)

Flying Horse chinese, halfway between Markfield and Bardon Hill.

8 of us went on Friday, took a client out. Enjoyable evening, really nice food. A little over priced IMO, but I wasn't footing the bill. £250 for 8 of us, including all drinks. Was expecting buffet style, but it was menu based. We were on a table which had a centre turning table, so we could all share abit of each others food. Service was excellent.

8/10

Anyone have any idea of good pubs - restaurants in Narborough or surrounding areas?

Just moved here and not that familiar with the area.

Anyone have any idea of good pubs - restaurants in Narborough or surrounding areas?

Just moved here and not that familiar with the area.

Get yourself to Spice 45 (Narb) or Aspects (enderby) for a good curry. Narb Arms is 2 for £10 for pub grub. Not eaten there myself but I here it's not great. Not sure about drinking type pubs as not been out around the area for about 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58